Authorised Vendor DK Sigma Motion System | USA Made

2023-07-05-Sigma-Integrale-Software-Release.jpg

NEW SOFTWARE RELEASE 2.1.151.3

New games supported:

1. American Truck Simulator
  2. WRC Generations
  3. F1 '23

New features:
  • New360 degree algorithm to handle continuous roll. This feature updated the Environment layer to handle an aircraft or a vehicle rolling continuously.
  • Improvements to flight algorithms which improves latency and motion cueing to minimize saturation.
  • Improved spawn filter (prevents harsh motion during spawns or transitions) -Other stability improvements

Last edited:
DK2+ Customer in Vietnam: :)

" You guys are crazy... WTF... I have just had the chance to review the system you sent me in Vietnam... Just finishing up the rig.... I can't believe the detail and immersion offered by your motion system..... No other haptic feedback required... I'm blown away... I love it... I love you guys....
Never stop... You guys are awesome on top of awesome... Love the simplicity of install... OMG so easy plug and play.... Everything.. Design etc... I'm gonna start a Chanel soon... I have a pretty awesome setup and sits on a sigma foundation.... Thank you.... Wish you guys had some stickers or T shirts.... For the price it's unbeatable in my opinion..... Sorry. Can't say enough... "

Attachments

• Vietname Chassis and Review.jpg
    Vietname Chassis and Review.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 40
Will these vibrations apply to the road texture layer only ?
No they will be universally applied to flight as well with some differences. Actually we are very excited about flight as it allows for things like these nuances to come through naturally without the use of effects:

1) Stall Buffet – pulsation relative to the craft in its environment, transmitted through fuselage and controls of plane
2) Flaps Extension – increase drag
3) Gear Extension – increase drag
4) Parasitic Drag – parasitic drag, induced by the shape and airflow of craft
5) Rotor Chop in helicopters

And enhance our current motion layers like:

1) Ground Texture
2) Engine Vibration (EV) – currently available, with two sliders to increase intensity and front/back location. Future updates will include left/right EV allocations as well, for right left engine off situations.
3) Engine Start

No they will be universally applied to flight as well with some differences. Actually we are very excited about flight as it allows for things like these nuances to come through naturally without the use of effects:

1) Stall Buffet – pulsation relative to the craft in its environment, transmitted through fuselage and controls of plane

And enhance our current motion layers like:

1) Ground Texture
2) Engine Vibration (EV) – currently available, with two sliders to increase intensity and front/back location. Future updates will include left/right EV allocations as well, for right left engine off situations.
3) Engine Start
Sounds good. Looking forward to the new tuning abilities.

Sigma Motion Systems is the only company that makes its actuators from solid billet aluminum.

This is not only for strength and longevity but also to best transfer and represent MOTION and HAPTICS back to the driver. A proper connection from the actuator, to the chassis and driver is necessary to ensure that no motion or haptics are lost in the yield or give of the materials or connections. This is commonly overlooked and one of the main reasons Sigma makes its actuator bodies, solid steel pistons and brackets in house. And also one of the reasons our system 'feels' better.

Billet made actuators, properly connected with our billet mounts, are much more direct and better at transferring the small and fine details of haptics and motions back to the driver. The motion layers and haptic layers that are enhanced are the change of direction, road vibrations, engine vibrations and environmental vibrations on road surfaces and in the air.

No other.
Billet Made Actuators.jpg

etc...

Wow! The software part is getting better and better!!! Very happy to have chosen Sigma rather than another. ;)

Peter, with all these technological advances do you think you could integrate vibrations like a "bass shaker" system would? For example ; At the command of Star Wars Squadrons VR ships where you could feel every shot, every impact, every explosion, or... just the engines and propulsion systems. You know what I mean ?

Wow! The software part is getting better and better!!! Very happy to have chosen Sigma rather than another. ;)

Peter, with all these technological advances do you think you could integrate vibrations like a "bass shaker" system would? For example ; At the command of Star Wars Squadrons VR ships where you could feel every shot, every impact, every explosion, or... just the engines and propulsion systems. You know what I mean ?
Absolutely, the product has to get better over time, all about the post purchase value and experience. ;-) This is also why we have our over-the-air updates automated and easily installed with a software restart. This is also why we have the upgrade program, so you can always send us your DK2 or DK2+ and upgrade to a higher capacity model.

What you are talking about is turning a DK system into a transducer or bass speaker, which is possible and actually very easy to do, and we have thought about this before as a solution to some in-game haptics like engine vibration. This would also be a regression to our motion philosophy. :) BUT its still a great idea. Let us sit on it and discuss as a team, as there are other considerations too. We were always looking at it as being a sub-par solution or competition to DK rather than a compliment. But I see your point. ;-)

The way that most companies or people move into haptics is first by getting sound transducers --> then getting effects based transducers or effects based motion systems ---> then going into more authentic haptics, something like Sigma's True Haptic™ reconstruction. Sound transducers are simply just using the actuator as a base speaker, and all forms of low sounds would come through the actuators (basically like a speaker) this also happens when you turn up the frequency on any servo, you can actually get it to play speech and sound. This is what you are suggesting here. For fun, we once setup a Skype call via a motor transducer. You can almost hear what the person is saying through vibrations of the chassis. lol. Then you have effects based haptics, these are more popular in the industry, but rely on a large bank of effects that you sample from and program independently for each game, this is a huge undertaking and management process. Some companies purely rely on such effects based motion, but it can have false positives as you cannot program for every possible triggered event in the game/movie, or have false positives triggered. One way I explain this is sliding sideways in a car, and having vibrational canned 'effects' come into the car chassis. With such a solution, the vibrations are the same whether the car is on ice, snow, gravel, clay, grass, concrete, asphalt, etc... As we all know, the cars tire and suspension resonates completely differently dependent on the surface it traverses, specially sideways. Our True Haptics™ looks at the high and low frequency signals of the suspension and chassis and reproduces them as authentically as possible (if available by the game developer). This is ofcourse is much harder with 60hz games but many games are upping their physics frequencies and sampling to display on 'high' refresh screens. For example, rfactor2 is 60hz, iRacing is 360hz (buffered probably due to network play), AC is 333hz, ACC 400hz and BeamNG kills it with 4000hz!

