Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for your help. The software works great as well as support.
Some pictures from ETS 2 and Project Cars

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 442
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 434
keyboard emulator don't work in rfactor2?
when i click a push button, simulated "R" key, for example, in game show "PAUSE" in settings>controls.
sorry my english, i'm brazilian. :p

The keyboard emulator use some windows level api to simulate keystrokes, it may not work depending on how the game reads the inputs.

If your stuck you can use the "shell plugin" (see my wiki) to trigger some autohotkeys scripts witch will allow you more freedom and compatibility.

Hey guys,

After some really annoying soldering i got the tacho to work using my arduino nano, my tacho also has a boost/vacuum gauge and I was hoping to connect this up as well. I noticed in your earlier reply you mentioned that this is still WIP and that you're gauge simply takes a 0 - 5V signal to work. That being said when my gauge is not connected to power it maxes out but when i ground the wire it drops to -15 with no in between i experimented and concluded that my tacho requires variable resistance on the ground circuit.

For example, if i put a 220 Ohm resistor on the between the boost signal wire and the ground pin of my arduino it drops to 0. Does this mean this cannot be simulated with the arduino?

Thanks

The keyboard emulator use some windows level api to simulate keystrokes, it may not work depending on how the game reads the inputs.

If your stuck you can use the "shell plugin" (see my wiki) to trigger some autohotkeys scripts witch will allow you more freedom and compatibility.

hm...

In my project for rFactor2...
- LED's is OK
- Nextion display works fine.
- but i need buttons to "Pit Limiter" "Gear Up" "Gear Down", etc...
I do not know how to do it... yes i'm newbie, hehe

Grateful.

Hey guys,

After some really annoying soldering i got the tacho to work using my arduino nano, my tacho also has a boost/vacuum gauge and I was hoping to connect this up as well. I noticed in your earlier reply you mentioned that this is still WIP and that you're gauge simply takes a 0 - 5V signal to work. That being said when my gauge is not connected to power it maxes out but when i ground the wire it drops to -15 with no in between i experimented and concluded that my tacho requires variable resistance on the ground circuit.

For example, if i put a 220 Ohm resistor on the between the boost signal wire and the ground pin of my arduino it drops to 0. Does this mean this cannot be simulated with the arduino?

Thanks

It looks like it's a good start indeed. Since I've not reviewed all the cases I can't tell you to go fearless, but it's worth a try, If you feel confident connect your boost signal to the suggested pin, then upload the sketch with the option enabled.

It there is a remaining hidden calibration setting : in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\PluginsData\Common\SerialDashPlugin.json locate the key "BoostMaxOutput" :
upload_2017-7-14_10-45-49.png

If the boost gauge goes crazy at high value reduce this number (try dichotomy, 128, then 192 ....) (Modify this value when SimHub is not running ;) )

For now the boost gauge have no calibration, it starts from the physical zero.
When the boost data is available (AC) it will give it, on PCars it will gives Engine torque, and on other games the throttle

hm...

In my project for rFactor2...
- LED's is OK
- Nextion display works fine.
- but i need buttons to "Pit Limiter" "Gear Up" "Gear Down", etc...
I do not know how to do it... yes i'm newbie, hehe

Grateful.
Autohotkey has a complete beginner tutorial here : https://autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm
When you create a script simply drop it in the "ShellMacros" folder of simhub, restart SimHub and you will be able to map it on simhub inputs.

Just a heads up, that there is a new beta version of Crew Chief out (V 4.7.7.0) with an updated version of the rF2 plugin.
SimHub no longer works with this updated plugin.

Chris

Just a heads up, that there is a new beta version of Crew Chief out (V 4.7.7.0) with an updated version of the rF2 plugin.
SimHub no longer works with this updated plugin.

Chris
Interesting I will look ASAP. At worst it will be when I come back from holidays. Not sure if my craptop will handle rf2 :D

Thanks for the help mate, I've got the boost gauge working although as you said there is no calibration it starts at the -15 in vacuum. Is there a way that I can modify a file to change the default output of the arduino pin to start at say 1.6V or whatever i need to get a zero and then go from there? Do you know if there is a relationship i could use between AC's boost output and voltage such that i can accurately use the boost gauge with real boost values or is this beyond what you have worked out so far.

Also the gauge is very slow to move, is this something i can modify using simhub or is this just a latency drawback that cannot be changed. I've noticed if im driving something like the Tuned RX7 the ingame boost maxes out and the gauge is still around 1/2 way to 3/4.

Cheers,
James

Thanks for the help mate, I've got the boost gauge working although as you said there is no calibration it starts at the -15 in vacuum. Is there a way that I can modify a file to change the default output of the arduino pin to start at say 1.6V or whatever i need to get a zero and then go from there? Do you know if there is a relationship i could use between AC's boost output and voltage such that i can accurately use the boost gauge with real boost values or is this beyond what you have worked out so far.

Also the gauge is very slow to move, is this something i can modify using simhub or is this just a latency drawback that cannot be changed. I've noticed if im driving something like the Tuned RX7 the ingame boost maxes out and the gauge is still around 1/2 way to 3/4.

