F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Released

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016.jpg
Featuring all the official drivers, teams and tracks from the 2016 Formula One season, the release day for Codemasters latest Formula One iteration is finally here.

Making it's return to the series is the Safety Car, along with the newly implemented Virtual Safety Car (VSC) and a host of new and improved features such as manual starts and formation laps. Players will be able to create their own character, personalise their own helmet and choose a racing number for their career.

F1 2016 is the official video game of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and features the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks, including the brand new Baku circuit in Azerbaijan, and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, including the new Haas F1 Team.

Many fans believe this to be the true successor to the original F1 2010 game with a greater focus on "Living the Life", as players will have to deal with media commitments, driver contracts and emails. In addition to these welcome improvements comes far more engaging practice sessions as drivers will need to complete programs and goals for the Free Practice sessions which are vital for the team's Research and Development program.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...earch-alias=videogames&field-keywords=f1+2016
F1 2016 is available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 here

Do you own F1 2016? What are your impressions so far? Let us know!

Don't take it personal please but if you have ever experienced the difference between 30 and 60 fps there is no coming back! Of course 30fps are fluend but 60fps are totally smooth. It is a big difference and software companies like Codemasters are doing nothing to get this high fps because it is harder to program. And as long as people like you are out there saying 30fps is enough for everyone 1. you are not right because a lot of people hate 30fps like me and 2. you are lowering the progress of programming better runing title unfortunately.

So please speak only for yourself, no offense. Thank you.

Don't take it personal please but if you have ever experienced the difference between 30 and 60 fps there is no coming back! Of course 30fps are fluend but 60fps are totally smooth. It is a big difference and software companies like Codemasters are doing nothing to get this high fps because it is harder to program. And as long as people like you are out there saying 30fps is enough for everyone 1. you are not right because a lot of people hate 30fps like me and 2. you are lowering the progress of programming better runing title unfortunately.

So please speak only for yourself, no offense. Thank you.
Okay.....
Well, first of all I never said 30fps was enough.
All I did was point out that instead of calling people clueless, it might be a better option to state solid arguments as to why they're wrong.
Something which you still haven't done, by the way.

Second, getting higher fps isn't 'harder to program'.
The difficulty lies in getting both high fps and satisfactory graphics while also running a decent physics-engine behind it all. It's not a question of programming, it a question of brute processing power.

Third, stating that Codies doesn't do anything to get high fps does seem to rather blithely ignore the fact that F1 2016 is quite capable of running 60+ fps even on my rather modest rig. :)

It's been a long while since I have played a driving/racing game that I can't wait to jump back on. I am sat at work thinking about setups and just waiting to get some time on it tonight. I am even considering going from 25% race distance to 50% just because I enjoy the strategy side so much which is not something I would normally ever do especially with a 10 year career ahead but I am in no rush at all to get to the end point.

I feel the same. Just having my tea now and will then prepare myself for Sochi qualifying after doing all 3 practice sessions yesterday. I very much doubt I'll be doing any online racing for a while. This is exactly what I wanted. :thumbsup:

Another minor niggle is that you can't make the game ignore USB devices.
I've got a throttle/stick combo for my flight-simming in the same USB hub as my wheel, and every time F1 gets fired up, it tells me that I haven't assigned any functions to them......*sigh*
'I know. I don't plan on getting airborne' :D
Minor issue, but it's starting to annoy me..

I had this with the THR8 shifter connected on a USB port on the pc
(mm its a 1.1 port I think will try on 2.0 see if that helps to have all devices connected)

this was the first device (even when T500 is default device in w7) the game found and had to choose and reconfigure my T500 every time I started the game, unplugged the shifter and now my wheel is recognised correct and holds the settings.

I also had a very fast talking commentary,voice and intro music
had to lower the sound settings of the speakers it was way to high
19,200 hz lowerd to 48000 all good now

Great fun with the game sadly not so much time yet to drive
opponent ghost driver in Time Trail very clever!! :)

Last edited:
racing games don't require more than 30fps tbh I'm running Core I5 6600K with 750GTX TI on high setting and I'm getting 30-40fps on 1080p but game is incredible it feels more like a f1 sim great stuff
Wut? If there's any genre that needs 60fps it's racing. I'm so used to 60 that 30fps feels laggy to me. I'm so much more accurate with the steering when the game is playing smoothly

