1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cortina vs Mini Challenge @ Warwick Farm - 29th June 2008

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Warren Dawes, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

The FWD vs RWD battle resumes again at RaceDepartment.
    Another GTL event, this time lets make it a challenge match. Which was superior in the classic cars? The quick and lively Lotus Cortina, or the nimble handling Mini Cooper S?
    A little while ago, Andy planned a race at Warwick Farm, a classic Aussie raceway that has since been closed. It is new to GTL but is a very scenic and well made track. Many of you got a chance to try it before the event was changed, and requested we schedule an event there.
    So here it is. The track is tight and suits the smaller cars so we will run TC-65's, but let's make a challenge match out of it.

The two most popular cars racing at Warwick Farm back then were Lotus Cortina's and Mini's.

Cortina vs Mini Challenge

Event details
    Game: GT Legends
    Date: Sunday 29th of June 2008
    Server: RaceDepartment.com
    Car: Lotus Cortina, Austin Cooper S
    Skins: Default only
    Circuit: Warwick Farm (Here)
    Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
    Practice: 19:30, 30 mins
    Qualifying: 20:00, 30 mins
    Race: 20:30, 28 lap race

Server settings
    Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
    Weather: Dry
    Failures: Normal
    Pitstops: No compulsory pitstops
    In-game start time: 1100

Which team do you want to drive for, RWD Cortina or FWD Mini. Please sign up for your favourite team below.
    ***Please note: We want an equal number of each car if possible, so try to keep the numbers similar.

1 Simon Bacon
    2 Dave Gardner
    3 Traumatic
    4 Gaynall Hudgins
    5 Leeroy998

1 Warren Dawes
    2 Andy Marsden
    3 Hans Sneep
    4 David Cuthill
    5 Broxman
    6 Boss X

2. sign me up plz with the mini. thx warreen for giving us the choise to pit or not to pit:jumping: .it should be a good 1
  3. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Sign me up please Warren, I'll take the Cortina.
  4. i changed my mind i"ll go for the cortina to make it more intresting
  5. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Ok, I was going to wait to see which team needed me, but I'll kick off the Mini team first.
    C'mon, who's going to help us Mini drivers. Hint Jerome???
  6. cortina please
  7. Mini for me I think! :thumb:

8. A Cortina for me please!:D

But, come race day if we need to even it up I can run either!
  9. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Warren, sign me up with the Mini, to make it even .......

10. can you sign me up to a cortina, thanks
  11. if it is at all possible i would like to join in a cortina please, but if needed i can do a mini as they are just as fun.

12. Sign me with the mini please :D
  13. Sign me up

I am getting a little confused here @ RD, I spotted what I thought was only one race on Sunday nights (Aus time), Race07 and have signed up for it, but now I find this GTL race, (earlier too may get both in), am I confused or is this 'so far, so good"?
  14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yep we probably have confused you, but look closely at the times. :D

This GTL Event is scheduled to suit our normal European timezones, actually 5.30AM Monday (Oz time) for Practice. Most of our events are directed to Euro timezones, but we have started the Oceania Group to cater to our Oz timezone.

We tricked you by having this particular GTL event on an Aussie track, maybe??:)

All of our races here are scheduled using GMT to avoid any problems with timezone and Daylight Saving Time issues.

So in the Aussie world, the Oceania Event is Sunday night, and this GTL event is Monday morning. Clear as mud??

Do you still wish to sign up for this one, are you insane like me and prepared to race in the wee hours of the morning?
  15. Thanks Warren, finally getting familiar with the site, thanks to you.
    As much as I would like to join this event, will have to wait for retirement!
    So scratch me, I will try not to create too much more 'noise'.
  16. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Please keep asking, your questions will most likely help others. :)
  17. Well i'm confirmed for this event, managed to sort the problem i've been having with some add-on tracks! Turned my Shadows setting down to medium and thats fixed it!
    See you all on Sunday! :thumb:
  18. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Good news Andy, because you should enjoy this track, it's rather nice.

C'mon guys, where are you all. I need some more support for my Mini team to give these Cortina's some hurry-up. ;)
  19. Sign me up please with a Mini :)
  20. sry guys w'ont be able to make it to the race tomorrow. have a good race
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.