Creating AI lines

F_B

Premium
Hi there,

as I’d like to create my own AI lines can somebody please provide a step by step guide how to create a good AI line + AI pit?

Thanks for helpful answers.

DISCLAIMER: I have not worked with the latest AI to see if I have to change my methods. But prior to 1.7 this is what I did.

I like to make everything IS_VALID_TRACK=0 except for the racing surface for the recording process in the surfaces.ini. This includes all curbs, pit lane, runoffs, etc. You want to confine the AI to the racing surface only. The valid track areas define the outer edges of the AI spline.

Once done recording you can set the surfaces.ini back to how it was and the AI will continue to ignore the previously set invalid areas.

Also when recording on the first time around when you hit record the first time, I like to go very slow across the S/F line to make sure the line starts right at the line. That first lap is a throw away but you can continue to drive laps until you are happy with one. Once you are happy just exit the sim before you complete the next lap and it will save the line as a candidate.

I realize this thread was laid to rest long ago, but I have a question about making the pit ai path while all surfaces remain 'invalid' except for the main track surface. For the pitlane ai, should I reactivate the pitlane surface as valid or leave it invalid in the surfaces.ini?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.