1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTD with Win7 and standard car and track

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Remco, May 25, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

I need some help. I did a clean install of win7 and now my rF keeps crashing. I can choose a car and a track, but when I press "load track", I get a crash to desktop. It has worked in years without any problems before the reinstall. I ran with trace=3 and found the following error message:

util.cpp 542: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcwindow, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ZR\SRGP\TEAM_GREEN\Misc\window.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ZR\SRGP\TEAM_GREEN\GRN_08window.dds, tex2=wcwindow.dds
    util.cpp 542: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcwindow, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ZR\SRGP\TEAM_GREEN\GRN_08window.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ZR\SRGP\TEAM_GREEN\Misc\GRN_08window.dds, tex2=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ZR\SRGP\TEAM_GREEN\GRN_08window.dds
    gamestats.cp 906: RaceCast Location set to: racecast.rfactor.net
    util.cpp 542: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcwindow, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\VENOM\RC2\DUISBURG\Duisburg_69window.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\VENOM\RC2\DUISBURG\Misc\Duisburg_69window.dds, tex2=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\VENOM\RC2\DUISBURG\Duisburg_69window.DDS

Anyone an idea about what could be the issue ? I saw an other topic here describing this issue, but the topic was closed without the solution :-\

2. Magnus Dahlgren

Magnus Dahlgren
    Premium Member

Try reinstall rFactor! As you can see there are tons of game-files missing, so nothing wrong with your Windows.