codename "Jakob"

• Jon Marjanen

Might have something to do with these hot rod Volvos... also known as Jakobs:

6802_mid.jpg

• Jon Marjanen

Yes I just noticed. That'll teach me to read the thread before posting :p

By the way I'd like to third that Le Mans idea... That would be really awesome. They could include ALMS and some of their support series as well.

I think Simbin probably used the name Jakob on purpose to make people think it'll be a hot rod expansion lol.

• Mikkow

Seriously, how big is the market out there for fans of ancient volvo drag racers? I am extremely confident it won't be about some ultra rare old obscure drag racing car like that.

It is best to stop trying to make connections from the name. We looked at the old names and have made no reliable connections at all.

Instead, we should think about what licenses are out there and what they could do/afford/sell.

Seriously, how big is the market out there for fans of ancient volvo drag racers? I am extremely confident it won't be about some ultra rare old obscure drag racing car like that.

It is best to stop trying to make connections from the name. We looked at the old names and have made no reliable connections at all.

Instead, we should think about what licenses are out there and what they could do/afford/sell.

Don't think there will be a big market indeed. I also don't think it will be Volvo, since its so obvious I found Volvo in almost the first google hit on Jakob.
But on the other hand, why not? Wasnt the Vectra created because the team wanted it? Or so. And STCC was licensed by SimBin or asked by STCC organization.
Could be the same for Volvo to have their racing cars ingame. They are running the C30's in BTCC next year if I am correct.

• Mikkow

I'd love that too. But I think there's way too many tracks to be made and too many cars to be done, and then there's the issue of highly specialized environments/rules. For example, the endurance events, night racing etc. Comparatively, the IndyCar league is easier, even though it suffers from ovals.

• Mikkow

I read on nogrip forums, I think - one guy claimed that they had an anonymous simbin employee mention (so double hearsay here, for triple in your case) that the codenames have no relationship with the product, it's completely unrelated.

Should help us look logically at reasonable possibilities instead of making nutty name connections. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back