Daytona 24h - best AC track option?

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
With the 24h race coming up - which is the best version to race the AI in Assetto Corsa with?

Is there one where mixed fields actually work well (GT3 + GT4) ?

Are you still searching? This is the Night version: <mod edit: you can add it in the resource manager>
The track is pretty good. The only thing is that the AI doesnt know how to exit or enter the pits :/ Besides that the AI is really strong and it looks good aswell
I have received the night version from a nice fella. I think it is the same you mention as in the youtube video above.

^^^
that version is really good.
simracewayrip but with higher polycount on road mesh / reworked textures etc.

problem is AI is messed up, they do weird adjustments on the banking go left and right

some of them are doing pit speed during laps.

Yes the track is quite solid - I like it.
If only the AI …

Does anyone know how to modify the curb rumble effect of the track?
This Daytona RC night version really shatters my CSWv2 when running the curbs.

Is this something new?
Where can I find out about this?
Basically you have to ENABLE the developer apps inside AC.
In order to do so, you have to go to: ..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
[AC_APPS]
ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1

if you set it to 1, you enable the developer apps. 0 to disable them.

The AI app lets you to play with the AI lines.
One is fast_lane.ai (purple line) and it's the best driving line.
One is pit_lane.ai (turquoise line) is for the pits. You basically drive your car from the first corner before the pit entrance, driving also inside the pitlane, to the first corner after the pit exit and then you save this line.

You basically start recoring first the driving line. Once you are happy, driving safely a smooth lap, you save ai file.
You will see the ai line recording button will stay red no matter what. You click it and then save ai button. Exit and go back to record the pit_lane driving line.

Once done, you will see in the ai folder inside the track you are editing, that there are two new files .candidate.
Those are the new driving lines. Rename the fast_lane.ai.candidate into fast_lane.ai.
Don't forget that if you just drive fast_lane, AC will create the pit_lane.ai.candidate file as well, but do not consider it since it's a dummy file (bigger file). Consider only the pit_lane.ai.candidate you actually created and saved (you will notice it's smaller file) and raname it into pit_lane.ai.

Have a look, before recording anything, how the lines are made in other tracks as well.
There are other parameters also, but honestly I don't know what ther are about. I leave them untouched.
Just remember AI cars driving is also affected by the track boundaries. So it might happen to see AI cars scratching the guard-rails if the ai driving line is too close to the guard rail (start/finish line) and the track boundaries are not set right, but outside the actual track. In this very case, you can set the ai line more towards the center, unless you can open the track in an editor and fix the track boundaries.

It should be everything.
Happy editing! :p:cool:

p.s.
@Joseph Maxx
I got the track ;) I will see if if I can fix myself the AI line once I have some spare time.

I would like to point out if the track surfaces are not setup properly the AI recording will never work to it's full potential. the track edge limit lines are almost as important as the main driving line. And unless the surfaces are setup properly the track edges will never record correctly.

I would like to point out if the track surfaces are not setup properly the AI recording will never work to it's full potential. the track edge limit lines are almost as important as the main driving line. And unless the surfaces are setup properly the track edges will never record correctly.
Yep,
I already tried editing the track a few days ago but the AI just wont work. They also never enter the pits and when they try to exit the pits in qualifying or practice they go straight onto the banks but with only 60 kp/h for ever...

Yep,
I already tried editing the track a few days ago but the AI just wont work. They also never enter the pits and when they try to exit the pits in qualifying or practice they go straight onto the banks but with only 60 kp/h for ever...

I found a pit_lane.ai for this track that works, comes from a version with the identical layout.
cars enter and exit the pits and there is NO SLOW DOWN?
How do i share this for those that want to try it? can't upload as a resource as i have no idea how to describe what version it is for.

The fast_lane.ai is no problem for me and quite strong , just a little jink here and there (maybe the drivers falling asleep at the wheel :))

I have taken the night version and turned into a day version as well by stripping out all the floodlight textures and the red neon glow of the ferris wheel.

Last edited:
Yep,
I edited the pit_lane.ai: I noticed during a replay, cars enter the pits and exit as they should.

As @LilSki said, it's the track editing itself the culprit for the wrong behavior of the AI in certain zones.
If you notice, when you edit the track AI line, nearby the finish line you will notice during a race that edited path doesn't follow a smooth line.

@RowanZa
Can you upload your ai lines to an hosting site and link it here?

This...but edges are not the problem, that's known and the surface layer...it's the mesh itself. It's garbage compared to what it could be.

Another possible reason for the ai going dilly on banked oval tracks is the way the right and left spline offsets are interpreted
by the game engine. For instance, on anticlockwise tracks the outer (right hand) spline is non existent or disappears below the surface as it enters the banking, this could be confusing the ai as to where the outer track limits are, thus causing the ai to randomly veer left or right or go crashing into the outer barrier
D1.jpg
D2.jpg
?

Another possible reason for the ai going dilly on banked oval tracks is the way the right and left spline offsets are interpreted
by the game engine. For instance, on anticlockwise tracks the outer (right hand) spline is non existent or disappears below the surface as it enters the banking, this could be confusing the ai as to where the outer track limits are, thus causing the ai to randomly veer left or right or go crashing into the outer barrierView attachment 170875 View attachment 170876 ?
Does the ai still work on mountain peak? I did the ai for that and back then the ai worked fine. Notice how the outside spline is about a foot away from the wall. That was one of the keys to make it work.

EDIT: Just tested mountain peak and it works 100% fine. Maybe even better than when I originally made it work.

EDIT 2: This is why they don't work right. You can't have the left line do anything like that. The AI thinks it can go towards pit road and then "OMG I CAN'T" and swerves back.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_daytona_rc_3-2-117-9-48-15.jpg

Then the outer line is OUTSIDE the freakin wall. the AI does NOT care about walls. It ONLY cares about the line. And if that line is outside the wall it thinks it can go there so it rubs the wall.
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_daytona_rc_3-2-117-9-48-44.jpg

This has EVERYTHING to do with the track surface setup and not AC AI. Also the proper way to record a pit line is start while in last turn, drive through pits, drive past T1 and stop recording. Unlike the main line the Pit line recording you have to start AND stop. Do not drive a full lap for pit line. This takes literally 2 seconds to figure out by turning on AI app for ANY kunos track.

EDIT 3: Sorry for the rant but I am a bit tired of sounding like a broken record.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back