Custom Grid for offline championship.

Hi guys.

Have to say i'm loving RFactor2 at the moment, especially since the GT3 Pack £14 well spent!

I want to make a custom grid for an offline championship using the GT3 and skins I have made for the cars. What I want is:
• Remove all the Worlds fastest gamer Mclarens
• Make c. 2-3 new teams with new skins for each car
• Group them all together in one class

2 questions then. Is this possible and if so how do I do it?

Thanks,
Vern

Yes,

Don't know if you are familiar with "addon AI's"?

Create a duplicate of the excisting ones, and give them a propper driver name. So you can change Test Driver...

The Addon AI is an .rcd file with a folder containing the .dds skin files.

You can add as many as you want and change the .dds files. Give them AI talents if you want spefic AI to be faster or slower.

Group them all together in one class

This is an hidden feature but you can add an AI class manually in the the .rcd files.
So you can create classes for AI and a new Category for selecting your car.

You'll need to add the lines in the .rcd file: For example:
Classes=GT3_PACK
Category=GT3_PACK, GT3 Callaway

Just a quick thingy to get you started: Unzip and put it in the UserData/Player/Settings folder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k94k2x1hzwbcr79/GT3 Skinpack.7z?dl=0
You'll find the cars in "GT3 Pack in the car list and "GT3 PACK" as AI class

Last edited:
Yes,

Don't know if you are familiar with "addon AI's"?

Create a duplicate of the excisting ones, and give them a propper driver name. So you can change Test Driver...

The Addon AI is an .rcd file with a folder containing the .dds skin files.

You can add as many as you want and change the .dds files. Give them AI talents if you want spefic AI to be faster or slower.

This is an hidden feature but you can add an AI class manually in the the .rcd files.
So you can create classes for AI and a new Category for selecting your car.

You'll need to add the lines in the .rcd file: For example:
Classes=MY_GT3_PACK
Category=MY_GT3_PACK, GT3 Callaway

Just a quick thingy to get you started: Unzip and put it in the UserData/Player/Settings folder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k94k2x1hzwbcr79/GT3 Skinpack.7z?dl=0
You'll find the cars in "My GT3 Pack in the car list and "MY GT3 PACK" as AI class
You sir are a legend.

And how about removing the Fastest gamer McLarens? Can that be done by changing the class?

removing the Fastest gamer McLarens?
Don't add them to your Skin pack. ;)

.RCD looks like this.

{
Jeff Baltimore //Skin folder and driver name (needs to be unique, No doubles
{
Team = Callaway Competition
Component = Callaway_C7-GT3-R_2017
Skin = alt.dds //Skin file
VehFile = CALLAWAY_C7_77.VEH //reference car
Description = Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R #2
Number = 2

Classes=MY_GT3_PACK //Opponent selection class
Category=MY_GT3_PACK, GT3 Callaway //Car selection
}
}

Nothing is holding you back to create addon AI from other GT3 mods and add them in your skin pack.
Or add LMP's or wathever you want.

- No packaging required !!!
- If the base mod gets updated, your skin pack gets updated. No packing or repacking.

20171019190438_1.jpg

20171019190459_1.jpg

.RCD looks like this.

{
{
Number = 2

}
}

Nothing is holding you back to create addon AI from other GT3 mods and add them in your skin pack.

- If the base mod gets updated, your skin pack gets updated. No packing or repacking.

View attachment 217402

View attachment 217403
Would you do me the honor of marrying me?

Would you do me the honor of marrying me?

No, :D

But i've updated the link above. Just unzip and overwrite the files.
All GT3 cars default skins (no WFG skins) can be found in "GT3 Pack".

Now you can add more if you like.
If you find a skin for one of the cars here on the RD download section, you can easly add them to your skin pack. Just copy past an existing one and change the driver name and folder, car number etc... in the .rcd...

Have fun.

If you find a skin for one of the cars here on the RD download section, you can easly add them to your skin pack. Just copy past an existing one and change the driver name and folder, car number etc... in the .rcd...

Have fun.
Amazing thanks!

One more question if you don't mind. I have started tinkering with other cars from other mods. For example I have added the Aston Martin for the EnduRacers GT mod. Problem is it's miles quicker than everything else. Is there any way of slowing it down a bit? I have tried the Edit AI option but it still seems to be way to quick.

Thanks,
Steve

Have fun.
Thanks for sharing chap, just got around to trying it out, much appreciated

Hi Gijs! I downloaded your GT3 Pack, it's works great but when I select Camaro to drive, there are only Camaros shows as opponent, no others gt3 cars. I can't understand what is wrong those Camaros .rcd files. Can You help me ?

Yes, i noticed that too. Tbh: i don’t understand why!?! It does this with this car and not with the others...

If you select the Camaro in the GT3 pack: you’ll need to uncheck it in the opponent list and check the GT3 pack.

To be continued...

.RCD looks like this.

{
{
Number = 2

}
}

View attachment 217402

View attachment 217403

Thanks!
I've managed to create new drivers and do races with more than one Bentley, Vettle, etc, but this is great! I'm going to make my own class as you explained, one click and all the desired cars will be added.

Hi,

I have been doing this with other cars, but when with the S397 GT3 pack, the "Create" button in the tunnign screen is greied out. Does someone knows why?

Thanks.

The same thing has been happening to me with the Endurance pack. I didn't bother to ask around since I found a workaround but at least I know I'm not alone. Don't know the answer yet.

What I've done is just download any Racedepartment skin from the downloads section and paste it in the Settings folder. That will create your virtual driver and you can then change the skin with yours or modify the rcd file.

I hope this is easy enough for a complete novice! I really just want to make a grid I can select anytime I change car! 2 or 3 of each car from GTE, GT3, LMP, but anytime I change car it's all reset and there are 6 of one and none of others :(

@2stains You Need to make an rcfm mod. There should be a tutorial on the S397 forum. Somebody else was asking the same question. Once you have created that mod, you can load only those cars, so put the exact number of cars you need inside the rcfm(I hope I got those initials correct, I'm ALWAYS mucking those up.)
Do you have a link to that tutorial at all ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%