• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Cars F1 1975 HE V1.1 2017-01-25

Historic Edition 1975 Mod by Chief Wiggum

1. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Cool, sounds good to me. The tyre file is something in still getting my head round tbh with you. Obv the hdv files and all the magic that goes on in there I'm fine with but the tbc files are something I'm learning as I go, so I'll def give them a whirl.

2. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Right after your message it compelled me to go off and have a play around too. I will send you over the new tyre physics file i have worked on, along with some of the other features i was working on in the HDV and engine ini file. The tyre file i will send you over has a lot more play now, more sideways actions coming out of the corners, so there is quite a bit more powersliding (but not drifting!!). I had actually begun work on the degradation anyways, so the tyres now are a lot more durable. See what you think, but keep in mind its a work in progress :) I think once the tyres are nailed then i need to back engineer all the other cars to bring out their handling quirks. Shouldnt take too long though :)

3. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    Well im working on it mate, i really want to be able to have tyres that we can do these controlled but impressive corner exit powerslides, and to have the general physics be not quite so critical. But as future developments get released keep all the feedback coming in, you can PM me or on this thread. But i'd like this to certainly be mostly wrapped up and completed within the next few weeks :)

4. Russ Craven

Russ Craven

Ratings:
    +12
    As a long time fan of Chiefs work, it pleases me no end to see it receive the attention it deserves. To me one of the pleasures of a historic version, is the subtle differences in performance. Where one chassis may suit one better than another.The pleasure of fiddling with a chosen chassis' setup to make it suit your own driving style is an endless source of pleasure, at least to me.The true generosity of the fellows doing all this research and testing is really appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +76
    I personally like the lotus, but I have always preferred a slightly more understeering race car!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ad_Schneider

Ad_Schneider

Ratings:
    +20
    Dethrone, this mod is great. Thank you! Does the engine degradation differ from each car?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  7. Rage9one

Rage9one

Ratings:
    +10
    Some screenshots would be nice