rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
r29j45.jpg

Event Details
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3
Car: 1960 Classic Formula 3
Track: Searspoint (download here)
Racedepartment MOD Download: Download here.
Weather: Dry

Time Schedule
20:00 GMT Practice
20:30 GMT Qualification
20:40 GMT Warm-up
20:45 GMT Race (14 laps)

Click here to see when the event starts in you timezone.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
Subscribe to this thread: click here

MOD Installation.
To join this event, you need to download the custom mod above. Both track (install first) and MOD (install second) MUST be installed to join the server.
Follow this installation instruction:
- Download the track and mod (zip file)
- Install the track, including all updates (must end at v1.3)
- Unzip the downloaded rdf3.zip, and place them in the packages folder
- Install the update on the HistoricOpenWheels (UNtick the Show Mods Only box)
- Install the mod
- Join the server.

Notes:
  1. Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  2. If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  3. We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
  4. Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug forum here.
Sign-up list:
  1. Noel Spence
  2. Jim Carvallo
  3. Marco Bijl
  4. Joakim Skalstad
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I will be there as well ;) Had way to much fun last week NOT to be here :p

Download to enter the server will be here hopefully tonight, tomorrow the latest. Server will be put online then as well.

Working hard to get the mod ready. I hope to have a new surprise again :) Still working on finishing it. If I can't make it in time to get the mod finished, I shall post a normal one tomorrow.

Unfortunately i cant make this race which is a shame , Sears is a brilliant track for these cars and it would have been great fun to race against you all again , i will have to catch you all on the next one

Server is up!

Another fancy surpirse with this one ;) We are proud to present, the Racedepartment Club Racing Classic Formula 3 series!

6 different skins, 2 cars (Eve and Spark)
rfactor2201203111634220.jpg

Official series, also to be played offline:

rfactor2201203111633346.jpg

rfactor2201203111639391.jpg

All cars selectable from the front image. No need to enter the showroom to check out the skins:

rfactor2201203111633463.jpg

To enjoy all this fun (and to join the server), download the zip file from the top post.
There are 2 files in there. Follow the installation instructions in the first post to set it up.

Enjoy :)

not working for me, it says version 3 of seers is not installed but it is, all fixed had tp update on of the historic open wheelers thanks mate, woops i cannot join online server has cross on it

I already installed Sears when this thread first came up. I installed the original and the updates and installed them and was able to run Meganes at Sears offline just fine. I've downloaded the zip file, unzipped it and put the packages in the rF2 Packages folder. When I go to Manage Mods in the Launcher, it says the two packages can't be installed.

BTW the skins look great. Thanks to all who did the work.

Edit: When I went back to Manage Mods and unchecked mods only, I noticed a little asterisk next to one of the two Historic Mods listed. I right-clicked it and could chose to install it. Then I could go into offline mode and install F3 at Sears. Fantastic combo of cars and track. I've been to several events there over the years. This looks well done. Now to try it online .... And that works fine as well. Thanks, RD and Marco. :)

Thats what I thought already ;)

As this is something we never used before.
A little background info on how this works.

On the Historic Cars from ISI, an update has been created. So, we are using all functions from the original mod, just with new liveries. To install, I can either add the update to the mod, which makes it 1 click install, or do it as 2 seperate files. Reason why I choose to do it like this, is that the file size is very low now (around 25Mb while the whole package together is around 120Mb), but also, when we are going to do a new event, the guys who have installed the update now, do not have to do that again.

For the next F3 race we will do, you just have to install the mod file, which will use the same car update ;) This makes downloads for future events way more smaller.

Ow, and I am glad you guys like it, since it has costed a LOT of work to get this sorted, and create the packs in time ;)

Thanks for the setup, Marco. I want to try to make this and not be late like last time. :oops: According to the link above, my local time is listed as noon (California). However the website says it's Standard time, and we've already started DST. According to this site:
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
the time will be 1:00 PM which takes into account DST. For example, as I write it's 21:00 GMT and 14:00 (2:00 PM) local.

Also, last time, I could listen with TeamSpeak, but could not be heard, which may be for the best. ;) When I used the TeamSpeak test, my mic seemed to be working. Any thoughts or links for what I should be checking? TIA

Not sure about that TS thing Jim. Perhaps you activated a Push-to-talk button, and did not press that? If the setup in TS shows the mic working, it should be working in the rooms as wel.

As for the event, I will make sure it does not start early ;).

I added the race details. 14 laps it will be. That will be just around 30 minutes I think.

Did some practice laps just now. Came to a 1.57.xxx, with lots of room for improvement still.

A small video ;) I do not know yet how to remove the box on the left side. Haven't looked into that yet.

[edit]
Another one on Searspoint, not mine ;). This is just about 1.55, so a bit nicer driver, and with the Eve.

A tricky track for sure. Like Riverside, you've got to establish your line very early in the esses. Get it a little wrong early and pay the rest of the way.Enjoyed the vids. I love how you can see hotspots on the tires in rF2. The video also emphasizes how much the body rolls, which I hadn't noticed before.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back