Cortina vs Mini Challenge @ Warwick Farm - 29th June 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
The FWD vs RWD battle resumes again at RaceDepartment.
Another GTL event, this time lets make it a challenge match. Which was superior in the classic cars? The quick and lively Lotus Cortina, or the nimble handling Mini Cooper S?
A little while ago, Andy planned a race at Warwick Farm, a classic Aussie raceway that has since been closed. It is new to GTL but is a very scenic and well made track. Many of you got a chance to try it before the event was changed, and requested we schedule an event there.
So here it is. The track is tight and suits the smaller cars so we will run TC-65's, but let's make a challenge match out of it.

The two most popular cars racing at Warwick Farm back then were Lotus Cortina's and Mini's.

racingcortina4400cd0.jpg

Cortina vs Mini Challenge

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Sunday 29th of June 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Lotus Cortina, Austin Cooper S
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Warwick Farm (Here)
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 19:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 20:00, 30 mins
Race: 20:30, 28 lap race

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: No compulsory pitstops
In-game start time: 1100

Which team do you want to drive for, RWD Cortina or FWD Mini. Please sign up for your favourite team below.
***Please note: We want an equal number of each car if possible, so try to keep the numbers similar.

Signups

Cortina

1 Simon Bacon
2 Dave Gardner
3 Traumatic
4 Gaynall Hudgins
5 Leeroy998

Mini

1 Warren Dawes
2 Andy Marsden
3 Hans Sneep
4 David Cuthill
5 Broxman
6 Boss X

Reserves

Well please count me in but I don't know if I'll be able to make it.. 'cause of possible extra time and so on.....
SUGGESTION: Why don't we set the start time of the race 15 minutes later that everybody is able to watch EC and at least can make the race.

• Andy Marsden

That could work as Top Gear is on here in the UK from 1900-2000 GMT+1 so that way I could watch it and only miss 15mins of practice :)

Ok! The Cortina's were too good for the Mini's but we tried hard. Next time we need a tighter track, that damn straight was a bit too long and let the Cortina's stretch their legs on us.
Well done to the Cortina team, taking P1 to P4, I managed to be first Mini home in P5. I may have been able to hold Kevin out but was taken out by one of my own Mini team :eek: Obviously we didn't have team tactics. ;)

Congratulations to Leeroy for the win and to Ben and Dave for the podium.
Thanks to all who raced, it was a better turnout and once again, a hell of a lot of fun.

• Andy Marsden

Not a particularly good race for me but nevermind.

QUALIFY
Not too bad, got myself mid-grid with 8th, got a good flow with the Mini.

RACE
Poor start as I didnt get a decent jump out of my box, slipped down to 10th. Managed to regain 8th though errors on my part and the faster Cortinas dropped me back down to 10th. Stayed there up until lap 23 when I passed Gaynall after he fell off the track only to loose the same position to him at turn one the next lap where I got a bit too agressive and nearly cut him up, apologies there and sorry for being a bit rude in chat, heat of the moment stuff and not my usual attitude! Anyway after this incident I couldn't find anymore pace and stayed 10th until the finish.

OVERALL
Poor race for me, I think I chose the wrong car as I find the Minis pretty pants against more powerful cars, maybe on a more technical circuit they would show their true worth but for now i'm not touching one with a 10 foot pole! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back