Concept car competition?

• Tiberius

Sorry guys, I'm out - I entered three times in the past and never got anything finished for any of them. I just don't have the time or inspiration any more, have way too much stuff here to finish already. Good luck to everyone though.

I was going to suggest another competition in a couple of weeks, only I wanted to do supercars...I have a few nice ideas.

Cam, that reminds me - the other day I came accross the old model I was making for your sports hatchback comp back in 2008 - don't want to hijack this thread with screenshots but you can see the ingame shots on my Photobucket here. Just chucked a shader on to see how it would look ingame. It's really alpha stage stuff but you could kinda see where it would have gone. I did get a bit further in Blender and did start the interior, but didn't get that version into Racer.

But a V4 engined RWD car with full contrast piped leather interior and wood veneer wouldn't exactly fit into the budget of a low end family car, so I can't use it for this one..

Maybe another idea for a future competition would be to make a really budget car, something like a utility car for under $2,500. Or just a competition for a car which had to have some novel design features, material for construction etc. Would throw out some interesting possibilities, I'd be thinking 1000cc radial 2 stroke 5 cyl engine with single gear clutchless transmission, bodyshell made from bamboo and doped canvas, (would love to see what NCAP made of that in crash tests, hehe :tongue:). Basically just turning 100 years of automotive convention on its head just for the fun of it :rolleyes:

My original idea for this competition was basically a box van made of plywood but I decided it couldn't pass the safety requirements, mostly for being ridiculously dangerous in a crash.

I got the body done in record time, though. Flat sheets are easy to model. Lol. I would have used old train tracks for the frame rails... no pun intended.

Attachments

• boxvan.jpg
    boxvan.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 266
My original idea for this competition was basically a box van made of plywood but I decided it couldn't pass the safety requirements, mostly for being ridiculously dangerous in a crash.

I got the body done in record time, though. Flat sheets are easy to model. Lol. I would have used old train tracks for the frame rails... no pun intended.

MUHAUHAUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA ROFL!

great ideia, i must say!

• Tiberius

Heheh, you get the idea. A bit like those shows where they give two teams a pile of scrap and tell 'em to make a machine out of it. A bit like an automotive Robot wars but with scrap lumber..

Whats wrong with a plywood car/ There was one made in England years ago that was a great sports car but had a limited market. I can't remember the name of it.

There were a few, I think I know the one you mean but can't remember at the moment :rolleyes:

Morgan used to build cars out of wood in the early days, Bristol (I think?) used Ash for chassis building.

Most of Helica's designs were wood too, as I remember?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back