Cross track problem, give me cut track warning

Hi all

I make a track with cross track, i make a bridge to cross them.

When test the track in rfactor and cross the bridge ( up level) give me cut track warning. any help..?

sorry my english..

i've managed to do this crossing, i deleted the control points from both sides of the bridge, top and bottom. Then the corridors dropped to right place. Once i made a very small "hole" in the bridge just drop that one control point down, duplicate texture, assigned it as not driveable, no BTB ground...Ugly but it worked. If you don't touch the AIW button in BTB after that, you can assign the "hole" back as "drivable". But if you touch that AIW button, BTB calculates everything back again. Not a solution, more a workaround.

ow that i read that, it's simple, make a material change in the road at the problem place, assign it as not driveable material, do the AIW and revert changes..

What i never solved was the small brake/turn that AI cars made at that spot, nothing showed on BTB but a straight line. But who cares about AI, it has no feelings..

I like BTB's AIW editor, I just wish it had a couple of more features like the rF tool has & maybe a little more control over how lines join up when joining multiple point-to-point tracks/routes into a circuit
I prefer the BTB editor mainly because if a line is wrong I can go back & 'tweak' just that part & it doesnt 'skitz-out' at long lap tracks...
If there was a stand alone BTB AIW tool that could also do tracks AFTER they'd been finished, I'd pay for a whole new license again without blinking twice!

Bezier curves instead cardinals in the AIW editor, that is all.. That way we would have total control on both sides from the control point, wouldn't have to add more points to a perfect long line when that hairpin arrives so that it would not crimp over itself, you all know what i'm talking about; 700m from point 1 to point 2 and then try to make 30m from point2 to point 3 and 4 and another 700m 4 -> 5.. Disturbances new points creates in the Force ;)

EDIT: We shape the road with bezier curve, it just hit me that using cardinal in the racingline is never going to work. At best it's adequate as those two methods just won't mathematically mix.. And we drive bezier in the track too, racinglines are not always (read: never) shaped symmetrically.... And the bezier curve is already coded, we can change the tracks to cardinal/bezier...And it converts from one method to the next so you can have cardinal centerline/corridors and bezier racingline.... So? Good idea or not?

Hello Kenneth,
sorry but I did not understand anything ..... I am not very experienced.
Would require a simple quid with video tutorials
What I realized is that there is no one correct way to solve the problem.
With BTB you can not make crossings with bridges.
The problem is solved with personal arrangements ....
There is even a video tutorial in the official site of BTB.
RaceDepartment you can suggest to turn the problem directly to the inventor of BTB??
Thank you.
Fabio (ITA)

Don't mind that last post, it was not helpfull and off-topic. I described how in the future the AIW tools should be made. I just know that in suzuka, the AI doesn't brake in the crossing so it is solvable. Or at least, they don't seem to brake in Suzuka so it's manageable in the game. Keep digging, we may get the answer..

WoW!!!
I think I've solved!
First you must uncheck BTB Ground, then only part that interested in the intersection, you must delete all the nodes in the upper track and remove all the ground around the bridge.

If falling walls or guard rails which are at the top, you must uncheck Rest en Ground. Or remove the ground responsible for the fall of objects.
Under the bridge remain on the side of the track of the holes, just widen the track only at that point.
So everything is working and the car does not slow down more.
I hope this helps.
Hello.
Fabio.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back