Crown Vic

• fordlover

I'm having problems getting it to load in Zmod, it won't load. I have uploaded the .3ds file if some nice person would like to complete the next step or troubleshoot for me. Thanks again for your help.

• fordlover

Yes, those are the programs I have been using. It keeps saying zmodeler can't open this file.

• fordlover

I'm on apple leopard and windows xp (racer doesn't run if your running bootcamp).

• fordlover

It still isn't liking it, it keeps on saying "not a z3d file" even when I tell it to import.

• fordlover

Yes, I have tried importing other models in from blender and other sources. none of these attempts were successful and all resulted in that message. I even tried using the other 3ds file format that blender allows "exportation" as. same message, the strange thing is it allows z3d files into zmod unscathed. I was wondering if anyone could try with my model see if they get the same results?

Ah your exporting from Blender as a 3ds, as I recall that can be quite problematic, as when blender exports as 3ds, 3ds max is the only thing able to read the file. I usually use lwo, or obj (zmod can't open obj just fyi, I use another program to convert it to something zmod can open)

• fordlover

so if I convert it to .lwo it will work?
"**** you holmes"

I found it easier to export from Blender directly if you have the model, there are a couple tricks to using the exporter I had though - it only exports objects on layer 1 and they need some mapping option applied (I forget what it is, I don't have access to Blender atm). If you check the Racer downloads here I think there's a newer exporter with a GUI to help.

• fordlover

OK. I'll give that a try and then figure out what's next. Thanks!

• fordlover

Sorry for not getting back to you guys recently but I've been doing a job-shadow program with the local police department. It still isn't liking the file, I think it's because blender is on my mac and I can't find a converter for my mac partition. Any suggestions???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back