Does this game need warming up the tires?

Does it depends on the selected game mode? Is there any option I should check out to control whether my tires are cold and need warming up or whether they are already warm when I start? I usually practice hotlapping but I'm not sure if I notice any difference between the grip when I start and when I have already driven some laps.

You can bring up the tire app to check whether the temperatures and pressures are "in the green"
The game has an option to start with pre-heated tires, maybe that is preset in your case, if you do not notice a difference in grip after 1-2 laps.

On the CM/Drive/single page there is the option "use tyre blankets" which means pre heated tyres.
( Left side in the middle of the page.)

When you drive online the administrator of the server determines the setting of this option.

It´s sound advice to use the "Tyre App" because it shows the temperatures of the tyre and if you have to adjust the pressures to get the tyre working better. As stated above its enough to get the tyre pressures "in the green" the temperatures most often show blue as in too cold but the tyre still works.

And in some instances you still have to get the tyre " up to speed" in the first lap even though they were preheated, especially the Skippy ( Mod Car) needs a gentle hand and foot in the first laps.

MFG Carsten

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea