F1 1975 HE V1.1

Cars F1 1975 HE V1.1 2017-01-25

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dethrone1427 submitted a new resource:

F1 1975 HE V1.1 - Historic Edition 1975 Mod by Chief Wiggum

You MUST have installed ChiefWiggum's 1975 Mod for this to work.
Working together with ChiefWiggum - The new Historic Edition physics. Updated physics from the LE edition,

* Tyre heat adjustments
* Tyre lateral movement adjustments
* Tyre life adjusted
* Engine adjustments, friction/heat engine life duration
* Minor engine braking adjustments made
* Individual physics for each car -

Engine physics, tyre physics (degradation/life span), aero physics, gearing, even down...

Read more about this resource...

Just a quick question: will this create a new series to go along with LE or will it overwrite LE?

@Dethrone1427

Thanks for your continued work on this.

Had a quick few tests with this the last couple of days and whilst it's great out-of-the-box there's a few tweaks and amendments that could make it more historically accurate.

As-Is, my main criticisms are I'm still struggling to get decent heat into the tyres and the engine seems a bit to eager to blow up on me now! I've had 3 engine blow outs on short test sessions so far.

Comparing your default Brabham setup with references to the exsisting Brabhams in rfactor engined games, whilst most can be matched, there's some differences.. The rFactor 2 and Reiza Brabham (F Retro) share a lot of the same/similar setup values i.e diff settings @ Power:18, Coast:34, Preload: 7; much lower wing adjustment figures (F:4, R:8).

Toe, Camber, Caster, Packers, Tyre Pressures, Weight distribution are identical and the spring rates, bump and rebound and ride heightare within range of each other. Either the same guy did the physics or the data's reliable/the same source. They also both have the mass as 650kg (which is the kerb weight + driver) so I think you may have the cars 60-70kg lighter than they were.

You can adjust most of your default values to get close to that (some things won't adjust to the same values e.g weight distribution and front ride height) but the car will suffer from a lot more understeer compared to Reiza's car which has a more responsive front end and some lift off oversteer, imo..

I also noticed that the cars all seem to share the same gears file (looks the same as the F Retro). There's a handy reference on the rfactor dev blog which sources ratio data for the Hewland FG400 trasmission the Brabham, and alot of the rest of the field uses, which seems slightly different from Reiza's.

I'm probably sounding like a a broken record now, but have you tried using Reiza's engine .ini? Only tested the Brabham of the Cosworths but it seems to lack a bit of poke in the lower ranges. Top speed seems to tally with what I've seen of '275kph+' but the Reiza engines matches that (tops out around 280kph with the default FG400 gearing) but, what I assume is extra torque lower down(?), the back is more prone to kicking out under throttle on corner exit.

The Ferrari engine seems to be a down on max revs too. It should be ~12,000rpm and I've seen the top speed mentioned as ~310kph. It seemed to be more in with the v8s, albeit with more punch out the bends.

I'm only taking this from the internet and what you can find in other games so i'm by no means an expert. I'm happy to send/share anything that may help, though.

However I will say in my defence, I do have a life and full time job outside of AMS, so am doing the best I can with what time I have in the evenings! But thanks for any info...

@Dethrone1427

Thanks for your continued work on this.

Had a quick few tests with this the last couple of days and whilst it's great out-of-the-box there's a few tweaks and amendments that could make it more historically accurate.

As-Is, my main criticisms are I'm still struggling to get decent heat into the tyres and the engine seems a bit to eager to blow up on me now! I've had 3 engine blow outs on short test sessions so far.

Comparing your default Brabham setup with references to the exsisting Brabhams in rfactor engined games, whilst most can be matched, there's some differences.. The rFactor 2 and Reiza Brabham (F Retro) share a lot of the same/similar setup values i.e diff settings @ Power:18, Coast:34, Preload: 7; much lower wing adjustment figures (F:4, R:8).

Toe, Camber, Caster, Packers, Tyre Pressures, Weight distribution are identical and the spring rates, bump and rebound and ride heightare within range of each other. Either the same guy did the physics or the data's reliable/the same source. They also both have the mass as 650kg (which is the kerb weight + driver) so I think you may have the cars 60-70kg lighter than they were.

