Error importing SketchUp object into BTB XPacker

I am building a 15km street course through the streets of Buenos Aires, Argentina for which i need a lot of specially designed buildings that I found already built in SketchUp, in the Google 3D archives.

I tried downloading the *.kmz files, renaming the extension to *.zip, extracting the folders and importing the *.dae file into BTB's XPacker, and also downloading the Collada *.dae file directly from Google and importing into the XPacker.
Both ways I get this error from the XPacker:

TODO: mesh parts have different vertex buffer definition

If someone can please explain what this means and how to fix it so i can import them into BTB. Without these buildings there's no sense in building the track :boohoo:

Thank you

I was afraid that this would be the answer. Thanks a lot.
i'll try to see if I can make the buildings myself with a simpler mesh structure.

-First of all, get rid of those columns, and replace them with a single face with an alpha or chroma map on it
-Get rid of all the "internal faces", and check if you have the opportunity, if the faces are facing correctly
-Try to import again in x packer

...see if that helps.

Thanx for all the advice.
I downloaded SketchUp 6, edited the building and managed to get it into BTB through the XPack with no problem, it doesn't even take much CPU memory at all.
I deleted all of the unnecessary faces, like the interior, rooftop, and all other parts that won't be visible in the game. Haven't tried exporting to rFactor yet.

The only problem I still have is that the textures that have transparent backgrounds in SketchUp appear with a white background in BTB. :(

The only problem I still have is that the textures that have transparent backgrounds in SketchUp appear with a white background in BTB. :(

1. the texture must be in dds format
2. It must have an Alpha channel
3. It must be saved as DXT3 or DXT5
4. In BTB set Chroma for simple transparency (black color); or set Alpha for multiple transparency

...see if that helps...

Xpacker is generated an error though it tried to export the collada file with sketchup, and to do the import with Xpacker.
The texture is made the size of the multiple of all two.
Are there any solutions?

Please forgive unnatural English.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 269
  • pit_mannanka.zip
    71.2 KB · Views: 166
  • skpfile.zip
    106.9 KB · Views: 141
Save as Sketchup6 and export as kmz, then rename .kmz to .zip, unpack the zip and import object into xpack. Then remember to replace textures from Sketchup with your dds.
Looks like the collada format from S7 does not work properly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back