Driving Force GT in GSC

I just bought GSC today and i am loving it. At first it seemed like just a rFactor mod, but their is a lot of depth to this. Was really worth the money. :D

I have a question though. Can anyone recommend me the best settings for a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel in GSC, or any of the gmotor2 based racing titles period actually. Ive been having issues getting things to feel right and none of them ever come with presets for this wheel.

Thanks for any help! :D

When I go first on track, I have to sometimes alt + tab to windows and back for my wheel to go to the prefered / profiled steering settings (about 500 degrees) if I don't do that, it stays in 900 degrees.

Now, I had this issue in middle of a club online race :thumbsdown: .. and it was a difficult problem.

Is it a issue with this wheel or with the logitech profiler?
Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:
I have a similar thing with my G27. Before I start GSC I must open the profiler, go to the 'specific changes' tab and click ok. I don't make any changes but if I don't go to the tab my 400 degree profile does not take effect. I think it is a profiler problem & I have just resigned myself to doing this each time but if anyone else has any suggestions it would be good to solve it :)
I must say, it's about time Logitech looked at their software and made sure it was properly up to date for Win7 & Win8.

OK good to know that someone else has this too :rolleyes:
Yeah it seems to be a profiler thing. Really, I don't mind alt+tabing before or in the practice session, but to to do it in the middle of race is the bad thing! I have to remind myself to do the procedure when starting all the sessions and hope for the best :cool:

Hey, I have similar issues with my DFGT. I also have to alt-tab out of the game to get my steering angle like I set it in the profiler. From time to time, the angle resets to 180°, which is quite annoying in a race. :roflmao: When I alt-tab out and in again, everything is normal again. I also think, that this occurs only once. I thought that this issue is caused by a "bad" usb-port, haven't changed it yet.

OK. I changed the usb port now and will test it in tonights races. ( don't think it will be the issue though.)

edit: no issues tonight (exept my own mistakes ;) ) .. maybe it is the usb port.. lets see what happens in the future.

Last edited:
Win7 64 here too.

Its in a different usb port and I alt+tab to desktop and back at the start of almost every session and so far it has been okay. I think the usb port change worked for me.. hard to say.

I dont want to test without alt+tab in online racing and thats what i have been doing 98% :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, didn't know about the global settings. I just tested it with the global steering range at 540° for nearly an hour and all looked good. After starting the game I hadn't have to alt-tab out of the game to get the steering angle which was set in the profiler, so I'm optimistic that this solves the issue :)

ok, i think this solves it. but does the profiler reset to the global settings when this is happening? So that creates an issue, where all the other settings go to the global too?

I created a specific profile for each sim.
Since the problem only happens in GSCE, I set the global configuration with the same parameters of the GSCE profile and use the specific profile to run this sim. To run another, I select the respective profile related.
As I said, it solved my problem, but not sure I fit all.

Not true!

50% is linear, gives you the most control over the beginning, middle, and end of the pedal movement.

0% is very non linear. You control about 25% throttle with 75% pedal travel, meaning that the last 25% of pedal travel controls 75% throttle!

If you have a rubber block or something similar in your brake pedal, but the brake pedal uses a potentiometer, then it makes sense to adjust brake sensitivity down, perhaps even to 0%. Otherwise all axis must have 50% sensitivity for the best results.
niels bringing the knowledge again. had no idea about this, will give it a try. thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back