AC Classic GT (Live Stream) @ Silverstone - Monday 20th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have some improvements for tonight's stream.

Name tags on cars will be turned on because I have found out how to make them appear when the camera is at a greater distance from the viewed car. This should make it much easier for me as the standings overlay is often lagging behind (although I might have fixed that).

Also I'm going to attempt to move my car out of the pits after the first few laps and park it up. This is to prevent me from being automatically classed as finished as soon as the leader crosses the line meaning i can't watch any battles to the line.

Can anyone see any issues with me parking up at the side of the track?

I have some improvements for tonight's stream.

Name tags on cars will be turned on because I have found out how to make them appear when the camera is at a greater distance from the viewed car. This should make it much easier for me as the standings overlay is often lagging behind (although I might have fixed that).

Also I'm going to attempt to move my car out of the pits after the first few laps and park it up. This is to prevent me from being automatically classed as finished as soon as the leader crosses the line meaning i can't watch any battles to the line.

Can anyone see any issues with me parking up at the side of the track?
In rFactor the drivers will get a yellow flag in the area , don't know if its the same in Assetto.

Maybe he can get far enough off track, drive into the middle somewhere, "Safari time"

Maybe just after pit exit turn right as you down the ramp, you can hide right up by the bails by the busses, or opposite the Dunlop bridge seems to have a good bit of space on the right..

Last edited:
Just been driving round myself..:)

all depends if it triggers a yellow flag, pit entrance/exit might squeeze a little abarth out the way.
Car will be at there slowest there and off the track per say..

Just been driving round myself..:)

all depends if it triggers a yellow flag, pit entrance/exit might squeeze a little abarth out the way.
Car will be at there slowest there and off the track per say..
In order to avoid a permanent yellow flag I think that the solution to put the little little Abarth very close to the right side limit of the pit exit should not give any problem.
@Nobkins maybe a possible solution could be that you deploy your car in the grid (you should be last) and then skip to pits before or after the red lights are off. We may test some race starts before the official practice starts.

With this situation I will setup two servers.
  1. RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU HISTORIC will host the race live streamed for the drivers of the first list
  2. RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU RESERVE HISTORIC will host another mirror race for the drivers in the second list
For the drivers in the second list: in case of last minute drop offs I will move your names, starting from the first , in the main event. So, check out this thread for last minute news. In any case if at 19.55 GMT you see any free slot in the first server, you're entitled to join, because someone has failed to attend the race.
Let me remind to all the drivers point n.3 of our RD Racing Club Rules:
When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. Signing up means you are committed to finish the entire race.

@Nobkins maybe a possible solution could be that you deploy your car in the grid (you should be last) and then skip to pits before or after the red lights are off. We may test some race starts before the official practice starts.

I think any car that is in the pits when the leader crosses the finish gets classed as instantly having finished (presumably because pit exit is closed or something). So I need to be (ideally and if possible) out of the pits but not causing a yellow flag.

Hello,

if its possible to have a beginner inside, basic training from RD -> passed ;).
I would like to drive on server 2 with any car left.
Dont know the Porsche nor the GT40 ... but if you need a descition ill take the GT40

thx

Hello,

if its possible to have a beginner inside, basic training from RD -> passed ;).
I would like to drive on server 2 with any car left.
Dont know the Porsche nor the GT40 ... but if you need a descition ill take the GT40

thx
Welcome in the AC Racing Club Arcon!
You are in the second server list with a mighty GT40.
About the beginner training, you're lucky because in this period on Wednesday (Abarth 500) and Friday (Formula Abarth) evenings @Bram organizes the #AbarthyParty events with entry level machines specifically for newcomers.
Those are nontheless club races, with their thrilling and fights, where "The worst thing that can happen is that you'll become a better driver".
In the next months, there will be also some Premium Academy events.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back