FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

Hi guys, sorry but I doubt I'll be able to make it tonight...

Haven't been home before 8.30 for the last 3 weeks as we're short staffed at work and things are getting busy for the June/Sep rolls
Hopefully things will be back to normal next week or the week after.

Round - Barcelona

Qualifying Report/Starting Position - Somewhere on the S/F straight. :whistling:

Race 1 Report - Managed a final 4th place behind the Super-Hiper-Turbo-Extra-Fast-Rocket-Flash-Thunder-Speed of Light [oTYo] team drivers. Therefore, happy with that.;)
Race 2 Report - Nice start from all drivers. Chris and Karl pulled away a bit, but I managed to put some pressure on Dan's rear (since Dick Dastarly and Mutley were sleeping during 1st race). We swap positions a few times in a very very close dice. Near the end, Dan had put a safe gap for me, maybe 100 feet. When we were about to cross the finish line, finaly, Dick Dastarly and Mutley have done something usefull and I just saw Dan's car fliping and rolling over through the line. I crossed the line in front of Dan with 0.001 of gap. :O_o:
I didn't deserved the 3rd place, but that's racing. :)

Round Summary - Could be better, my I am very happy with the overall result.
Do you guys in front use manual clutch assigned to a button or pedal? I mean, with same cars (as I realized with the stock Audi R8 race), I see some cars having a better acceleration, I believe it is due to the clutch. No way, for who use manual shifter but with auto clutch, to go along with.
I'm happy again, but this time because you can hear me when I speak, my voice sucks, but at least you hear me. :D However I only hear Garry. I hear Chris when he begins to talk, then the sound fade away and I don't understand everything. The rest of the guys, I hear them to low in a frequency that only dogs and cats can hear. Can you guys change the setup option voice in the main XBOX menu to a bit higher? Might be the reason.

Congrats to winners and to all finishers

Cheers

Me dan and Chris have been talking and yes Paolo we all use the clutch and I think it give u about 1sec a lap on the slower car and less on the faster car

But we have been talking about a full simulation championship
restricted in car view
no OSD
manual clutch only
and no suggested lines
the full works basically what would you say to that

I wouldn't mind. I race with those restrictions already. The only difference is that I race with clutch help, I mean, I have to switch the gear manually but have auto clutch (no need to press any pedal or button).

I'm as Paulo, drive with auto-clutch, so gear change is only implemented by press of a button and not a combination of two.

I might try the manual clutch options with the controller and see how it goes, but may end up sticking with how I do it now, so any 'manual clutch' events would then be a sit out for me.

Race 1.... Wish I had not bothered. Thought I got off ok, then lost it early on and failed to handle the car in a way I could at least challenge.
Got lapped so binned it after that, plus hearing laughter when I was being lapped wasn't very nice for me to hear. Overall - disappointed. :(

Hi, i need some help lads. I want to join the clio v6 league here and have not used this site before, where and how do i sign up? if there are spaces??

thanks in advance

Welcome Joe :thumbsup: I`m not going to speak for Garry who organises this great series but i`m sure your more than welcome to race, yeh youve signed up in the right place mate, Garry will send you a friend req on xbl and then will invite you on the evening of the race. just keep an eye open for the next race thread and then just confirm your availability. see you on the grid mate :thumbsup:.
The only thing is i think theres only 1 rd left, theres also plenty of other great series mate if theres any that takes your fancy....The RD league.....DTM WC......Civic WT....GT2 WS....LeMans endurance series, Your more than welcome!

ok thanks, im happy to have a go in the last race. I would like to do a complete clio series would you be starting a new one soon?

and thanks for the help steve/gary
Good to have you along Joe!

We are in the process of trying to consolidate our leagues a bit to focus people and boost attendance so when this and the other leagues end they won't be rolling over straight away. You may also want to check out the Civic World Series as there's still plenty of races to go there and a similar type of competition car-wise.

Gary,

I think No. 7 was initially reserved for another racer at the start of the Clio series (Dylan H), but as far as I'm aware, he left the RDDC club within Forza and hasn't raced with us in ages, so I'm sure it would be OK to go with it, seeing as it is the last race of the series.

I'm sure Gary (the organizer) will be along to to confirm.

:D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea