PC1 Download the Free Project CARS Pagani Edition on Steam

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Pagani Edition.jpg

First an apology for the delay in posting this news... although a few days out of date, we still want to bring this new, free, edition of Project CARS to the attention of those of you who have yet to sample this racing game for yourselves.

In somewhat of an interesting move by Slightly Mad Studios, the development team have released a free PC only version of the Project CARS game featuring five vehicles from the Pagani brand and three tracks, including the laserscanned Nürburgring and Nordschleife! The Pagani Edition of Project CARS contains the Pagani Huayra, Huayra BC, Zonda Cinque, Zonda R, and Zonda Revolucion and digital versions of the Monza Grand Prix circuit, the fictional Azure Coast, (sometime) home of the German Grand Prix the Nurburgring and of course the legendary, epic, wonderful and exciting Nordschleife. In yet more goodness from Slightly Mad Studios, the Pagani Edition of Project CARS is fully VR compatible for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive as well as supporting 4k screens... not bad at all for a free game!

No doubt SMS have released the new sample game as part of an ongoing commitment to their Pagani licencing agreement, it is nevertheless a nice touch that allows gamers who maybe haven't tried the full title yet to sample what the Project CARS franchise is all about. Supported by the Pagani brand, Horacio Pagani, Founder and Chief Designer of Pagani Automobili had the following to say regarding the new release:

“I’ve always been thrilled by videogames, and Project CARS sums all the things that I love about cars: the passion and the experience. I’m proud and honored to see the Project CARS – Pagani Edition, and I hope all our fans all over the world enjoy the possibility to drive our creations, especially the new Pagani Huayra BC.”

Project CARS Pagani Edition 4.png
Project CARS Pagani Edition 5.png

Project CARS Pagani Edition is available for free on the Steam network for PC players right now.

Check out the Project CARS sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Take a look at our Mods section for addon content for the title and have a go in one of our quality Club Racing events here at RaceDepartment, check them out today and join in the online fun.

Project CARS Pagani Edition 2.png
Project CARS Pagani Edition 3.png

Have you tried the Pagani Edition of Project CARS? Perhaps you are new to the game, does the free edition encourage you to purchase the full title? Let us know in the comments section below!

It's SMS' problem that people hate the FFB in their game, because they should have made sure that it felt correct by default, but if you already have the game, might as well download a file or adjust it yourself to have a good time. It offers a ridiculous amount of tweakability, and that shows how deep the system is, and just how difficult it is to get right.

rF2 is still wildly inconsistent, AMS is predictable but limited in the variety of forces, Assetto Corsa is almost just resistance, and Raceroom doesn't do much. The biggest problem about pCars is that they expect you to finish the game for them.

SMS might be clueless, lazy or whatever, but if you want to get great FFB in pCars, it's in there somewhere. It's also completely stupid that they wouldn't work on that for this release. because it could have gotten them new customers instead of driving them away.

tl;dr If you want to enjoy Project Cars, you need to put the effort into it. If the effort isn't worth it, I can't blame you and you just keep playing something else instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's SMS' problem that people hate the FFB in their game, because they should have made sure that it felt correct by default, but if you already have the game, might as well download a file or adjust it yourself to have a good time. It offers a ridiculous amount of tweakability, and that shows how deep the system is, and just how difficult it is to get right.

rF2 is still wildly inconsistent, AMS is predictable but limited in the variety of forces, Assetto Corsa is almost just resistance, and Raceroom doesn't do much. The biggest problem about pCars is that they expect you to finish the game for them.

SMS might be clueless, lazy or whatever, but if you want to get great FFB in pCars, it's in there somewhere. It's also completely stupid that they wouldn't work on that for this release. because it could have gotten them new customers instead of driving them away.

tl;dr If you want to enjoy Project Cars, you need to put the effort into it. If the effort isn't worth it, I can't blame you and you just keep playing something else instead.

<snip>

mod edit - As mentioned above, English only please

So I gave it a go. Expecting to be able to whack everything up to Ultra on a GTX 1070 but nope... too much eye candy and I ended up with stuttering and about 30 fps.

No worries. Not the first title I've tried that crippled a 1070 on Ultra settings.

On to the handling. Well yes. I can see why people are discussing FFB so vigorously here and in other forums. It's terrible. Feel like the wheel is stuck in a big pot of treacle or quick drying cement.
I lowered a few settings and it was marginally better but I'm looking forward to tweaking it so the handling is decent and also the graphics are maxed out whilst still maintaining decent performance.
So far so good. Looks nice enough and not seen any glaring issues yet I've only played it for half an hour at most.

I didn't say rF2 is worse. I said I only played the demo, so I cannot say how good it is. Only from the demo, it is a very nice FFB, but it's only 2 cars in the demo. I also said AMS is BETTER than PCars at FFB. It's got a lot of things going well for it, however PCars is very close to it. Translating my text probably doesn't help you much, most likely you didn't understand what I wrote.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back