Creating AI lines

F_B

Premium
Hi there,

as I’d like to create my own AI lines can somebody please provide a step by step guide how to create a good AI line + AI pit?

Thanks for helpful answers.

DISCLAIMER: I have not worked with the latest AI to see if I have to change my methods. But prior to 1.7 this is what I did.

I like to make everything IS_VALID_TRACK=0 except for the racing surface for the recording process in the surfaces.ini. This includes all curbs, pit lane, runoffs, etc. You want to confine the AI to the racing surface only. The valid track areas define the outer edges of the AI spline.

Once done recording you can set the surfaces.ini back to how it was and the AI will continue to ignore the previously set invalid areas.

Also when recording on the first time around when you hit record the first time, I like to go very slow across the S/F line to make sure the line starts right at the line. That first lap is a throw away but you can continue to drive laps until you are happy with one. Once you are happy just exit the sim before you complete the next lap and it will save the line as a candidate.

Honestly I know this is gonna come across lazy;)

But exactly the same process as Lilski explained above only difference for me is when recording I first created a sort of dummy perfect line for my self as a visual guide (saved as ideal_line.ini of the top of my head).
I drove this fairly slowly while trying to imagine the perfect apex points etc). And then just record the ai line proper by going at it as fast as possible but just inside the limit

Trouble is I suck. And I suppose this is the point were it all falls down for me.

I would love it if you guys wanted to try and record a super fast new ai line for masduclos. I would happily send you the track with all the surfaces set as Lilski stated

Ps beware the threads on the official forum. They are packed full of info and super helpful. But I ended up scratching my head a long time over the pit lane line after reading lots of different techniques. The best results I found to work for me are

Once your happy with your main ai line. Quit the track and then restart . Start the Ai app so you can see your new line in blue. Now get your car at least 100m back on the track from your pit entrance and park your car bang on centre on top on the blue ai line. Now hit record pit line and drive clean following your blue line until the pit lane entrance, in through the pits taking the line the cars should follow through the pit lane, then straight out without stopping getting as cleanly you can back onto your blue line, keep going (important) follow the blue line as close as possible for maybe 250-300 meters (in my case at least around the first corner. Hit stop recording. Rename the candidate file and review your work

Last edited:

F_B

Premium
Thanks for your comments, guys.
Now from what you tell it sounds a bit more complicated than just using the AI ingame app, drive a few laps while recording the AI lines, especially something like IS_VALID_TRACK=0. Or is this just an optional thing which is within the KS editor?

Another question: is it of any relevance which type of car i use?

Thanks for your comments, guys.
Now from what you tell it sounds a bit more complicated than just using the AI ingame app, drive a few laps while recording the AI lines, especially something like IS_VALID_TRACK=0. Or is this just an optional thing which is within the KS editor?

Another question: is it of any relevance which type of car i use?

if you can get your hands on 3dsimed, you can do the re-naming thing easy in there, without the editor, its a little clunky for me but opens up KN5 Files quick,and saves direct back to KN5.

To be fair i have recorded ai lines for mod tracks myself (i should share really) because the originals didn't work or whatever, without re-naming, and they certainly work ok for me, i think i just made sure i stayed clean and well inside the kerbs, it seems like the ai push wider anyhow.

i would just start that way first, find a mod track were the ai is screwed, make back ups, and just experiment, you never know you could become the ai expert;)

as far as the Car, my logic and please correct my if wrong, was to go average. i always seem to plum for BMW M3 DTM

Reactions: F_B
Hola, una pregunta ... ¿alguien sabe por qué la caja no parece comenzar a grabar la línea de carreras en mi PC? Sólo veo la foto pequeña, si alguien puede ayudarme, lo agradecería ...
Una pregunta más, ¿hay alguna otra manera de crear allí?

I'm trying to make an AI path fot the mod track Moscow Raceway, but all the left rows at start are frozen for every car I use. I tried to googling the issue, but I can't reach a solution. Any hint?

Last edited:

F_B

Premium
I'm trying to make an AI path fot the mod track Moscow Raceway, but all the left rows at start are frozen for every car I use. I tried to googling the issue, but I can't reach a solution. Any hint?

Did you try fixing side lines with Esotics AI Line Helper? Check it here.

It’s a great tool to define new boundaries for tracks. Might be worth a look.

It’s easy to use and sometimes can fix the AIs behaviour if the original track boundaries are somewhat wrong/too complex or not clear enough.

I give up... :( I'm mot an early user but I don't know why I'm not seeing any changing to the left side of the track.
The left .csv has been created correctly, but even if I load the track with SHIFT holded, I can't see any change, nor YELLOW lines. :(

I give up... :( I'm mot an early user but I don't know why I'm not seeing any changing to the left side of the track.
The left .csv has been created correctly, but even if I load the track with SHIFT holded, I can't see any change, nor YELLOW lines. :(
do the recording in hotlap and try again and make sure both csv sides are done first and an existing pitlane ai exists also to be safe ;)

Last edited:
Ok. It's almost done. The right side was missing. My fault.
Now all cars take the start, but the red lines are "trapped".
Esotic is guiding me on support thread. :)

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2017.11.17 - 14.19.39.10.jpg

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%