Dynamic Music Player

Apps Dynamic Music Player 2.0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Idk but I can really hear the music volume lowering whenever the cars start going really fast, almost as if the music is getting drowned out by the wind/engine noise, is it normal?

Idk but I can really hear the music volume lowering whenever the cars start going really fast, almost as if the music is getting drowned out by the wind/engine noise, is it normal?
Proximity check range increases with speed to make you aware of cars further away. So it may be it. What it could also be is that your game Master volume might be maxed out and the system is lowering volume of everything to not clip the sound. I've noticed one problem with high aero low height cars on bumpy tracks that the crash effect also kicks in a little since the car "crashes" into the ground. Might need to find solution to that but it's not a big deal.

Proximity check range increases with speed to make you aware of cars further away. So it may be it. What it could also be is that your game Master volume might be maxed out and the system is lowering volume of everything to not clip the sound. I've noticed one problem with high aero low height cars on bumpy tracks that the crash effect also kicks in a little since the car "crashes" into the ground. Might need to find solution to that but it's not a big deal.
Don't think it has to do with proximity check since I'm currently only playing in practice mode... So I guess I really have to lower engine and wind noise to keep the music from getting too low... The thing is inner sounds are already more muffled than external sounds, so on cockpit cams the cars volume really gets low. Bummer

obraz_2023-12-26_182541882.png
:cautious:
On-Screen track title widget incoming in 1.0!
Gonna include options to turn the icon on and off, and to adjust text size.

Any chance you could divide the waiting playlist into two categories? One for waiting in the pit boxes and one for waiting in the track itself

Last edited:
Any chance you could divide the waiting playlist into two categories? One for waiting in the pit boxes and one for waiting in the track itself
I will think about it, though I'd rather not add even more playlists than we have now. I'm not sure if being in setup menu but outside of pits (basically pre race) counts as being in pits or not too. Hmmm.

Disabling idle playlist and teleporting to pits keeps skipping all tracks... Pls fix?

Also, what about an option to make idling playlist play only when in pits?

Disabling idle playlist and teleporting to pits keeps skipping all tracks... Pls fix?

Also, what about an option to make idling playlist play only when in pits?
Nice bug catch! :D
Will fix for 1.1 (alongside a few extra changes)
About the "idle only in pits" option, can do that too. Should be very easy. The only issue i can think of is that it then won't play idle music when you're on the grid before the start of the race, but that could be fixed by adding check if time to session start is positive or not (positive means it's on the countdown to start)

Edit: All done, update incoming!

Last edited:
Damgam updated Dynamic Music Player with a new update entry:

1.1.0 - Fixes and a few new options.

- Reworked Crash effect. It now kicks in to full volume fadeout if you crash into standing still. Also skips the track to the next one. Small taps/scratches will still drop the volume slightly.
- Fixed music switching non-stop in pits when idle playlist is disabled.
- Added new option to disable waiting/idle music when you stop moving outside of pits
- Added new option to toggle the new track skip behaviour on crashing.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice bug catch! :D
Will fix for 1.1 (alongside a few extra changes)
About the "idle only in pits" option, can do that too. Should be very easy. The only issue i can think of is that it then won't play idle music when you're on the grid before the start of the race, but that could be fixed by adding check if time to session start is positive or not (positive means it's on the countdown to start)

Edit: All done, update incoming!
Thank you so much!!!

I have another suggestion, very minor, but interesting nonetheless: Could you make and option for the "Now playing" app to appear only when starting a new song? It's a great thing, but it takes up screen space when it's used, I think just a little fade in, 7-10s showing, then fade out would suffice. Just a suggestion.

10/10 app, I have over 200 tracks on this already haha

Thank you so much!!!

I have another suggestion, very minor, but interesting nonetheless: Could you make and option for the "Now playing" app to appear only when starting a new song? It's a great thing, but it takes up screen space when it's used, I think just a little fade in, 7-10s showing, then fade out would suffice. Just a suggestion.

10/10 app, I have over 200 tracks on this already haha
I'd have to check if opacity is an option for the text and the image. If it is, easy. Might queue that for 1.2 :p

Damgam updated Dynamic Music Player with a new update entry:

- Fixed rare case that would prevent tracks from switching early and make you stuck with no music for a while. (Not a bug with my app, but i've set up a workaround)
- Added new options for Now Playing widget: Animated icon (Default Enabled) and Fadeout after X seconds (Time is configurable, Default Disabled)
- Switched font from default to Poppins-Medium for much better text readability.

Read the rest of this update entry...

For some reason I can't get the app to work. I'm pretty sure I've installed it correctly, but I can't find its settings anywhere, neither in CM nor in-game. I see it in the "Lua Apps" tab but there's only a description there.
It's the first lua app I've installed so maybe there's something obvious I'm missing. :(

For some reason I can't get the app to work. I'm pretty sure I've installed it correctly, but I can't find its settings anywhere, neither in CM nor in-game. I see it in the "Lua Apps" tab but there's only a description there.
It's the first lua app I've installed so maybe there's something obvious I'm missing. :(
All settings are done via Ingame app, i have no idea if you can even do Lua app settings in CM. No clue what you might've done wrong though :/

Make sure you run the required Custom Shaders Patch version, and make sure path to the lua file is as follows: assettocorsa\apps\lua\DynamicMusicPlayer\DynamicMusicPlayer.lua

obraz_2024-01-17_233209989.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes