Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if you did this at your will, but every time you enter/leave a SS, the display goes to the clock and go back to the screen you have in last SS, whatever it was.

Hum, that's when the RBR stop sending data for more than 3s, probably because it's loading the special. I guess I could reset RPM at this time (thought I was already doing it, but it looks like it's not the case)

Vibration is already functional with my ShakeIt project (http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...back-for-assettocorsa-codmasters-pcars.13563/)

Nope it's still in the "dashboard" theme, but motion is really tempting me but I don't know if my wife would agree :whistling:

I have looked quickly at your application but from what I see it is not functional with bodyshakers. I think that its only for arduino+vibration motor
What I have are some bodyshakers connected by audio and wanted an application like the simvibe that extracts the telemetry data of the game not the audio

Regards

I have looked quickly at your application but from what I see it is not functional with bodyshakers. I think that its only for arduino+vibration motor
What I have are some bodyshakers connected by audio and wanted an application like the simvibe that extracts the telemetry data of the game not the audio

Regards

Indeed, it's a 10 bucks alternative for body shakers ;)

Do you have any idea with my I2C display?

I'm a bit out of ideas :S, it's a bit hard to investigate totally "blind", just a recap of what we know :

This library works out of box with the sample (https://github.com/marcoschwartz/LiquidCrystal_I2C) ? OK ?

- The addess is 0x27
Could you check in DisplayClientV2.ino if it's OK (line #221)​

- Did you set up SimHub to display data on the lcd ?
To check if the display is working with the arduino sketch only you can comment the line "I2CLCD.clear();" (line #622 in sketch add // in the begenning of the line), it should keep this text until connecting to simhub.​

- I see that the sample in the library initialize the display twice, I don't know it it's on purpose,
Could you try to add one line with I2CLCD.init(); line #619, it would give this :
#ifdef INCLUDE_I2CLCD
if (I2CLCD_enabled == 1) {
I2CLCD.init();
I2CLCD.init();
I2CLCD.backlight();
I2CLCD.print("Hello world...");
I2CLCD.clear();
}
#endif

I hope that after all these checks we will know what's wrong :D

I'm a bit out of ideas :S, it's a bit hard to investigate totally "blind", just a recap of what we know :

This library works out of box with the sample (https://github.com/marcoschwartz/LiquidCrystal_I2C) ? OK ?

- The addess is 0x27
Could you check in DisplayClientV2.ino if it's OK (line #221)​

- Did you set up SimHub to display data on the lcd ?
To check if the display is working with the arduino sketch only you can comment the line "I2CLCD.clear();" (line #622 in sketch add // in the begenning of the line), it should keep this text until connecting to simhub.​

- I see that the sample in the library initialize the display twice, I don't know it it's on purpose,
Could you try to add one line with I2CLCD.init(); line #619, it would give this :
#ifdef INCLUDE_I2CLCD
if (I2CLCD_enabled == 1) {
I2CLCD.init();
I2CLCD.init();
I2CLCD.backlight();
I2CLCD.print("Hello world...");
I2CLCD.clear();
}
#endif

I hope that after all these checks we will know what's wrong :D
After updating your software to 4.2.4.and creating an new *.ino file it works fine. Don´t know why.

Now to the next step...
How do I configure one or two or more MAX7219 8x8 Dot Matrix modules for ETS2?

After updating your software to 4.2.4.and creating an new *.ino file it works fine. Don´t know why.

Now to the next step...
How do I configure one or two or more MAX7219 8x8 Dot Matrix modules for ETS2?

SimHub only handle one matrix, just enable the matrix in the sketch, upload and follow the pin out suggested (GND, goes to arduino gnd, and 5v to 5V), this one one does not come into many variants, it should be straight forward :D)
upload_2017-3-17_23-25-57.png

Then choose which font to use into simhub (the fonts can be customized into the MatrixFonts folder), not all the fonts handle more than 9 speeds (the font SQUARE-LARGE8x8 handle it)

Good day.
Omw, thank you for an epic application, it is great. Need to ask, where can I get more info on the Arduino setup? I want to run a 2 digit, 14segment led display, and send the redline from flashing to turning on 2 red smd leds.

Thank you again

Good day.
Omw, thank you for an epic application, it is great. Need to ask, where can I get more info on the Arduino setup? I want to run a 2 digit, 14segment led display, and send the redline from flashing to turning on 2 red smd leds.

