Euro Truck Simulator 2 Goes Multiplayer

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Goes Multiplayer

SCS Software have announced yet another update to their popular Euro Truck Simulator 2 game bringing an online multiplayer world to the PC game called World of Trucks.

Euro Truck Simulator was voted 3rd popular game at RaceDepartment Awards last year and still has a growing following of players. One returning question that was always very visible on the forums was: why doesn't...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish i could but i have to find out how to actually play multiplayer without creating a new profile
I downloaded a profile from the internet to take no risks to loose something on my main profile. Then you can just go online and buy the truck you normally have, and join a nice group!

I was just about to post a video and ask if it's legit. But then coming here and see this title.
So that answers my question :laugh:

So, has anyone played recently? I ask because I removed ETS2 a few months back, but if this is live and works very well, I'm gonna have to re-install it.

Maybe we can gather some players from RD and do a few deliveries? :)

I was just about to post a video and ask if it's legit. But then coming here and see this title.
So that answers my question :laugh:

So, has anyone played recently? I ask because I removed ETS2 a few months back, but if this is live and works very well, I'm gonna have to re-install it.

Maybe we can gather some players from RD and do a few deliveries? :)

Taking over a month to respond, but I have played it a few times with a friend here. It is nice to drive. Do not tailgate too much though as it is sometimes a bit laggy (but with a 10k player limit, what do you expect)

Cities are non-collision zones where you can not crash into anybody (walls and signs still destroy your trucks) which is very very usefull on the busy company terrains with 3 trucks trying to park their trailers (there is no quick park function ;))
People mostly drive with speed limiter disabled and can sometimes be a pain in the ass by suddenly ramming. But there are a lot of enthusiasts as well sounding the horn when you pass them on highways and such.

There is no AI traffic because ethat is a pain in the ass to sync (lots of data for server to send to all the players).
Chat is only available within 600 meters from each other, you are simply disconnected from and not loading drivers further away.

Technically it's all resolved in a nice fashion - as Ricardo described earlier - busy cities are non collision zones, and therefore very safe despite the unexperienced drivers. Lags aren't awful, but sometimes come lorries can jump a bit unexpectedly.

Because there's no AI traffic roads are empty, making the deliveries somewhat less interesting as there's no real need to look in your mirrors when changing lanes.

Most of the drivers know what they are doing and are careful, but there's still a fraction of total bastards whose main excitement from the game comes from ramming other drivers or going for head-on collisions.

I gave this mod a couple of attempts, but every time there was somebody who deliberately rammed into me, once on a motorway head-on (luckily not far from completing the job) which repairs costed me over £30k. Until the mod devs won't fix that I'm not touching it again.

Maybe I was unlucky, but it happened twice to me - ruining all the fun I had before. Otherwise an epic mod!

Technically it's all resolved in a nice fashion - as Ricardo described earlier - busy cities are non collision zones, and therefore very safe despite the unexperienced drivers. Lags aren't awful, but sometimes come lorries can jump a bit unexpectedly.

Because there's no AI traffic roads are empty, making the deliveries somewhat less interesting as there's no real need to look in your mirrors when changing lanes.

Most of the drivers know what they are doing and are careful, but there's still a fraction of total bastards whose main excitement from the game comes from ramming other drivers or going for head-on collisions.

I gave this mod a couple of attempts, but every time there was somebody who deliberately rammed into me, once on a motorway head-on (luckily not far from completing the job) which repairs costed me over £30k. Until the mod devs won't fix that I'm not touching it again.

Maybe I was unlucky, but it happened twice to me - ruining all the fun I had before. Otherwise an epic mod!
I simply cheat back my cash when such thing happens (praise the power of cheat engine) Although it has not happened you should /report the player who will then receive a warning/kick. Multiple reports on the same player will grant them a timeban

On the face of it, who would ever think that driving (and nothing more than that) could ever be the bases for a PC game? Yeah, that's what I thought until I tried it. Now, OMG I am hooked. A few nights ago, I was up until the wee hours of the morning listening to the in-game radio stations and driving a gigantic Peterbuilt truck hauling construction equipment through France, and I happy doing it!

It's a fantastic game (or rather... SIM) Who would of thunk!

I know this will sound stupid, but how do start a multiplayer session with ETS2? Do I need to download a multiplayer patch or what.

FYI: I don't use executable download files from ETS2 mod sights. Many downloads from the mod sites with executables contain malware. At least, this has been my experience so, if the file relies on a .exe to install, I simply do not use it.

I know this will sound stupid, but how do start a multiplayer session with ETS2? Do I need to download a multiplayer patch or what.

FYI: I don't use executable download files from ETS2 mod sights. Many downloads from the mod sites with executables contain malware. At least, this has been my experience so, if the file relies on a .exe to install, I simply do not use it.
then you cant do multiplayer then ok.

is there any tutorial that you guys can recomend me to see how i can go online in ETS2?
sorry if this was already posted but i was a bit lazy to scroll through the pevious coments :redface:

You'll have to download the mod (see the previous post above) and just follow what is mentioned. You can't have other mods when you want to go online, so if necessary create a new profile. You'll have to play OFFLINE with the new profile until you have your own truck, because the mod doesn't work well without.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back