Servername: RD GTL ENDURO
Class: Mixed Class
Vehicles: Jaguar MkII / Abarth 1000TC / Lotus Elite / TVR Grantura
Track: Magny Cours GP (default)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 40 min
Qualification: 20 mins (no lap limit)
Race: 45 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: 2 x tyre wear & 2 x fuel usage will be used.
Note3: Default skins only for the Grantura (Blue & Green TVRs are the best match. The White TVR is too slow). Please also install the TC65 & GTC65 skinpacks.
Note4: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note5: Please go HERE for Warren's patented GTL Pitstop Guide. As we're 2x fuel & 2x tyres, I reckon that most of us will need a couple of stops at least.

Geez it's been awhile since I've run a race anywhere, even more so in GTL, so I'd love to join this. 16th of December, I reckon I'd be close to due a day off, for a long weekend...

Which one do ya reckon I'd be best for some opposite lock slidin' Mr Thomson?

At this stage, until I can confirm that I have the day off, I'll maybe it up. Should be ok though.

Actually, only the Grantura can do a 1 stopper by my calcs, but as Dmytro said, virtually every single overrev or too early downshift costs you a % of engine health.

So that is definitely the choice for the "tiptoe round / nurse it home" tactic.

Glenn - that's really not you :D

Yes mate. :good:

I mean, you've driven the others, there's a Bundy Abarth & Elite in the packs, sliding the Jaaaaaag will probably rips the tyres to shreds on 2x tyre wear anyway, so familiarity might be the way to go for you.

I trust Warren to be kind to the old girl's feelings - you... not so much.

I suppose I should know this but:

Is it possible to run a practice session off-line using 2x Tyre wear so I can get an idea of just how many sets of tyres the Jaaaaaag will chew up?
I see a couple of lines in the .plr file which may do it, but I don't know if they would work.

I already have put in an order for a Jumbo jet load of fuel, I'll be visiting the pit crew lots. :rolleyes:

When I test it out, I set up a dedicated server with the settings on my own pc, don't publish it to the lobby, and then connect via "LAN".

That way there's no mucking about with plr files (and knowing me, forgetting to change them back again)

When I test it out, I set up a dedicated server with the settings on my own pc, don't publish it to the lobby, and then connect via "LAN".

That way there's no mucking about with plr files (and knowing me, forgetting to change them back again)

Thanks heaps Stu, I tested it last night and this works like a charm. :thumb:
I learned something new again. :)

I also found out that the Jaaaaaag consumes tyres even faster than it drinks fuel. :eek::eek::eek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back