Cheers,
James

Hi !
For now there is no real mode, it's still a WIP but since I've not sorted out all the hardware related stuffs, I've not finished the software side, On my boost gauge I have a very fast response :

For going to the zero, you can eventually offset the output directly from the sketch find these lines :

#ifdef INCLUDE_BOOSTGAUGE
if (opt == 'U') {
int level = FlowSerialReadStringUntil('\n').toInt();
analogWrite(pinBoost, level);
}
#endif

replace by :
#ifdef INCLUDE_BOOSTGAUGE
if (opt == 'U') {
int level = FlowSerialReadStringUntil('\n').toInt();
analogWrite(pinBoost, level + 100);
}
#endif

Where 100 is the offset (you will have to go by trial and error to find the right value), then fix the BoostMaxOutput i've shown in my previous message to prevent going out the working range.

The boost gauge will often not go to the max because SimHub self calibrate the max boost when it finds it. so if you push the boost to 100% in game, let's say you have a boost value of 3bars which will be the max. Then you go lower for instance to 60%, you will now have 2bars max, which is approximately 2/3 of the max seen, so now the boost gauge will never go more than 2/3 as long as you stay to 60% on the adjustable boost.

I will finish this feature soon and give the full configuration possibilities like the Tach ;) (calibration/real mode/full scale ...)

So with some careful calibration I have gotten the boost to be around the levels that i want and aside from the gauge's responsiveness (which i feel has more to do with the gauge than anything else) I have noticed in the updates thread that there is data available to show both air temp and track temp in different games. How is this outputted from SimHub as my gauge has three separate displays aimed at oil pressure, and oil and water temp I wanted to know if i could interface these with the air and track temp. Obviously both these displays are designed to run off of a actual sensor so they are probably both need to be configured using PWM.

Which is probably different from using a 7-segment display for example. if i could figure out how to access the data from the game then i would be able to add this to the sketch for my arduino and change to output a PWM signal.

Cheers,
James

So with some careful calibration I have gotten the boost to be around the levels that i want and aside from the gauge's responsiveness (which i feel has more to do with the gauge than anything else) I have noticed in the updates thread that there is data available to show both air temp and track temp in different games. How is this outputted from SimHub as my gauge has three separate displays aimed at oil pressure, and oil and water temp I wanted to know if i could interface these with the air and track temp. Obviously both these displays are designed to run off of a actual sensor so they are probably both need to be configured using PWM.

Which is probably different from using a 7-segment display for example. if i could figure out how to access the data from the game then i would be able to add this to the sketch for my arduino and change to output a PWM signal.

Cheers,
James

Cool that your boost gauge is working, it's an additional proof that any random boost gauge could work in the same way. That was the thing that I was still not sure about .

For oil temperature/air temperature simhub sketch is not built in that way. It's built like a display meaning that all display data are preformated/precomputed on the computer side. It's an orientation I took to allow people to customize everything directly from simhub and almost never have to re-upload the sketch. The down side is that there is no game data sent to the arduino. I have an idea to address this and open a "door" into the sketch to let users choosen data go right into the arduino, but I did not had time for now to work on it.

I've still not studied oil temperature gauges but be sure that it will follow ;)

Yeah that's what I thought it would be, well thanks anyway mate you've been a great help and rest assured when I get around to replacing my wheel and get back into proper simracing I will post some pics of the rig I have. If I have any more questions on setting anything up i'll let you know.

Cheers,
James

Your support is helping me a lot.
The script wit AHK works perfect.
Thank you so much!!!

Another question, hehe

How i add, analog buttons? like a multiple buttons in analog pin.

I have to edit arduino IDE?

Hello, first off thanks for this wonderful software. I have a question, I am running a analog tac. Got it running perfectly with LFS demo by editing cfg.txt file. I upgraded to s2 which reinstalled new files. Now the tach won't work anymore, nor does it connect to sim hub. Upon looking for the cfg.txt file. It is no longer available. Now it is located in the doc file under insim.txt. I did however find the outgauge in this txt, and did change it to info required. However it does not connect. What can I do? Is it on my end? Or SIM hub software end.

When I play the demo version I have no problems.

Just wanted to show my nextion template is almost completed.
I have a 3.2in screen in my Thrustmaster F1 wheel. I have 4 pages in the same template for use with the 4 main cars that I drive at the moment (with this wheel rim):
  • RSS Formula Hybrid 2017
  • RSS Formula 2
  • ASR Ferrari F2004
  • (Kunos) Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016

There's just a few tweaks needed to get it perfect - some of the labels on the F2004 display are wrong and a couple of the oil/water pressure readouts aren't working. Once I've fixed these I'll share!

Just wanted to show my nextion template is almost completed.
I have a 3.2in screen in my Thrustmaster F1 wheel. I have 4 pages in the same template for use with the 4 main cars that I drive at the moment (with this wheel rim):
  • RSS Formula Hybrid 2017
  • RSS Formula 2
  • ASR Ferrari F2004
  • (Kunos) Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016

There's just a few tweaks needed to get it perfect - some of the labels on the F2004 display are wrong and a couple of the oil/water pressure readouts aren't working. Once I've fixed these I'll share!
Wonderful !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play