Thank you again

Sadly it's not supported, you can see all the type of hardware supported in the main post,
Nether less, could you send me a link to the hardware you were looking at to use,
I can see If I can do something.

Sadly it's not supported, you can see all the type of hardware supported in the main post,
Nether less, could you send me a link to the hardware you were looking at to use,
I can see If I can do something.
Oh, thank you, that would be awesome, im busy learning arduino programming, so if you instruct me that would be awesome.

This is the unit I want to run.
2digit 14segment
http://za.rs-online.com/web/p/led-displays/8717333/
Or
http://za.rs-online.com/web/p/led-displays/8717428/
Ive selected a Ca so I can control brightnes with a pot, is there another method, with a Cc?

Thank you for your quick response, it is much appreciated

Well, seeing as I keep pestering you about stuff. Thought you might like to see my hardware creation that is using your amazing software!

http://imgur.com/VuZhe41

Sexy :D , I always see those quick release hacks, does not this create too much stress to the wheel ?
By the way I'm investigating to some crazy features, I've seen some Thrustmaster wheels hacks where you can replace the wheel controller by an arduino, the wheel deliver directly the power, I've ordered one real 350mm wheel for my t500 and I will try to make SimHub goes wireless with a bluetooth adapter, could be a nice integration :D, no visible wires, no mess :D

There is a bit more wobble in the wheel but overall it's quite sturdy. I've not had any issues yet. I also have given the Thrustmaster F1 wheel the same quick release treatment. It's great being able to swap them on the fly between sessions.

I used one of these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPARCO-Bl...991919?hash=item2a78e666af:g:2vEAAOSw44BYdMGA) to go formula one style as I used the other type before and wasn't fully happy with it. Luckily the hole in the shaft of the quick release is the perfect size of the connector Thrustmaster uses! So I just made an extension lead, connected to the original on the base and then stuck it down the shaft with some hot glue and works a treat!

Regarding the real wheel. That is going to be another project of mine too just not sure what wheel I want as would love to use one of these (https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/images/L/3425-2017.JPG) but they are just too damn expensive.

Your idea sound amazing! Would deffo use that implimentation! One of the issue's I've found with the arduino ones people have linked up to the thrustmaster base is they can't use rotary encoders which is such a shame.

There is a bit more wobble in the wheel but overall it's quite sturdy. I've not had any issues yet. I also have given the Thrustmaster F1 wheel the same quick release treatment. It's great being able to swap them on the fly between sessions.

I used one of these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPARCO-Bl...991919?hash=item2a78e666af:g:2vEAAOSw44BYdMGA) to go formula one style as I used the other type before and wasn't fully happy with it. Luckily the hole in the shaft of the quick release is the perfect size of the connector Thrustmaster uses! So I just made an extension lead, connected to the original on the base and then stuck it down the shaft with some hot glue and works a treat!

Regarding the real wheel. That is going to be another project of mine too just not sure what wheel I want as would love to use one of these (https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/images/L/3425-2017.JPG) but they are just too damn expensive.

Your idea sound amazing! Would deffo use that implimentation! One of the issue's I've found with the arduino ones people have linked up to the thrustmaster base is they can't use rotary encoders which is such a shame.

Yep rotary encoders are bit hard to manage properly, It's on my to do list to support it for simhub but after 2 or 3 attempts I'm still stuck with them (it needs to use interrupts but it totally breaks simhub communication :().

SimHub only handle one matrix, just enable the matrix in the sketch, upload and follow the pin out suggested (GND, goes to arduino gnd, and 5v to 5V), this one one does not come into many variants, it should be straight forward :D)
View attachment 179790

Then choose which font to use into simhub (the fonts can be customized into the MatrixFonts folder), not all the fonts handle more than 9 speeds (the font SQUARE-LARGE8x8 handle it)

Thanks a lot. I use the TRAD-LARGE8x6 font. Looks better for me.

Next step: TM1638 was delivered today. :)
It works, also I wired it correctly.
But... all data is sent to the TM1638. The I2C Display receives no data any more. :-(
I need a hint again.
And sorry for so much asking.

Thanks a lot. I use the TRAD-LARGE8x6 font. Looks better for me.

Next step: TM1638 was delivered today. :)
It works, also I wired it correctly.
But... all data is sent to the TM1638. The I2C Display receives no data any more. :-(
I need a hint again.
And sorry for so much asking.

Hum that's strange did you disable LCD when configuring the new sketch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 175 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 33 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 57 28.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 71 35.5%