Resource icon

Cameras Drivers Eye Cockpit Cameras 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I shouldn't of said anything......

Its the way you said it. Tophercheese isn't shy to a criticism or two if its worthy feedback.Your essentially giving him grief for himself possibly being in undated with requests. Surely that's for Topher to worry about not you?

I see after reading more that you two are on good terms :)

All I wanted to do was edit the positioning of the drivers head. I don't know how to implement all those look to apex, and momentum effects that you put in.

IIRC you just amend the relevant controller 'actionmap' file to add the steering wheel x-axis as the 'look left/right' controls. Then you alter the saturation for the amount of left/right movement to taste.
Mapping the look up/down to your accelerator and brake controls and playing with saturation does the other stuff.
You cant do this in-game because it only alows you to map a single function to each control option.

Deja vu Paul?

We should have pasted our thread from last year.

I am going to do this later ...... when I get the chance. This forum is keeping me away from the game :)

Deja vu Paul?

We should have pasted our thread from last year.

I am going to do this later ...... when I get the chance. This forum is keeping me away from the game :)

Haha true although I swerved 2012 and don't have any plans to buy 2013.
Waiting to see the opinions of racers I respect in the 'first impressions' thread after they have put in some time.

Now get racing! :D

Wowzers, thanx so much i got the game last night been loving the classic f1 cars there so fun to drive. Cant wait to try out these new cockpit views. They say most people dont drive using cockpit view but really....is there any other way to drive lol. Thanx again :)

Hey man thank you for your time doing this :), just if I could ask you how to edit it myself ? I just feel it's a little bit to close to the steering wheel. But it's def way better than what Codemaster did.

First off, these cams are great. Thank you. However, I need them, based on my sim rig, monitor height, to come down a bit. Can you tell me how to edit the xml files to bring this down to match where I should be viewing? It feels like I'm looking up all the time.

Excellent Job! Excellent !!!
very very realistic !!!!!! ★★★★★ :thumbsup:
thanks.jpg

Last edited:
Cameras look very nice :) BUT! :p it's called drivers eye camera, but why can't we look in the mirrors? Real drivers have the mirrors in sight all the time. ;)
Yes that is a problem I'll admit. I made it in mind with what the driver would see when looking straight ahead.

However, you can program buttons on your wheel/controller to look left and right and then you'll be able to see the mirrors. Also, people with triple screens will be able to see them without any of that.

Yes that is a problem I'll admit. I made it in mind with what the driver would see when looking straight ahead.

However, you can program buttons on your wheel/controller to look left and right and then you'll be able to see the mirrors. Also, people with triple screens will be able to see them without any of that.

could you make it just a little bit further back please ?

First off, these cams are great. Thank you. However, I need them, based on my sim rig, monitor height, to come down a bit. Can you tell me how to edit the xml files to bring this down to match where I should be viewing? It feels like I'm looking up all the time.

Hey man thank you for your time doing this :), just if I could ask you how to edit it myself ? I just feel it's a little bit to close to the steering wheel. But it's def way better than what Codemaster did.

Okay, you need to download Fergo's BinXML Editor

1) Open XML editor, click "add files"
2) Then you need to find the "cars" folder in F1 2013's root file. (C: / Program Files (x86) / Steam / SteamApps / common / f12013 / cars / xx2/ cameras.xml
3)
Select which ever car's camera you want to edit and click ok, then click "Convert!"
4) When you open the .txt version of the file you just converted, press Ctrl + F, and type in "Head", and press enter until you come to the line "<View type="Head" ident="head-cam"
5)
Under that, you'll see the line: "<Parameter name="position" type="vector3" x="0.0000" y="x.xxxx" z="x.xxxx" />

These are the values you need to edit.
X = Left / Right (Leave as is)
Y = Up / Down (Bigger number = moved up)
Z = Forward / Back (Bigger Number = further forward)

6)
Then once you've finished, convert back to xml, and copy and paste it back into the car's folder, and test it in game.

2) Then you need to find the "cars" folder in F1 2013's root file. (C: / Program Files (x86) / Steam / SteamApps / common / f12013 / cars / xx2/ cameras.xml
3)
Select which ever car's camera you want to edit and click ok, then click "Convert!"
4) When you open the .txt version of the file you just converted, press Ctrl + F, and type in "Head", and press enter until you come to the line "<View type="Head" ident="head-cam"
5)
Under that, you'll see the line: "<Parameter name="position" type="vector3" x="0.0000" y="x.xxxx" z="x.xxxx" />

6)
Then once you've finished, convert back to xml, and copy and paste it back into the car's folder, and test it in game.
[/quo

Thank you so much for the tutorial, I downloaded that software today but didn't have a clue on how to use it. Now I know ! thanks a bunch.

3)
5)

6)

Hey, thank you again for the tut, I am having a lot of fun tweaking until I find the good position :)

3)
5)

6)
Good man! Your cams are *so close* but I just need a little tweak. Now I can get them 100% to match my setup which is very immersive and natural. Thanks for the pro tips!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back