1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars Dallara FX/17 0.1

Fictional lightweight track-day car designed for Assetto Corsa.

1. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    garyjpaterson submitted a new resource:

Dallara FX/17 - Fictional lightweight track-day car designed for Assetto Corsa.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 4
  2. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Skinning/Texturing Templates available here.

I've included a text document trying to explain what texture does what - its not the most logical system, but it gets the job done. Apologies for the awful mapping, the odd shape combined with my lack of skill makes it tricky to work with - the Transit should be better ;)

Any questions, just ask!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Tom Blackett

Tom Blackett

Ratings:
    +89
    Great work Gary! Thanks!

• Love Love x 1
  4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie

Ratings:
    +1,092
    Awesome! Thank you! You just made my Thursday feel like a Friday :D :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  5. NightEye87

NightEye87

Ratings:
    +211
    Awesome!
    The sound is great. Just like riding a bike. And the little exhaust pops. Nice!
    Visually stunning. I had imagined that checkerboard stuff to be carbon fibre so that was a bit of a surprise :p
    The HUD rpm lights appear very dull (washed out). It might be because I'm currently forced to run at very low settings. When getting away from the sun they also iluminate making the LEDs impossible to see.
    20170216203809_1.jpg
    The exhaust flame looks a bit small when seen from behind.

No big problems ofcourse, but worth mentioning. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some driving to do :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Definitely worth mentioning! :thumbsup: Will look into them for the next update (hoping to not do loads of little updates, rather do few bigger ones, as nobody is going to bother downloading them all :laugh:)!

Cheers

7. darkyjoe

darkyjoe

Ratings:
    +552
    This is so funny. Waiting for template

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  8. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Will upload it tomorrow :) Lovely pics!

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. norbs

norbs
    That cams guy. Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    [​IMG]

Only little issue I have (probably a fix, didnt read any documentation) is MPH on the dash. :)

Otherwise, hot damn, that is fun.

10. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Ah, i meant to sort that before release but forgot! I know some cars digital speedos change with the user, so I'll l make it do that for the next update :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. darkyjoe

darkyjoe

Ratings:
    +552
    :whistling:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +285
    First of all: Many Thanks for your great work :thumbsup:
    Awesome 3D model and nice details. It drives complete different as I've expected, more tricky but its really fun to drive your space creation. :)
    Its a pleasure to drive it with RealHeadMotion and see the suspension work :inlove:
    Your To do list and some comments above are exactly what I would suggest as improvements for your car to make it perfect. :geek:
    Also great work regarding the showroom animations. (The wings left and right are functional or just eye candy?)

There is only one thing that makes me stop to driving your car atm. The sound.
    Its really great sometimes but there is a really annoying frequency at speed. Its sound like tinnitus and unhealthy. Especially on the left ear. I've tried it with Sades SA903 7.1 headset and also with very good inears from AKG to be sure the issue is not on my side. Both produce the same scary frequency. :confused:

Keep up your awesome work :thumbsup:
    Thank You :inlove:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    What is this? Looks like dinosaur scales or something, I love it! :D

The left and right active cooling ducts are functional in a sense that they open on close based on a few different parameters to balance between drag and cooling capacity - but cosmetic in that there is no cooling functionality in AC. But they do effect drag, but very marginally :)

I'll pass on your points about the SFX, personally i haven't had any problems though.

Appreciate all the feedback guys :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. darkyjoe

darkyjoe

Ratings:
    +552
    Just a test with a snakeskin texture.:rolleyes:

This car accepts a thousand skin options:inlove:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +285
    @garyjpaterson: Thanks for your quick reply. Very strange with the sound :O_o: Anyone else have the same strange sound sometimes. Maybe the issue is really on my side :thumbsdown:

16. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Have you tried listening to any videos? I'm not really sure what I'm listening out for, but this seems ok to me -

17. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +285
    Yes I've. It sounds similar to me on short tracks like in the video and there is no issue for me. I've tested also your car at Thomson Road Grand Prix by Fat-Alfie. The strange sound comes up on the long straights at higher speed and revs. Maybe its track related :thumbsdown:

18. NightEye87

NightEye87

Ratings:
    +211
    You're mentioning tinnitus, which usually is a very high pitched tone. Maybe most of us are too old (or have partied too much) to hear it :cry:
    I can't hear anything higher than about 14kHz..

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +1,846
    • Love Love x 2
  20. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +285
    Then it was not loud enough :whistling: