1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concept car competition?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by 2o6, Mar 3, 2010.

1. 2o6

You guys want to have another? It seems like it would be nice. We could have something simple.
  2. KS95

RACER Moderator

Have you finished your car from the last one yet? :p (jk)

I'd love to see another one, I might even have a go :p
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I'm up for that. I have already made the car I wanted to do and I don't know what to do next:D Would be a nice way to improve my modeling
  4. i vote for urban electric car!
  5. how about a pick up truck, hasn't been done yet.

(because frankly if we did an ubran electric car mine would end up being hydrogen anyways)
    But I'd be in for the next one, if I liked the idea lol, hopefully I'd be able to complete the model in time lol
  6. What about a sedan competition?
  7. I'd also like to join, always waited for a new competition and finaly a reason to start modeling my cars :)
    I'll take any challenge, even I dislike urban electric cars.
  8. I guess I'd be in as well. Wouldn't really care about the theme either.
  9. I agree! since i have 70% bpm pickup undone lol
  10. 2o6

let's do something quick and relatively easy.

How about a "budget" low cost car that can be in any bodystyle? It doesn't have to be that detailed, and everyone could get it done pretty quick.

- No more than 115HP

- 2WD (FWD or RWD, put the engine wherever you like)

- Seats at least three

It could be a Minivan, a Pickup, a hatchback, a sedan, whatever you like.
  11. I liked these rules 2o6!

May can add another rules like it:

- 2wd (FWD only) front engine.

- 125hp max. 95hp min.

- 4cyl or less. (diesel or petrol) cm³ range (1.0 to 1.8)

- with or without turbo. Example.: 1.2T or 1.8 N/A

- 5 seats

- I prefer to rule only one kind of bodystyle.. maybe a little sw or something like this, but any proposal (luxury, cheap, sports, hybrid..)

- rear fog lights for european market :p
  12. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Sounds good 2o6!

BTW how long does one round last?
  13. Dunno if I want to make my first 3d car be a low budget one. But if these will be the rules I'm in and, yeah, let's see.
    What about a rule for max length, like around 4,2 meters?
  14. I'll join if there's enough time.

I'd prefer a clear theme with some rules for power, size and capability. Not too strict about the engine type and position, so people can get creative.

Offroad vehicles would be interesting as a theme, but Racer's physics aren't very suitable for them. There's a lack of offroad tracks too. Maybe we'd need a contest for that too? :biggrin:

Edit - Also, there was a thread on RSC about a competition for race cars in some class, like touring or rally cars. Many people were interested in joining, but nothing came of it.
  15. KS95

RACER Moderator

This sounds like the rules the designer of the original Mini was given lol. I do like the budget small car idea, get an "official" thread with the rules soon!
  16. maybe 2 months can bem enough, i don't know!
  17. 2o6

Ok, I'll start a new thread for the rules.

This shall be fun.
  18. -any choice of drivetrain other than AWD, so FWD or RWD.

-closer to 250hp max the min is fine by me though.

-6 cylinders or less (petrol or diesel) with 4.0l being the biggest size you can have.

-I'd say with or without forced induction incase someone wants to supercharge their car.

-5 seats I'll agree with

-body style could be pickup like I mentioned before (have a start on a concept truck anyways). but I'd like the idea of a wagon as well. and I agree that it can be luxury, cheap, sporty, or hybrid.

-and I'd say the creator has to make it legal to drive in their own country.:tongue:

I'd be in for something like that lol.
  19. KS95

RACER Moderator

250bhp is way too much, these aren't hot hatches you'know ;) And I think for that 4 cyls is fine and F.I should be little, like max 8psi.