You can adjust most of your default values to get close to that (some things won't adjust to the same values e.g weight distribution and front ride height) but the car will suffer from a lot more understeer compared to Reiza's car which has a more responsive front end and some lift off oversteer, imo..

I also noticed that the cars all seem to share the same gears file (looks the same as the F Retro). There's a handy reference on the rfactor dev blog which sources ratio data for the Hewland FG400 trasmission the Brabham, and alot of the rest of the field uses, which seems slightly different from Reiza's.

I'm probably sounding like a a broken record now, but have you tried using Reiza's engine .ini? Only tested the Brabham of the Cosworths but it seems to lack a bit of poke in the lower ranges. Top speed seems to tally with what I've seen of '275kph+' but the Reiza engines matches that (tops out around 280kph with the default FG400 gearing) but, what I assume is extra torque lower down(?), the back is more prone to kicking out under throttle on corner exit.

The Ferrari engine seems to be a down on max revs too. It should be ~12,000rpm and I've seen the top speed mentioned as ~310kph. It seemed to be more in with the v8s, albeit with more punch out the bends.

I'm only taking this from the internet and what you can find in other games so i'm by no means an expert. I'm happy to send/share anything that may help, though.
In RE to engine blow outs, don't redline on downshifts or upshifts, and only use top revs in the rev limit range for quali or hot lap purposes.

• Deleted member 130869

A video with an example of the driving would be good as well.

• Deleted member 130869

Mr. Garage :p. That way it would be easier to see what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not tested with the original engine since but it may well of been me turning up to top revs. Engine only blew on the straights and Speilberg and Johannesburg are pretty flat out. More than likely abusing it on downshifts now you've made that backend much more stable on gear chages. :)

As chance would have it Reiza are adding 'new engine wear / blow-up functions' as part of the latest beta build which adds a few lines to the engine .ini

"EngineHyperWearMinRPM= (Min revs to wear the engine EngineHyperWearFactor times faster)
EngineHyperWearFactor=
EngineInstantBlowUp= " (revs at which the engine blows up)

It also looked they halved the lifetime variance value (yours is half that still, for reference).

He tested the engines by driving several laps shifting and not lifting so asked that I edit in some fragility which was added about two weeks ago .

Those new lines added to the engine.ini should help with simulating that. Here's what Renato had to say in the release notes:

"The new engine reliability functions will demand extra care during gear shifts, specially for older engines. Upshifting without lifting in cars without powershift and bouncing off the rev limiter will accelerate engine wear and may eventually lead to failures if practiced over a longer race distance; a very aggressive downshift may lead to an instant blow-up. Engines might still need some fine-tuning so you may found some excessively fragile and others too robust"

Do you have access to the Beta? The engine files are loose in the F Retro folder. Perhaps try pasting in the figures and seeing what you think. You can then tweak them to your preference.

I tested the F Retro at Johannesburg and got 31 laps into a practice session before I shifted down to second too quickly at T1 and blew up :) I've not tested it with the Retro specifically but I know other cars with the new settings will crap out if you abuse them on upshifts.

Those new lines added to the engine.ini should help with simulating that. Here's what Renato had to say in the release notes:

"The new engine reliability functions will demand extra care during gear shifts, specially for older engines. Upshifting without lifting in cars without powershift and bouncing off the rev limiter will accelerate engine wear and may eventually lead to failures if practiced over a longer race distance; a very aggressive downshift may lead to an instant blow-up. Engines might still need some fine-tuning so you may found some excessively fragile and others too robust"

Do you have access to the Beta? The engine files are loose in the F Retro folder. Perhaps try pasting in the figures and seeing what you think. You can then tweak them to your preference.

I tested the F Retro at Johannesburg and got 31 laps into a practice session before I shifted down to second too quickly at T1 and blew up :) I've not tested it with the Retro specifically but I know other cars with the new settings will crap out if you abuse them on upshifts.
Ok, it maybe overkill now. I'm away this weekend but have a look at the engine values when I get home. Thanks for raising the issue, get them all ironed out!! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back