Authorised Vendor DK Sigma Motion System | USA Made

Attachments

• 1679410574113.png
    1679410574113.png
    641.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
New Software Update (2.1.147.1) is released and out in the wild. To upgrade your software, just reboot the app. Thank-you to the BETA testers that helped us test this release!!! Much love!

Also included are some algorithm updates and minor fixes. Certain titles like iRacing should appear more sharp. If too sharp for your liking, please feel free to apply smoothing to some of the layers. Other titles that should sharper are Dirty Rally 2.0, F1 2021, F1 2022, KartKraft, rFactor2, DCS, XPlane 11 & 12.

After 1,5 years of driving with the early edition DK2, i upgraded to the DK2+ about a week ago.. So i thought it might be interesting for others to hear about the differences felt between the systems..
The DK2 was working well, and i havent had one single issue with it.. I have done _many_hours on it, probably 600h+, mostly iRacing road and DR2.0..
My rig has gotten a bit heavier (P1x with active belt and _many_ heavy shakers), but the DK2 still worked well.. The rear actuators was above ambient temps after use, but never really warm

The upgrade swap was super easy ofcourse, as i kept the cables in place.
Software was untouched, profiles/settings where left the same for the first test, and everything worked just as when i removed the DK2.

Immediatly i noticed that the DK2+ was smoother mechanicly. I had one of the first verions of the DK2, and Sigma later upgraded the new systems to higher quality internals, so that was expected.
I also expected the DK2+ to be more powerfull/sharp, and it really is, but the sensation is different from how i expected it to be..
Curb hits feels more accurate (?!) , it’s like it’s less lag, even though it didnt feel any lag before.. More like that it ramping up/down speed faster.. But at the same time, the smoothness of the actuator, seems to soften this feel a bit in comparison to the old system.. So it’s doing the jerk movement faster and more precise, but without making it feel robotic/digital.. I think it must be magic

I’m not talking the old DK2 down as i was very happy with it as well, but the new quality ballscrew definently makes a difference, and i guess this would be a more fair comparison if i came from a updated DK2..

I also run a bit higher settings in the sw now than before.. A combination of algoritm differences and different feel between systems i guess, but all in all it’s like the DK2+ is more natural moving with higher settings than the DK2 was on my heavy rig.

And temp wize, even going HARD in BeamNG trophy truck in the desert, so hard that i see unclear for 6min laps, the actuator feels almost as cold as before i started driving..
No doubt the DK2+ is a more capable system..

All in all, i had doubts that i would notice much differences other than colder running motors and a bit smoother ballscrews, but i was wrong..
I definently like the new system better.. Worth the extra money? Hard call if you dont need the capacity, i think the updated DK2 systems are better than my old one, so i guess that would feel more similar.. But the differences i’m experiencing in my case, i would say yes!

But the fact that Sigma actually offers a trade-in upgrade deal, is a big deal i would say.. Never seen any companies do that before..

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 103 55.7%