F1 2016 Codemasters Reveals First Footage of F1 2016

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1_2016_RD.jpg
The Codemasters F1 media channel have released three new videos of the upcoming Formula One 2016 video game, set for release on Xbox, Playstation and of course, PC.

The footage is primarily to do with hyping up not only the game but the new European Grand Prix in Azerbaijan due to take place this weekend. A controversial race not only for it's residing country's human rights record, but also because for the first time a Formula One race will clash with motorsports' biggest race: The Le Mans 24 Hours.

Whilst 'Tilkedromes' haven't gotten the best rap for producing exciting racing, this one actually looks very challenging and rewarding to drive. There are several undulation changes, a good mix of high and low speed corners and of course you cannot go past that massive - and I do mean massive - pit-straight: over two kilometres of full throttle.

The first video features both Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull Racing and Jolyon Palmer of Renault F1 talking about the new track and describing how F1 2016 has helped to prepare them for the coming race.

The second video features a commentated lap from Jolyon Palmer onboard his Renault F1 car from this season.

The final video provides us with Daniel Ricciardo's take on the circuit via (you guessed it) an onboard video.
Whilst much of the drivers testimonials are simply a means of marketing the game, the Codemasters F1 series can be helpful, at most, for learning the general layout of tracks. The reality is that the teams with their own in-house simulators will have access to a much greater amount of information regarding the Baku circuit than any publicly available video game could possibly provide. Rest assured, F1 2016 will not render Jolyon Palmer or Daniel Ricciardo more prepared than any other driver on the F1 grid.

Perhaps more importantly, Codemasters have left the details of the games' release date to the very end of the video; August 19th for UK customers. As for the players in other countries, well it's not known yet.

Do you like what you have seen so far with F1 2016? Will you be purchasing it on day one, or will you be waiting for user reviews? Let us know!

Last edited:
I don't think codemasters using past mods is a bad thing even if there is no credit going to us. We are here to "improve" the game right? I check my narcissism at the door everywhere I go.
I swear I have played a mod with the exact t-cam currently used with the Merc in 2016, could very well be yours gamer19, although there have been some excellent t-cam modders throughout the past several years that I've used.
The only issue I have IF they are using our mods is that it's lazy on their part, for example they could at least fine tune the t-cams to make them visually perfect with the in-house software they're using. :devilish:

Look, you're a hijacking this thread. This is so not about you. Read the title. Not to mention that you're spamming. (is this your first forum? posting after yourself is so ..outdated. use edit option)
And, I sincerely doubt that CM knows even for this site, even more for you and your shiny mods. Chill out. :)

they do not have rights to any mods, they need the moders authorization to use them, mods are mods, they are the sole property of the moder. here on race department when you post a mod, is for free download, and its considered public code like linux.. CAN NOT BE SOLD OR USED IN PAID SOFTWARE FOR PROFIT, UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY THE CREATOR, MEANING THE MODER.
if you post your mod on steam, steam will sell your mods at 50 50 split with steam. its intellectual property..
when cm takes the mod, and incorporates in their game, they are committing a criminal act, you can read this in steams terms about mods.
as a matter of fact, all steam owned games were previous mods that steam purchased from the moders and built games based on the mods them self's. for example counter strike and etc...

I just took a look at Steam, the total revenue that was made from selling mods on Steam, including F1 2014 mods, was 180 million dollars, of which 90 million was paid out to over 3 thousand moders.

like I said, mods are mods, they are your intellectual property.

I just took a look at Steam, the total revenue that was made from selling mods on Steam, including F1 2014 mods, was 180 million dollars, of which 90 million was paid out to over 3 thousand moders.

like I said, mods are mods, they are your intellectual property.
I couldn't care less about it being intellectual property. I care about the game being great.

I couldn't care less about it being intellectual property. I care about the game being great.

there are differences in type of mods, maybe you make simple mods, so who cares, some mods are full rebuilds, and those take 100s of hours of work, and these are the ones they are talking about.

stealing code, is not the way to make a game great.. if they are using stolen code, they should either pay the Modder, for creating it, or be thrown in jail. PERIOD. THIEVES ARE LOW LIFE GARBGE..

stealing code, is not the way to make a game great.. if they are using stolen code, they should either pay the Modder, for creating it, or be thrown in jail. PERIOD. THIEVES ARE LOW LIFE GARBGE..
You should really stop accusing people of such activities unless you back it up with verifiable facts. So go ahead, open a thread and 100% proof what you are claiming.

You should really stop accusing people of such activities unless you back it up with verifiable facts. So go ahead, open a thread and 100% proof what you are claiming.

here is a review from march 2nd 2016, obviously the new features already built in. prior to the review..
watch for your self, then tell me what you think, if CM took these ideas or not. here is your proof. it also has been listed on Indiegogo since last year for a free download..

Can I ask how you'd think I know seeing as the game is not out yet? If its anything like F1 2015 then it a 970 will easily run it at ultra.

Dude... it's a race game based on a existing engine, not a 4k reproduction of the solar system

Ok thank you guys.
I have seen that Recommended Requirements is GTX 980.
I hope to play at least high settings.

here is a review from march 2nd 2016, obviously the new features already built in. prior to the review..
watch for your self, then tell me what you think, if CM took these ideas or not. here is your proof. it also has been listed on Indiegogo since last year for a free download..

Please let it go. I'm tired of it. I've seen many of your posts and it simply isn't proof of anything. You don't have a code by code comparison, just let it go. I have made really complicated mods in the past, check my Sky Sports OSD HUD mod that required figuring out code that took me weeks. I on a personal level would be glad if I inspired them to resemble a more tv style approach to their OSD, it's certainly heading that way even more so with what I see with 2016. Cheers!

Last edited:
ACTUALY I DO HAVE THE ORIGINAL FILES AND I ALSO HAVE COPY RIGHTS ON IT... WHICH I FILED 8 MONTHS AGO...

AND YES, TO GET THOSE EFFECTS, YOU ONLY HAVE 1 CHOICE, IS TO USE THE NEW INSTRUCTIONS I CREATED, CHANGING VALUES, IS NOT A NEW FILE. EVEN WITH NEW VALUES THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE THE SAME..

<Mod Edit: Intentionally spreading falsities is against our Terms of Service. If you're going to make such a statement, you must back it up with some factual evidence, else it amounts to libel.>

Last edited by a moderator:
ACTUALY I DO HAVE THE ORIGINAL FILES AND I ALSO HAVE COPY RIGHTS ON IT... WHICH I FILED 8 MONTHS AGO...

AND YES, TO GET THOSE EFFECTS, YOU ONLY HAVE 1 CHOICE, IS TO USE THE NEW INSTRUCTIONS I CREATED, CHANGING VALUES, IS NOT A NEW FILE. EVEN WITH NEW VALUES THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE THE SAME.. <Mod Edit: Intentionally spreading falsities is against our Terms of Service. If you're going to make such a statement, you must back it up with some factual evidence, else it amounts to libel.>

fascinating :thumbsup:......:whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back