Cars DTM 2018 from UnitedRacingDesign

Nah, might be interesting to see on a Formula One car as well at some point ;)
I tried it last year with the steering wheel, so know it works very well the concept,
issue was with what I was doing there was 0 space left to add a second wheel, or interior triangle wise,
but does work and would make the car more unique,
there would be some LOD to do also as well, the settings to make everything work maybe take 15 minutes, ingame settings and LOD take some time, not sure how it looks the content,
some racing dashboards very detailed, some not so much, so just depends on how high the details are to consider doing it the extra features. cool though non the less. :)

That would be best if some good drivers answer you. Im not one of them as i dont play atm except testing wich dont include physics mostly. I will ping our physics guy if he has infos about that.
Great - thx so far!
Where are our good drivers with some proper experience on that? :)

Last edited:
Hi folks (@alless )
I am enjoying this mod quite a lot, racing it in a community league actually - kudos to URD! :)

However I am still trying to understand the tyres better. What temps (for the DTM 2018 mod) they need for the best grip level? And a more general question about tyres in AC: What is more important - equal (hot)temps or (hot)pressures?

Thx a lot in advance!:thumbsup:
There is no such thing as hot pressure. It can only be in the range from low to high. But it is connected with tire temp, hotter tire gets, that means hotter air inside the tire, more pressure will be inside the tire as well. As goes for best performance, keep the tire temp in green, thats predefined temp according to what manufacturers say about each compound. Softer the compound narrower is the green window.

Last edited:
I have a T300 base, did a 30 min race with the DTM 2018, after the 2 lap on the straights the base/wheel vibrated too much. On practise/qualify happenned the same thing. Is this normal? This is very annoying and very distracting. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

The lights on LODs still don't work: no headlights, no brake lights, no rear lights.

Please please, does someone know if there's a fix for this? I love this mod (amazing physics!), but the no-lights-on-LODs is a real pity, drags the quality of the whole mod down. (and this is a paid mod... I could say more about this but will stop here)

Hi! Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a 3D Template so I could see the product of a skin without having to go through the trouble of getting the skin in game to check if i'm painting the correct spots?
It would really help if I could just make any change to the skin and go to the 3D model on photoshop to see qujickly where I'm painting.

A few other cars for AC have stuff like that that's why I am asking.

Hi! Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a 3D Template so I could see the product of a skin without having to go through the trouble of getting the skin in game to check if i'm painting the correct spots?
It would really help if I could just make any change to the skin and go to the 3D model on photoshop to see qujickly where I'm painting.

A few other cars for AC have stuff like that that's why I am asking.

You can do this with any car if you use the CM showroom in Content Manager - press alt + h or there's a button on the gui. Then either create a new livery or overwrite an existing one and you're set

I hope we'll still see the DTM 2018 release patched with wipers and added missing lights emissive objects for LODCs, as they disappear too soon. Even on a grid during day + sunny weather it'll be noticeable that cars a few rows in front aren't showing brakes on like the closer ones (same for Shiro JT5).

A few extra stuff to report:

urd_0.png
- The Bayro has a missing poly smoothing issue at the base of the rollcage to the left, can be seen from cockpit view

urd_a0.pngurd_a1.png
- The Aura _LR interior has a driver plate that is out of place, and shows only seen from front (can be noticed on replays)

urd_a2.pngurd_m0.png
- Broken front plates for LODBs on the Aura and Maures which are noticeable on mirrors (set to non hq) and in replays

Thanks for looking into this!

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't hurt to report that stuff to creators on a paid mod. Either for URD to decide to fix or not, and for future buyers to know.
Yes, absolutely.
It has to be pointed out. No buyer is going to expect a paymod to be so unfinished. I like this mod to some extent (physics are very pleasing) but I'm not using it ever really because every single other car I have has properly working lights so I tend to choose to drive anything else.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea