1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Goes Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 19, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Goes Multiplayer

Continue reading the Original Blog Post
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  2. I find it hilarious that I, who never really had much of any passion at all for trucks, now love ETS2 as well as the idea of World Of Trucks :D I can't wait. Simply can't bloody wait!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

TDU 3 :) Truck Drive Unlimited.

Taking into account how many hours I've already spend on the single player events while being online with others on Teamspeak, a world of trucks where you can drive with others on the roads of Europe will be mind blowing fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. InstaBuy now
  5. Jon Turner

Jon Turner
    Premium Member

i might just buy it so i can join a convoy.
  6. I don't quite understand. Is this a new game? Or some sort of a social hub with statistics or something.

in any case, all updates are good updates.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

No this isn't a new game Senad. Right now the game doesn't have challenges where players can compare scores and stats so although there isn't much info to go on let's hope they will implement a multiplayer system where we can meet each other on the roads. Let's just say that all the signs are there and hope that they will get this game into a cult status.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ooooh, exciting news! This is every bit the kind of non-simracing driving game I want to play.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Don't really sure if this is going to be a "real multiplayer", maybe some "Highscore" games and so on. Let's hope for the best.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I also have my doubts ... "World of Trucks's ultimate goal is creating an environment where you - our community - can meet, interact and compete with each other in the expansive trucking world"

Meanwhile a modders team started re-working on MP system but with some restrictions ... AI and mods will be deactivated cause they say its impossible to synchronize them ...

Im having a lot of fun driving around in offline mod so i imagine how good it will be to drive in MP:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. i really hope the muiltiplayer side of things actually means, we get to drive together!

also i wonder if it's going to be a dedicated server for the whole game or we can individually host our servers? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Club Racing Events ?

• Like Like x 5
  13. I cannot see scs mentioning multiplayer anywhere in their release - it seems to have been assumed by many people but where do they actually say or imply it? I hope I'm wrong, but I think many people may be disappointed when the update appears :cautious:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Indeed, no 'multiplayer' mentioned anywhere. And adding TDU style multiplayer to a game that doesn't have any would be a lot more than just 'slightly extending [the game's] functionality'.

I predict a social hub or something, statistics, comparisons with other drivers. Perhaps buying and selling user modified trucks.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rob Gray

Rob Gray
    Premium Member

Holy Crap this is awesome :) I was chatting about to the dev team about 6 months ago, saying how cool it would be to have this... :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce
    Premium Member

lol Dave I hope you don't have access to a real truck :roflmao:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Multiplayer ? I would prefer a more realistisk truck driving experience than have a multiplayer option, because right now there is too many ways by mods to cheat to a good result...
    For me it is all about driving like it is in the real world and to be able to drive all over the world...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hawaiian Guy

Hawaiian Guy
    Banned on request @Simberia

Hahaha me too i love this game so much fun.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Dat crash at the end