1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cameras Drivers Eye Cockpit Cameras 1.0

Cockpit Cameras for all cars

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

Wow, nice one!

3. does the view change as is if you are turning your head in these cams? That always makes me feel dizzy and disoriented. Or is there a way to keep the camera fixed?

4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

No the view doesn't look to the apex. I dunno how to do that :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hello you great Modders you have worked on F1 2012.
    Especially the ones that designed gloves and helmets.
    I tried and the F1 2012 helmets fit perfect to F1 2013.
    Maybe the suits too ?
    So i have a request:
    Please do not delete your F1 2012 mods ive you already intented too.
    If not and this is all senless than delete it.
    Thanks, and i hope F1 2013 is getting even better..

6. BTW Very nice !
    Maybe you could work on the T-cams too ?

7. ML2166

ML2166
    If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?

I can assure you the helmets from 2012 do not fit perfectly.....not the ones with fins anyway.

8. What does this mean ? with fin?

9. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

All I wanted to do was edit the positioning of the drivers head. I don't know how to implement all those look to apex, and momentum effects that you put in.

Codies have already added slightly more inertia than last years game, and it feels like enough for me. If you dont like it, dont download it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

I'm not asking for you to patronise me. If you dont like my (relatively) simple mod, then that's fine.

It is complete, that's all I wanted to do with them. I haven't rushed to get them out as soon as possible or anything like that. Yes it's an early mod, but i've had the game for 2 days, and have been progressively editing each team's cockpit camera to a more realistic view point.
    It does exactly what I wanted from it and I thought people might want more realistically positioned cockpit cameras. That's all.

I'm completely open to constructive criticism, but you're asking me to make the mod into something that:
    1) I don't know how to do, and,
    2) I didn't intend the mod to be in the first place. I like to amount of inertia that CM have provided with the current camera.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Mate, you're fine to make a comment, positive or negative. It's all in the name of producing good quality end products. If you think my mod is crap then that's fine ahah, you're a better modder than me. I just like to make my own stuff and thought people might like it too.

That's the thing, my mod is finished. I didn't intend for it to be anything hugely fancy, im not that good of a modder, and I prefer the current cockpit movement that Codemasters have implemented.

15. kelaroost

kelaroost
    @ Simberia @Simberia

16. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Lol, you're fine mate. Constructive feedback is the only way people improve.

I really like (in cockpit cam) the braking movement they've put in, in that your head dips lower and closer to the wheel, just like it would in real life in the way the drivers sort of submarine deeper into the cockpit under heavy braking.

I think they need to add slightly more lateral inertia, however, not too much as it can spoil it.

Having said that, it's tough to judge what the driver see's because the human eye levels and stabilises the environment to make motion look more smooth.

17. Awesome good job :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Good Job buddy. I will download it when i get the Game in my hands

19. Wow that was quick!!!! and much needed!!!!

20. gracias

• Beer Beer x 1