Daytona 24h - best AC track option?

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
With the 24h race coming up - which is the best version to race the AI in Assetto Corsa with?

Is there one where mixed fields actually work well (GT3 + GT4) ?

To clarify about the request - I am talking about the Daytona sports car racing circuit, not the oval layout.
I take it there is no official mod out there so far?

I still remember racing the Gran Turismo Daytona sports car track every time the endurance race was coming up ;-)

I'm using one that's in this video:

Seems decent I guess. Only one replay camera and it's terrible.
Kind of a toss up as to which one is worse. Both are horrible conversions. But the one in that video might have a more accurate layout. It is a shame as there is LiDAR data available for Daytona so you could make a very accurate version of it pretty easily. I Just never cared for Daytona in anything other than a stock car which we don't have so it won't be done by me.

However I would be willing to build the base track if someone else wanted to build all the buildings and scenery.

The one in the video is ripped from Simraceway. (which is supposedly based off of scan data).
Yeah I had a hunch it was an SRW track as I drove that version a lot when I played SRW. It's pretty badly done though. The groove is probably the worst I have ever seen. But if you are looking for an accurate layout indeed that would be the one to use.

It would be interesting to lay that track over the lidar data to see how it matches up.

daytona.jpg

i found one last night, looks very similar to the one in the video but without the dark groove line.
can't comment on track accuracy but is fairly smooth (not nearly as bad as the one posted here at RD)
it has working pit lane and fast lane ai splines (the race ai is actually quite strong) the only drawback
is that the start is an absolute mess, the cars line up at all different angles but once they all get going
the racing is ok, on occasion some of the ai also tend to slow down as they approach the start/finish line.

there was a problem with some ai crashing into the inside wall at turn 1 as you come off the oval which
i have fixed by pulling the spline a little wider into turn 1.

Are you still searching? This is the Night version: <mod edit: you can add it in the resource manager>
The track is pretty good. The only thing is that the AI doesnt know how to exit or enter the pits :/ Besides that the AI is really strong and it looks good aswell

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back