Driving footwear

Hi, I guess this is the right place to ask about this.

Ever since I got my CSPs, I've been trying to find what to wear on my feet to be comfortable and still have good control on the pedals. So far:

-Socks: It's a no. I just can't get comfortable with just socks, and they tend to slide on the pedals.
-Normal shoes: Too cumbersome. I've even managed to do Left Foot Accelerating while trying to brake. Also, I have absolutely no feeling of wheter I'm pressing the pedal or not until it's too much.
-Football shoes: They are thinner, which helped a lot, and I get some feeling from the pedals. Still, in the position I keep my feet they end hurting my ankles (they are a bit too tight even if I try to get them as loose as possible).
-Shoes without socks: This one backfired, was worse than with socks.

So, I've been toying with the idea of ordering a pair of simBOOTs, but I don't really know about them. They don't seem too expensive, and they do look comfortable enough. But I would like to ask for opinions about them, or alternatives that are available in Europe. I'd just like something that lets me feel the pressure on the pedal, and is comfortable.

Thanks a lot.

You know Puma also make a range of footware as well.......

Motorsport Speed Cat SD Trainers

pisa2
If the discussion/interest is still alive in this thread (well, I found it as I needed the footwear) - these speed cats are indeed brilliant, it addressed my "sore heal after balancing it over brake pedal" issue and a developing hard skinn due to pedal'so shape/edge, so having found s pair on eBay cheap, I'm very happy and can't drive any longer without

Upvote 0
Bare feet is nice if you have soft enough pedals and don´t need extra stability or protection from the pedal plates.

I have some ninja shoes which solved the protection from the plates but they didn´t have enough stability for the long run with my HE Sim Ultimates. You start rearrange bones in your feet after a while ;). I have some racing inspired shoes one set is actually from Sparco but it´s just design I believe. Quite but not super thin sole and quite hard. Will try some OMP KS-1s Gokart shoes hope they are not to hot. Gokart because these don´t have to be flame proof ;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back