Donington or Brands Hatch Could Host DTM in 2018

I like to see DTM going for more international tracks. Not too long ago DTM was my favourite racing series, and after a few horrible years this season was quite entertaining again. I am not the biggest fan of the world of the current German racetracks (bar Nürburgring, Nordschleife, Oschersleben) so i like to see some great international tracks coming. Misano and Brands Hatch(!) are a good start. Hopefully a slow conversion to the "Class 1" with manufacturers like the GT500 cars and Alfa Romeo and great race tracks all over Europe and Asia. Only time will tell :)

Donington GP for sure. Better circuit for high downforce cars and its closer to me :thumbsup:
But I'd also hope to see DTM go to Paul Ricard (with F1) and Catalunya (with F1 as well).

Actually that's a cool idea. A factory supported series alongside the F1 weekend would make great viewing.

Always felt it was a mistake that BTCC was dropped from the British GP weekend. Probably politics (and money..) :)

April in the UK? Thanks guys. It always irks me when these international series put a UK round as the opening event. I guess they haven’t stood, frozen on a grass bank, getting soaked for 8 hours.

On the other hand, I would love the DTM to return. Don’t mind which track, I personally think the Doni Nat layout is better, the loop isn’t nessesary.

I've grown to like both tracks as far as sim racing on them. Both of them have difficult turn ones in my opinion and offer a challenging race experience. I think the track that creates the most competitive racing would be the best choice.

Difficult choice.

I love Brands Hatch and have watched the DTM there a few times, always frustrated that those cars looked restricted by the Indy layout. Running DTM on the GP circuit would be fantastic.

Then again, I love Donington and the full layout there is probably better suited to DTM racing.

Either or, really. It's just good to know the DTM is considering coming back to the UK. It always got a good audience here.

Wouldn't hold my breath for any DTM-related updates in R3E. A while back, when people were talking about the possibility of getting DTM 2017 update, S3 devs stated they currently have no plans of doing that. And with Mercedes pulling out of DTM next year, I wouldn't expect the situation to get better.

But I guess there's always chance.

Wouldn't hold my breath for any DTM-related updates in R3E. A while back, when people were talking about the possibility of getting DTM 2017 update, S3 devs stated they currently have no plans of doing that. And with Mercedes pulling out of DTM next year, I wouldn't expect the situation to get better.

But I guess there's always chance.

Maybe the changes to the cars next season will have some influence on any decision for 2018 cars.

Difficult choice.

I love Brands Hatch and have watched the DTM there a few times, always frustrated that those cars looked restricted by the Indy layout. Running DTM on the GP circuit would be fantastic.

Then again, I love Donington and the full layout there is probably better suited to DTM racing.

Either or, really. It's just good to know the DTM is considering coming back to the UK. It always got a good audience here.
I’d personally not agree on your last point. I cannot vouch for the more recent Brands rounds, but the 2003 and 2004 Doni rounds that I went to were one man and his dog type affairs, there was no crowd to speak of.

The biggest problem here is that it's a dying series, manufacturers are pulling out, so i guess DTM are trying to make money from foreign tracks as the main German ones have probably decided to restrict the rounds they lose money on.
it never got big crowds in the UK, and will not again

When you compare how the cars looked when the series reformed in the early 2000's to how the cars look now, the cars back in the early days look almost like regular saloons. The cars now look pretty far removed from their road cars.

The costs have gotten far too high, which is undoubtedly a barrier for entry to other car makers, plus the fact that the game is changing. Manufacturers now don't really want to be associated with thirsty V8 engines.

It's funny because road relevance was never a concern when manufacturers were shoving in V10 engines in F1 cars during the 90s and 2000's. it's a funny old world.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.