Another wonderful evening spent playing this great F1 simulation. I say simulation because it really does simulate the whole thing in my opinion. And it takes some pushing to get on a par with them at my chosen skill level, expert, cockpit only, TC enabled and no restarts, flashbacks etc. Just right for me.
I decided to start a new career in the HAAS team yesterday (don't ask me why, just fancied it) and so far everything is going great. Sochi today proved to be brilliant. Love the track. Qualified in 10th (I'm running expert mode and it's a real struggle to push and improve) after some sweaty practice sessions. Race was going great until I had a coming together after my pitstop with "my team mate".:notworthy::whistling: Took out a Renault too. Can't wait for tomorrow evenings race session now. Bring it on.
ps Bahrain is superb at dusk.

f1%203_zps0f1negbx.jpg

f1%20haas_zpscjjwkddq.jpg

f1%204_zpsyiik63xp.jpg

Ps, the replays at the end of the race are the best ever. Truly brilliant with great visuals and TV angles and the sound is great too. Listen to the Mclaren, that one sounds really good. The graphics are truly fantastic aren't they?

f1%202_zpspz43byvj.jpg

20160822214844_1_zpstbjv60yq.jpg

I took this screen shot yesterday and it's now my windows wallpaper of the week.

Last edited:
I think I bought an F1 game years ago but that was before I had a wheel. Decided to get this one because it looked promising and I now have a wheel :). It is taking me a bit to get used to the game. My video card doesnt hat the HP to do triples....I may try to lower some settings and try again tonight though. On a single screen, I can't really get the FOV I want and to have mirrors. I don't want to have to press buttons to look left/right...I am too busy concentrating on the road to do that :p.

I dont know what it is...but I am not liking the placement of the onscreen display stuff. In cockpit mode, I want to have the miniHUD stuff they have on the other views, but I you don't get that (Did I hit DRS or not? not sure!). For the stuff that is there, it seems to be really tough to read. I have no problems with reading the info on AC/AMS and other games, but the stuff in this game is either too wordy, not bright enough or in an inconvenient spot to read/understand at a quick glance. And you only have a quick glance with these fast cars. I got a call to change strategy and it wanted me to confirm, but I couldn't read how to do it because my concentration was on the race. The menus on the bottom right are not bright enough and are too small to read and to manipulate going at speed around the track...and are too far away from the center of my vision. Might have to do some practice races to get used to using it though.

My first race weekend (I was using the abbreviated stuff 30/30/30 25% race was interesting getting used to things. I tried to do all three goal thingies in FP1, but the tyre management and quali ones were a disaster 0 pts on each. I got the tyre management one down on FP2, and the quali one on FP3....I think it was all due to the track gripping up as the weekend went along. Then it was onto the race itself at Albert Park.

I outqualified my teammate Gutierrez in 14th....but on race day, it figures....is raining. And of course I had done no stints on Inters at all. Got a decent start and decided to dive towards the apex on T1 since everyone was queuing up. Bumped Bottas a little, took a little wing damage, and found myself in 9th place now. I slip slided through the course for the next 5 laps and was still in 9th, but like 15s back from 8th. Because the AI doesn't want to pass, I had a nice conga line of cars behind me.

On lap 6 got a radio call to change tyres and finally figured how to confirm. Hop into pits and it took forever for them to release me from the pit stall. On replay I realized they decided to change my wing. I wish they didn't, it wasn't damaged that much and I would have rather had the track position (I need to find out if I can tell them NOT to fix damage). After they fixed the wing I was held while at least 6 cars passed me....looked like there was room. Because of this I was released into something like 18th spot. Hopefully the next race will go better.

3 hours into the game and i'm hooked. Very immersive once you delve into your career and how the game modes are thoughtfully worked out. Physics and FFB are quite enjoyable, atmosphere is far more alive and engrossing than in the hardcore sims we usually chose, and every option i wanted to adjust, i could adjust.

They have outdone themselves here it seems :thumbsup:

Another wonderful evening spent playing this great F1 simulation. I say simulation because it really does simulate the whole thing in my opinion.
Sure it's considered a "Simcade", but actually the driving really doesn't feel too different from that of something you'd drive in rF2/AMS/AC. All the same principles still apply, and they still work.

The FFB may not be as detailed, but it's still pretty much there in terms of simulating a similar driving feel to that of other full sims. I'm genuinely impressed :D

Great to see you're enjoying it so much Andy, I too am having a blast with it!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.