Editing skin's RCD file | Can you edit ai skill?

Hi everyone, so i've been tinkering with stuff on rfactor 2 and i've been trying to figure out a way to "bop" some cars for my offline ai races. The end goal is to have an IMSA/WEC grid with GT3's depending on the track (for the IMSA racetracks). Using this useful post, i was able to figure out how to re-class my downloaded skins to the appropriate category (my own category called WEC 2018) and opponent selection group. that all works dandy. Now, what i'm trying to do is edit the ai talents for certain cars like the s397 M8 GTE, where they are consistently a second quicker than the vettes and 911s. I tried using the "AI edit" button in the game's menu but all the parameters (like speed and wet speed) seem to be a blanket controller over all skin AIs.

Picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n8D1YbJ0IyUW2zbncA9FZEx9euot2sCG/view

If i go to edit another ai by clicking on the car and then clicking "ai edit" it shows me the same settings as what i did before to the other car. So it's useless. It also resets everytime the game boots up.

So, what i am attempting to do is add those lines of code to the skin .rcd files under player/settings/vehiclename. i followed the same code style that's in another (good quality) mod's rcd files that are inside the talent .mas / veh stuff and it looks like this for my skins.

Picture Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XMPV_oUBVSqsmHlbKaPxik_fH-byuVCo/view

So anyways, this doesn't appear to be working as i've tested it multiple times to see if it would make a difference. by default, their ai edit levels are all at 0% but i added those lines in the picture to all 4 911's to see if they would be drastically faster than the others (or even make a difference really) but i couldn't notice a difference at all. I realize that i can edit the talent files by going into the installed .mas stuff and repacking and installing the components but i'd rather not do this for the first party content that surely will be updated in the future. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. am i missing something in my code. Thanks in advance.

In Options, Plugins/Difficulty, set AI Limiter to 0 (or no more than 1; believe you can put fractional values if you edit the PLR file). The AI Limiter adjusts an oscillator that lets the AI surge and fall back that reflects the driver's concentration. Higher values mean that the cycle variation will swamp the talent files.

The AI edit button is per driver. Speed=100 has about a 2 second per minute laptime over Speed=0. Aggression is a % multiplier of the overall AI Aggression setting.

Been awhile since I tinkered with the AI edit button, but it didn't reset after rebooting, so I suspect you're not understanding something in that regard.

well, for some reason after taking a fresh look at it this afternoon (and making a bunch of small cleanups in the .rcd code, the ai edit values seem to be sticking and loading properly. i have absolutely no idea what fixed it :O_o::O_o::O_o: Going to do further tests with changing the values to see if they make the intended difference.

well, for some reason after taking a fresh look at it this afternoon (and making a bunch of small cleanups in the .rcd code, the ai edit values seem to be sticking and loading properly. i have absolutely no idea what fixed it :O_o::O_o::O_o: Going to do further tests with changing the values to see if they make the intended difference.
I think switching tracks (and loading the) does the trick.

I think switching tracks (and loading the) does the trick.
Unfortunately it didn't. That was one of the first things i tried. So what i ended up doing was just removing the .RCD code lines for Classes and Category, since i determined that those lines were causing the 0% ai with blanket values (all ai edits were 0% and would be the same for every car if you changed it). So, in order me to run my exact custom IMSA field, i'm just adding them during the race weekend (which i totally forgot you could do :notworthy:). This works really well since the AI edit talent values are sticking and i can BOP properly now. Onto some close racing!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.