F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Released

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016.jpg
Featuring all the official drivers, teams and tracks from the 2016 Formula One season, the release day for Codemasters latest Formula One iteration is finally here.

Making it's return to the series is the Safety Car, along with the newly implemented Virtual Safety Car (VSC) and a host of new and improved features such as manual starts and formation laps. Players will be able to create their own character, personalise their own helmet and choose a racing number for their career.

F1 2016 is the official video game of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and features the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks, including the brand new Baku circuit in Azerbaijan, and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, including the new Haas F1 Team.

Many fans believe this to be the true successor to the original F1 2010 game with a greater focus on "Living the Life", as players will have to deal with media commitments, driver contracts and emails. In addition to these welcome improvements comes far more engaging practice sessions as drivers will need to complete programs and goals for the Free Practice sessions which are vital for the team's Research and Development program.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...earch-alias=videogames&field-keywords=f1+2016
F1 2016 is available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 here

Do you own F1 2016? What are your impressions so far? Let us know!

Just had the worst race ever :( Career mode, legend AI, 50% race in toro rosso. Did not have a great pace att Bahrain, but got a good start and had much better pace in race then qualify and practice so got up to 10th. With Perez and Sainz right behind me the entire race, and was fighting with them on every single lap. So we all 3 pushed for 1 stop and tire management is not my strong side to say it like that. So... on lap 28, out off 29, my left front tire just gave up on life with 100% wear and puncture :( I drove that race att night so I fear that I might I have woken up the entire island with my raging then :whistling:

So, you want to tell me I can't play this game with my lousy PC specs ?

System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 - 64bits
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 or AMD FX 8320
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 980 or AMD R9 Fury
HDD: 30GB

My PC:
Operating System: Windows 7- 64bits

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 770
HDD: 177GB

? :confused:

Here are the specs from the store page on Steam:

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor:Intel Core i3 530 or AMD FX 4100
    • Memory:8 GB RAM
    • Graphics:Nvidia GTX 460 or AMD HD 5870
    • DirectX:Version 11
    • Network:Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage:30 GB available space
    • Sound Card:DirectX Compatible Soundcard
    • Additional Notes:Supported Graphics Cards: AMD HD5870 or better, HD6870 or better, HD7790 or better, R7 260 or better, R9 260 or better Nvidia GTX460 or better Series, GTX560 or better, GTX650Ti or better, GTX750 or better, GTX950 or better

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor:Intel Core i5 4690 or AMD FX 8320
    • Memory:8 GB RAM
    • Graphics:Nvidia GTX 980 or AMD R9 Fury
    • DirectX:Version 11
    • Network:Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage:30 GB available space
    • Sound Card:DirectX Compatible Soundcard
    • Additional Notes:Supported Graphics Cards: AMD HD5870 or better, HD6870 or better, HD7790 or better, R7 260 or better, R9 260 or better Nvidia GTX460 or better Series, GTX560 or better, GTX650Ti or better, GTX750 or better, GTX950 or better

I would be interested too in an opinion of a simulation driver (assetto corsa, Iracing etc) that has driven F1 2016. How is the driving? Very arcade? Or worth a try for a simulation driver like me?

I would be interested too in an opinion of a simulation driver (assetto corsa, Iracing etc) that has driven F1 2016. How is the driving? Very arcade? Or worth a try for a simulation driver like me?
Played nothing else since the release, driving feels really nice, setup makes a big difference to lap times. It has a career mode that is actually interesting, I will say that again it has a career mode that is actually interesting.

You just missed a sale on Steam, where if you did not like it you could of had a refund within two hours.

I have all the other sims but it has just sucked me in and not let go yet.

I'd say that this a proper simulation. Not just the cars and tyre model etc. But an actual simulation of a race weekend in Formula 1
Surely can't be beat for the experience. The handling of the cars have decent enough FFB to be enjoyable. It won't win any awards in an FFB competition but the full experience it's hands down better than anything currently out there.

I'd say that this a proper simulation. Not just the cars and tyre model etc. But an actual simulation of a race weekend in Formula 1
Surely can't be beat for the experience. The handling of the cars have decent enough FFB to be enjoyable. It won't win any awards in an FFB competition but the full experience it's hands down better than anything currently out there.
regarding FFB i have just tried the following this afternoon and it has made the feeling to me a lot better...there is some feeling going on with the bumps in the road with this
i think i nailed the value which is responsible for the tarmac :)....there are even two variables, but if you raise the other one the rumble on the curbs also get stronger....which shouldn't be like that. Simply just the Tarmac...

...this one works now pretty good on my DFGT, other weels not tested. It may work, or not.

The Tarmac-FFB also depends on the track and track-surface...some surfaces on the tracks don't have any feedback at all, but that's okay. Real Life isn't always bumpy.

here the final upload .... again, rename .txt to .erp.

They are all games. Don't let the Master Race tell you what a sim is & what a sim isn't ?

Force feedback is a level behind AC & ProjectCash but it's a very enjoyable 'game'
Got them all but not had anything but F1 in the tray. Maybe it's because I :inlove: f1. who knows

Opinions are like noses.... We all have one..... Judge it for yourself....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.