AC DTM @ Spa - Tuesday 28th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Can someone guide me into the right direction regarding Alfa setup? :)
First things to setup are the tyre compound and the tyre pressure.
Open the Kunos tyre app, do 3 laps and check the color of both the tyres and pressure values. They have to stay green as much as possible, because green means their optimal operative range, so better grip.
Once these two basic things have been adjusted, I suggest to just do practice without touching anything else apart the wings and gear ratios. Only when you get consistent lap times during 20 mins stints, it may be worth to search some more tenths tweaking suspensions, ARB, camber, dampers, etc.
I said tenths, not seconds. These are touring cars, not formula cars, so do not expect huge improvements from setup adjustments.
Consider also that in a 40' race, the stability of the car when the tyres are worn at the end, may be more important that the pure hotlap performance.

I would like to take part but, as absolutely rookie, I suppose this is not the race for me.
Correct? I wouldn't like to be a problem for other drivers.

I would like to take part but, as absolutely rookie, I suppose this is not the race for me.
Hi Claudio, welcome in the AC Racing Club.
These are just Club Races, we organize these races just for fun, to enjoy and relax.
Our club races are open to all and intended to provide fun for all, no matter what is the driving skill. There's no better opportunity to start online racing than our Club races, and there's no better chance to improve the driving skills than racing with other human drivers.
Eventually, the worst thing that can happen is that you'll become a better driver at the end of the race.
Do not refrain yourself and hurry up signing to the race!

Not correct. Feel free to join us buddy! The great thing about the RD club races is that your skill level and experience don't matter at all. Everyone is welcome, and you'll probably learn a lot from the aliens among us. ;)

Edit: :ninja:'d as usual... :p

Thank you so much guys, then I join!
Of course, as Italian, I cannot choose nothing else than an Alfa!
Anyway, I live in Germany, but my italian heart beats still a lot.

I usually don't like to race if i'm not able to work properly on my setup, but these cars gave me some of the best close races i've ever had... So count me in with the alfa.

Which changes are mandatory in this mandatory stop?

I never pitted in AC - do I have to brake to pit speed before the entry line or can I drive flat in and let the limiter brake?

I usually don't like to race if i'm not able to work properly on my setup, but these cars gave me some of the best close races i've ever had... So count me in with the alfa.
Added.
As I said, unlike formula cars, the setup for these touring car is not fundamental.

Which changes are mandatory in this mandatory stop?

I never pitted in AC - do I have to brake to pit speed before the entry line or can I drive flat in and let the limiter brake?
It's mandatory to pit, but it's free to chose what to change.
In a track like Spa you can't do that trick of kamikaze pit entry, but yes, as gentlemen agreement we ask our drivers to enter the pit lane with the car already at 80 km/h.
Anyway Reik, are you in? Only 2 slots free....

Added.
As I said, unlike formula cars, the setup for these touring car is not fundamental.
I know but i always race to win. Every fraction of a second is important and from what i've seen on rsr you are quite fast so the race won't be easy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back