PC1 Download the Free Project CARS Pagani Edition on Steam

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Pagani Edition.jpg

First an apology for the delay in posting this news... although a few days out of date, we still want to bring this new, free, edition of Project CARS to the attention of those of you who have yet to sample this racing game for yourselves.

In somewhat of an interesting move by Slightly Mad Studios, the development team have released a free PC only version of the Project CARS game featuring five vehicles from the Pagani brand and three tracks, including the laserscanned Nürburgring and Nordschleife! The Pagani Edition of Project CARS contains the Pagani Huayra, Huayra BC, Zonda Cinque, Zonda R, and Zonda Revolucion and digital versions of the Monza Grand Prix circuit, the fictional Azure Coast, (sometime) home of the German Grand Prix the Nurburgring and of course the legendary, epic, wonderful and exciting Nordschleife. In yet more goodness from Slightly Mad Studios, the Pagani Edition of Project CARS is fully VR compatible for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive as well as supporting 4k screens... not bad at all for a free game!

No doubt SMS have released the new sample game as part of an ongoing commitment to their Pagani licencing agreement, it is nevertheless a nice touch that allows gamers who maybe haven't tried the full title yet to sample what the Project CARS franchise is all about. Supported by the Pagani brand, Horacio Pagani, Founder and Chief Designer of Pagani Automobili had the following to say regarding the new release:

“I’ve always been thrilled by videogames, and Project CARS sums all the things that I love about cars: the passion and the experience. I’m proud and honored to see the Project CARS – Pagani Edition, and I hope all our fans all over the world enjoy the possibility to drive our creations, especially the new Pagani Huayra BC.”

Project CARS Pagani Edition 4.png
Project CARS Pagani Edition 5.png

Project CARS Pagani Edition is available for free on the Steam network for PC players right now.

Check out the Project CARS sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Take a look at our Mods section for addon content for the title and have a go in one of our quality Club Racing events here at RaceDepartment, check them out today and join in the online fun.

Project CARS Pagani Edition 2.png
Project CARS Pagani Edition 3.png

Have you tried the Pagani Edition of Project CARS? Perhaps you are new to the game, does the free edition encourage you to purchase the full title? Let us know in the comments section below!

A true gift would be to return my €50 I paid for this piece of crap that calls itself a simulator. Assetto Corsa for life :D
I truely dislike the fakeness around all of this game, the lack of support and the fact they shifted all of the work to PCars2 even before PCars was still bugging like mad.
It's like EA bringing out Fifa each other year for a full price of €60 while with a simple support update patch, like Assetto Corsa does, and DLC support, the game could easily be kept running for a 5 year period without any new title needed. That is the future of gaming and Kunos are pioneers of that concept, together with iRacing and rFactor perhaps.

Even for free this game is shocking value for money :rolleyes: I was so hyped for the original release but I just never got into it. Played it for a month and haven't touched it since. Besides, the only reason I was exited for it in the first place was the junior formulas but now both r3e and AMS fill that void for me :D

Maybe it's better now a year and a bit later? I somewhat doubt it :(
When i grave for high end graphics i do some practice laps on Le Mans just
A true gift would be to return my €50 I paid for this piece of crap that calls itself a simulator. Assetto Corsa for life :D
I truely dislike the fakeness around all of this game, the lack of support and the fact they shifted all of the work to PCars2 even before PCars was still bugging like mad.
It's like EA bringing out Fifa each other year for a full price of €60 while with a simple support update patch, like Assetto Corsa does, and DLC support, the game could easily be kept running for a 5 year period without any new title needed. That is the future of gaming and Kunos are pioneers of that concept, together with iRacing and rFactor perhaps.
Well..."we" could have known what would happen as Shi(f)t developers. And i praise them for the exterior and interiors of cars. The circuits themselves are also very nice but...boom...there the train stops. I wish them goodluck with Pcars 2 which will be exact the same as Shi(f)t 2.

I wonder if they bothered configuring their FFB this time since this only has a handful of cars.

The "problem" with PCARS' force feedback is that is up to the player to configure it to suit his equipment & driving preferences. Probably not the best for newcomers, but after spending some time learning the configuration options the result is quite satisfactory.

