Does the car matter?

Noob question, but asking never hurt nobody:

I was wondering if the car (only WTCC, STCC cars) matter (i know they feel diferent and ofc RWD is totaly diferent from FWD).

My question is about speed: Is a car faster than another (ex: honda is faster than seat in the hands of the same driver same conditions etc).

At RD i've race mini mostly and i'm top10 ( in qually) at least.. but soon i started to race STCC(1 race here and 2 at race2play) and i'm rubbish.. i can bearly keep up with the back of the pack.

One thing i saw that half or more use the honda.. and few use seat or alfa.. and usualy the honda is 1'st in qually.
Or is it just me ( i've raced WTCC in Seat since i started playing sim racing but mainly on public servers noting too serious).

I'm asking because in mini i seem to do much better (same car for everyone), and in STCC,WTCC 5 times worst (diferent cars).

Thank you!

Does the car matter?
I used to dedicate myself to the Seat Leon but not anymore. Now when it comes to WTCC/STCC cars i drive whatever i feel like at the time. I prefer to get to know the different cars so i'm not stuck with driving just one car all the time. Variety is good!.

As for shifting, With Touring cars I mostly sequential shift, In GTL i H gate with clutch and heel to toe. I'm not perfect yet but getting better. It would be wrong to use any other form of shifting in classic cars imo. My gf H Gates but does not use clutch in GTL . On Race, she mainly paddle shifts but that is her prefferance , plus she drives her best when she paddles. The Caterhams i H Gate and clutch as well.

I've seen onboard videos from Richard Göransson where he uses his right foot to brake. His left foot doesn't do anything.

I personally use my left foot for brakibg all the time, no matter what. I've tried the WTCC 87 with auto clutch off, but it was a b*tch ;)

For me if the game would allow it ,,, if the car you driving only had a manual gearbox with no paddles thats what you would get the best performance from...if done correctly.. if you then used paddles you would get a weight penelty... I tend to drive the cars with the best view out the front ..Cockpit view.. sitting on the bonnet to drive takes all the fun out of it ... it would be nice to have some cockpit only races...

I just read this thread and decided to give the Honda a try. I only play this game in a BMW cause for me the racing car should be RWD otherwise it's not fun. However it took me 2 days practice to set mid 26 at Jops Siffert in a BMW. Those jums are nightmare and the last corner is so hard in RWD car. So I was testing the Honda for just 5 laps and the best time was 25.5 with a little grass walk in S1. This is one second faster with no practice at all. So bottom line - the BMWs might be very fast but on certain tracks FWD cars have massive advantage cause they are just easier to drive. And yeah Honda is a NoobMobile - the only thing you do is full brake - full throttle especially with auto clutch.

I'm usually a full two seconds slower in a Beemer than I am in say a SEAT. Yes, I usually also lop off a bit of time when I pick a Honda but I seldom take those. Some fwd cars are actually tail happy and some drivers just love that, others that drive it for brand loyalty can't keep up with the rear end. It's all very personal!

I used to use the Seat at well just because I liked the look of the car. That changed with STCC 2 though as I've switched to the Astra now. I did that for 'brand loyalty' as Dennis mentioned, as I grew up with Vauxhalls. No idea if I'm competitive in it though as I have not had a proper race online with it yet.

It doesn't really matter what car you use though, as long as you're having fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back