F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Revealed

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Reveal.png

Following recent leaked shots of the new Formula One racing game, Codemasters have finally made their official reveal of the latest instalment for the popular racing franchise.

Due for release on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) this summer, F1 2016 goes some way to addressing the many issues and missing details reported following the less than popular release of 2015's version of the game. In direct response to the outcry around dropping any kind of career mode within 2015, Codemasters promise the new game will feature "the most immersive career mode we’ve ever featured". Spanning an impressive 10 full seasons, the new career mode will include more focus on car development as players can directly influence the performance enhancing upgrades brought to the team over the course of a season. One assumes the relative performance of each team will rise and fall during the duration of a players career as your virtual world develops season on season.

One particular omission from the last game makes a welcome return to F1 2016 - the Mercedes Safety Car is back! Mirroring real life Formula One the new game will also include the use of a Virtual Safety Car alongside the traditional on track car and further as yet unannounced features to follow. Principal Game Designer Lee Mather said “With the re-introduction of the Safety Car as well as the addition of the Virtual Safety Car for the very first time, we are creating the most complete F1™ experience ever. This, combined with several features that are yet to be announced, should excite fans of the game and FORMULA ONE™.”

F1 2016 Reveal - Safety Car.jpg

Mather continued-

F1 2016 is a massive step forward for the franchise. The new career mode sits at the heart of the game and allows gamers to create their own legend over a career that can span for up to a massive ten seasons. Beyond improving upon the fastest and most thrilling on-track racing experience in gaming, F1 2016 uniquely offers the drama and vehicle development that goes on behind the scenes. A rich car upgrade system is fully integrated into a new and deep practice development programme which mirrors the tests carried out by the teams in real life.”

F1 2016 will feature all the teams, drivers and circuits of the 2016 Formula One World Championship including the new for 2016 street circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan. A new hospitality area feature in career mode makes its debut in F1 2016, adding further flavour for players wishing to immerse themselves in the world of Formula One. The team over at Codemasters have created a fully captured and voice-acted Research and Development Engineer and Player Agent to act as a central hub, where gamers earn Research and Development credits from the race sessions from to spend on upgrading their team's car.

It looks like Codemasters have made a considerable effort to rectify some of the mistakes and disappointments found in previous versions of the game as they aim to address a perceived decline in quality of recent Formula One titles over the last few years.

Let's hope 2016 lives up to expectations...

Check out our Codemasters F1 Series forum for news and discussion regarding F1 2016 and look back at previous title's from the series with all the best mods and setups.

F1 2016 Renault.jpg F1 2016 Reveal - Mclaren.jpg F1 2016 Reveal - Mercedes.jpg F1 2016 Reveal - Torro Rosso.jpg F1 2016 Sauber.jpg

Do you think F1 2016 will improve on previous versions, or is it more of the same? Looking forward to the release? instabuy? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
I always liked Sims more. Way more.

But i had F1 2010, 2012 and 2013. Probably the three best parts of the series from the reactions i heard from the other titles.

For having a fun group, quick and close racing it always was huge fun, either having a full league or just some private Last man Standing in Monaco.

2014 and 2015 looked buggy.
The screenshots here look quite decent, but screenshots dont mean anything i guess.

Never played the career, KI was always too slow and there was no atmosphere, but it seems that with Dev. points and more atmosphere it could be a different experience.
I dont get my hopes too high though, they somehow manage to mess up the game every year.

But Dirt Rallye was quite a surprise, too, soooo....

Looking forward to more news, but not sure if its worth buying

k_badam

Yer Nan
Do you think F1 2016 will improve on previous versions, or is it more of the same? I think it will improve over '14 and '15 but maybe not '13 as that one was pretty good.
Looking forward to the release? Not really.
Instabuy? No.

Mantas Jokubauskas

Casual Gamepad Enjoyer
I can add that there's some new things already mentioned by Codemasters:
1. Pit Boards. Yes, that's a thing in the new game, it was confirmed by the testers. Small details, but nice.
2. TIME OF DAY EDITOR. You'll be able to have races at different time (like Bahrain back in the daylight or Singapore in daylight etc).
3. Helmet editor. You can finally customize your helmet. We don't know the details yet.
4. Number selection - you'll select "driver avatar" and your number.

I probably forgot something but maybe other members may fill this list more.

Learned my lessons with '10, '11 and '12, corrupted save games in each and other annoying stuff (scripted laptimes etc). Unless reviews are very good, and I mean proper reviews, not the 0815 kind which praise a game without having any idea about the matter, I won't get it. Last 2 years showed that I can actually follow through with that (unlike FIFA, where I fail every year).

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
Learned my lessons with '10, '11 and '12, corrupted save games in each and other annoying stuff (scripted laptimes etc). Unless reviews are very good, and I mean proper reviews, not the 0815 kind which praise a game without having any idea about the matter, I won't get it. Last 2 years showed that I can actually follow through with that (unlike FIFA, where I fail every year).
I mod my FIFA everytime. Every 4 years a new FIFA is enough then.
:D I probably have the biggest FIFA on this planet :p

They lost my interest with 2012 when they cut the race weekend short (single practice session). 2010 was okay and finally brought F1 back to PC, but some bugs never got fixed and patch introduced new ones which they then denied fixing. 2011 might have been the best of the bunch (but I skipped because their 2010 bug handling meant I'd boycott them) and then I stopped caring.

A true 2016 all track all teams license done with full race weekends, marshalls, safety cars, tire and engine rules etc... it would be nice. But Codemasters has more than once shown they don't care about being true to the real sport. IF they pull a Dirt Rally out here it would be amazing, until then the ACFL Mod for Assetto Corsa is a pretty good substitute in many ways.

D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

Let's wait and see if this makes up for the last 3 years, and fix the issues from the past 6. If it comes out the first week of September maybe by October there'll be sufficient user reviews to judge it.

For my money, the last title that got it close to right was F1 2013 - solid simcade, gives you most everything what you want when you are in that mood.

I actually kind of liked how F1 2015 drove, but it was embarrassingly unfinished (even by today's low standards) for a name brand dev like Codemasters.

Codemasters is capable of making top-notch games - here's hoping they muster up some of that magic for F1 2016.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 104 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 146 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 89 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 47 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 53 9.6%
  • €3001-5000