Regards

Last edited:
If anyone care to try, I follow this tutorial on how to eliminate ffb clippings, and now I can enjoy driving in pCars. No JackSpade needed.

That video is a good place to start, but only focuses on eliminating clipping, as you wrote. I recommend to take a look to the official FFB guide available at PCARS official forums to learn how to configurate all the other parameters. The resulting FFB is way better than the one you get just removing clipping.

Regards

Last edited:
The "problem" with PCARS' force feedback is that is up to the player to configure it to suit his equipment & driving preferences. Probably not the best for newcomers, but after spending some time learning the configuration options the result is quite satisfactory.

Regards
For me it is not about ffb as I had to set up AC ffb too to my personal likings and wheel capacity which took me a day or so to figure out. I downloaded a program specially designed for ffb settings .
PCars sure had nice graphics but so does AC and without the arcadish feeling. I understand people like PCars but me personally , I disliked it every time I fired it up and eventually I removed it from my drive. I have had 3 games in my gaming life which stayed with me for over a decade : GTA, Gran Turismo and Football Manager. Assetto Corsa is GT's replacement for a few years already and will stay with me for the next 5 years at least. I am loyal to my games, never had more than 10 I think.
PCars is available from me to trade:whistling:

I am still amazed that people just LOVE to hate on PCars and go out of their way to point that out. So far, I ve tried PCars, AMS, AC, R3E and the demo of rF2 (ok that doesn't count for much). The best FFB so far has been prooobably AMS, followed close by PCars. Then R3E is also pretty good, and AC afterwards. All I can think if 1. wheel matters a lot on FFB delivery, 2. Pcars ffb settings just escape you and you cba to chase the feeling. I kinda feel sorry for people who can't seem to enjoy it, PCars FFB is really quite good when set right. All this simcade nonsense is quite old, I pay no attention anymore and play all sims for the different things they offer. AC for the Porsches Ferrari and Lambos, AMS for the formulas and nice (and slightly different) FFB, PCas for the amazing variety in both cars and tracks and really nice FFB, R3E mainly for the sounds and good FFB. Really guys, are they paying you to hate on other sims? It's just such a waste of energy, just enjoy the great variety we have.

I am still amazed that people just LOVE to hate on PCars and go out of their way to point that out. So far, I ve tried PCars, AMS, AC, R3E and the demo of rF2 (ok that doesn't count for much). The best FFB so far has been prooobably AMS, followed close by PCars. Then R3E is also pretty good, and AC afterwards. All I can think if 1. wheel matters a lot on FFB delivery, 2. Pcars ffb settings just escape you and you cba to chase the feeling. I kinda feel sorry for people who can't seem to enjoy it, PCars FFB is really quite good when set right. All this simcade nonsense is quite old, I pay no attention anymore and play all sims for the different things they offer. AC for the Porsches Ferrari and Lambos, AMS for the formulas and nice (and slightly different) FFB, PCas for the amazing variety in both cars and tracks and really nice FFB, R3E mainly for the sounds and good FFB. Really guys, are they paying you to hate on other sims? It's just such a waste of energy, just enjoy the great variety we have.
I never hated the game, I just dislike it. To each their own . I hate racism and political correctness however .
Enjoy your sim(cades) :p:D Just a silly joke ;)

It wasn't directed at you in particular, if that's what you thought. It's a general observation and not just for PCars, it goes for other games too, the pitchforks come out real fast. Meh

Y tienen los santos cojones de llamarlo simulación.Si esto es mejor que rf2 según tú,apaga y vámonos chico.Mucho has probado ,pero que poquito sabemos,eh?Te habrás leído alguna guía para la aplicación correcta de FFB,pero si los jugadores con otros juegos no hemos tenido problemas con el FFB..porqué Pcars es diferente?Es mejor que AMS,RF2???A mentir a tu casa,que tenemos los huevos pelados de tanto fanboyPcars.Disfruta tú que el resto sabemos hacerlo,no es necesario que nos diga que hacer.Los payasos al circo,gracias

PD:Traductor?si necesitas Google te puede ayudar.

Is the Nords and Nurb laser scanned?
True life

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back