Anyways you got me on a rant, but yes its doable and would be a simple way to add more value to our DK. Maybe we should call this feature House-s-s-s-Shakers?, cause that's probably what it would do. ;-)

Thank you Peter for all the info (you are the King). :thumbsup:

I specify that such a system "House-s-s-s-Shakers" or RIG Shaker (it's shorter) :p would be for games not supported. Now, I don't think that would be a regression; you would have an additional function that would be used with all other unsupported games and your system would have an "added value" compared to the competition.

For me, I use my Subpac (audio frequencies) when I can and it adds even greater immersion (especially in VR).

Either way, glad to hear that it might be doable. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Peter for all the info (you are the King). :thumbsup:

I specify that such a system "House-s-s-s-Shakers" or RIG Shaker (it's shorter) :p would be for games not supported. Now, I don't think that would be a regression; you would have an additional function that would be used with all other unsupported games and your system would have an "added value" compared to the competition.

For me, I use my Subpac (audio frequencies) when I can and it adds even greater immersion (especially in VR).

Either way, glad to hear that it might be doable. ;)
True about "added value". ;-)

Howdy ! You guys have seen me here - lurking, asking for extensive detail, and pressure-testing the Sigma team - for well over a year now. My first motion system was the Dbox 1.5” gen 3 system. I just upgraded to the Sigma DK6. It was the right time and the planets aligned (rally has been my genre of choice for a while, the Sigma HW has evolved, their software is more refined, and there is more comprehensive game support).

I can’t review the system yet because I haven’t owned it long enough to do a legit review. But I can say that this is one big, beefy, solid system. I have a pretty heavy rig (over 300lbs), and I am a heavier guy. That meant that in addition to making sure my 80-20 rig (thanks advanced sim racing!) was super-reinforced, I needed to make sure that any motion system I purchased could handle at least as much weight and stress as the dbox system. So far it’s a non-issue, and I am confident in what I am seeing and feeling. In fact, the increase in motion agility is putting the Kirkey metal seat that my Gseat is made of to the test. I need to break out the lubricant for the squeaks at the assembly points! Then again, maybe I will leave it be as those squeaks have an organic element to them, as if I were in a real car .

When I do comment, I will comment not only on how the motion system itself is working, but also how well it integrates with other systems to create a holistic experience (this includes gseat and belt, wind, and soundtrack based haptics).

Last edited:
Quick note to Peter, Arthur, and Howard!

I am looking forward to Forza series support. The reason is that when people have come over, there is a 50/50 split between people who love sim racing from moment one and those that are just totally overwhelmed with the experience of Iracing or ACC, etc. In addition to enjoying a break for something lighter myself, it’s great to have a simpler experience for first-timers.

Based on my experience with motion so far, games like GT Legends from codemasters are a complete motion dud that no motion system can save. Forza Horizon 4 and 5, on the other hand, have felt very very alive! Very enjoyable! I hope it continues with Motorsport 8. My assumption is that Microsoft’s experience working directly with motion manufacturers early to promote motion had they effect of laying a motion foundation for the series,
and I hope they don’t rip that functionality out of future releases (Microsoft has been quiet about such partnerships since Forza 3, but Horizon 4/5 show the functionality is still there)

In either case, the sheer variety of types of driving you can do in the series is a blast. There is nothing like going off on a Lego curb in Lego land ).

Last edited:
Quick note to Peter, Arthur, and Howard!

I am looking forward to Forza series support. The reason is that when people have come over, there is a 50/50 split between people who love sim racing from moment one and those that are just totally overwhelmed with the experience of Iracing or ACC, etc. In addition to enjoying a break for something lighter myself, it’s great to have a simpler experience for first-timers.

Based on my experience with motion so far, games like GT Legends from codemasters are a complete motion dud that no motion system can save. Forza Horizon 4 and 5, on the other hand, have felt very very alive! Very enjoyable! I hope it continues with Motorsport 8. My assumption is that Microsoft’s experience working directly with motion manufacturers early to promote motion had they effect of laying a motion foundation for the series,
and I hope they don’t rip that functionality out of future releases (Microsoft has been quiet about such partnerships since Forza 3, but Horizon 4/5 show the functionality is still there)

In either case, the sheer variety of types of driving you can do in the series is a blast. There is nothing like going off on a Lego curb in Lego land ).
Agreed. BeamNG is our current fun 'break' from the more serious titles.

" Based on my experience with motion so far, games like GT Legends from codemasters are a complete motion dud that no motion system can save. " brutal, but true. Let us give it a go. ;-)

Added Forza Motorsports 8 to our Software Roadmap. Thanks! https://www.sigmaintegrale.com/pages/software-roadmap

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 71 29.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Forum trophies