Dodge Viper SRT10

I personally didn't enjoy the Viper in GTR Evo, as it feels kind of bleak to me. None of the production cars in it really hit the spot for me apart from the R8. They all just feel lazy and sluggish. But then again, there's nothing to compare them to except competition cars... Not exactly a fair comparison! :p

I enjoy the muscle cars added in Race On though, they can be fun! :)

I personally didn't enjoy the Viper in GTR Evo, as it feels kind of bleak to me. None of the production cars in it really hit the spot for me apart from the R8. They all just feel lazy and sluggish.

You say you dont like production cars because they are lazy and sluggish and then you say: "apart from R8" ?!? ... R8 its the most lazy and sluggish of the 4 production cars ... did you really tryed the Viper? Its everything but boring and sluggish ... its probably the most difficult car to control i drove in Race07 series ... i can understand if you say that you just dont like it or you cant control it but ... lazy and sluggish ??

Edit: I also enjoy a lot Race On muscle cars:thumbsup:

Okay, maybe lazy and sluggish isn't the best way to describe it. :p

They've all got power-to-grip ratios which make them seem quite dull compared to the other stuff in R07. Especially on turn in, that's the worst area for me. But the R8's the least powerful out of them all, and so kinda bridges that gap for me.

I'm sure it's a configuration thing, and if I gave them a fair chance, I could configure my game to make them enjoyable for myself. But as my FFB's set up for the competition cars, the production cars don't transfer so well. As production and competition cars are two entirely different beasts.

I'm sure it's a configuration thing, and if I gave them a fair chance, I could configure my game to make them enjoyable for myself. But as my FFB's set up for the competition cars, the production cars don't transfer so well. As production and competition cars are two entirely different beasts.

You're right!

The best thing to learn the car is to have the real car steering ratio (16.7:1) ... to do that set your wheel to 720º in the wheel profiler (in my case logitech profiler) and the steering lock to 21.5 in garage (car setup)

profiler.png

car%20setup.png

The FFB i have it like this for every cars (using G27) ... its how i can feel cars better ... it will probably not make you fast but will for sure make you enjoy more the driving

control%20settings2.png

You can also set the "sensitive speeding" ... i have it at 50% but this makes fast turns more difficult (but maybe more realistic i think)

control%20settings.png

At last i advice using DXTweak2 to calibrate your pedals so you can have dead zones on the top/bottom of the pedals and control much better the breaks.

It works in every sims i have except in iRacing
You can download this very light software here:

32 bits: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57156690/DataBase/Tools/DXTweak2 32.exe

64 bits: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57156690/DataBase/Tools/DXTweak2 64.exe

This is how i configured:

Accelerator
accelarator.png

Brake
brake.png

Clutch
clutch.png

Maybe you already know all this but i post it anyway so maybe it will help others that are having problems configuring the wheel for race07. All this works very well for me in every cars except the steering lock wich is diferent for each car (depending on the real car steering ratio)

Hope it helps to enjoy more the Viper and other cars

The Viper production is not too difficult as long as the circuit is wide enough. The circuit should also be fast to make the most of its high top speed.

Suggested circuits for this car:
Anderstorp (also good for drag race with friends),
Brno,
Curitiba,
Istanbul,
Macau,
Nordshleife,
Oulton Park 60,
Dijon,
Topgear - Dunsfold Aerodrome,
Beez,
GPLMontjuich,
Matchwerk,
67Sachsenring (down hill section is scarey)
Schottenring67,
Solitude64,
Targa Florio,
Avus67,
North Sweden,
Ruen,
Alpine Hills.

For drifting I recommend a couple of doughnuts round the petrol pumps at Nords and then drift down Aemberg (the first bridge of Nords).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.