rF2 Classic F3 @ Searspoint - Wednesday March 14th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yes, it is a tricky track. But its fun to drive ;) Once you got the lines, it's ok, as soon as you are off the lines, you are off the track :p

Looking forward to tomorrow.

sorry for leaving , but i got a stop and go at the start because i was looking at my dhy hud which is not syncronised with the game ,so got a fast start lol , then i went around in circles trying to find the pits[ what a ding bat did not even check where the pit entrance was before race[thanks to marco for setting it up was all fun

Great fun, thanks for the race guys.... it was Jim, Marco's and Noel's misfortune that put me in the lead after 4 laps or so, but that was short lived as Joakim continued to put me under pressure from 200m behind and forced me to make an error ;) . Thanks for trying to repair my lost rear wheel and engine Marco, a valiant attempt considering you had sideways running gear at the time.

Well done to Joakim for winning the race outright and performing a bit of 'Magic' (cut the car in half with a pit wall) at the end (Lap 10) and congrats to Marco for coming second.

Very entertaining!

Congrats to Joakim on the win and perseverance. I guess I need to reduce the load on my old graphics card until I can get a new one. A screen freeze put me out. I had a freeze in practice, too. Noel had very good pace, too bad we couldn't spend some time time actually racing. Fun while it lasted. I'm looking forward to the next time. I enjoyed the company of Joakim, Paul, and Noel. Thanks again to Marco for putting this altogether, including the car skins, and being a gracious host.

Again, so much fun. What great car's to drive those F3's.

Still not sure why the server dropped out of matchmaker. Will mention this to ISI.
Had a personal best during first qualy session. To bad we had to restart the server, as that removed all the rubber from the track. This is the reason why I was struggling so much in the first lap.I find it difficult to addapt to those changed grip levels :).

Had a great start in the race. Noel made a mistake with the start, and I passed Jim into the first corner. THAT was the time i noticed those mirrors are crapy when not adjusted :( Could not see a thing behind me. 3rd corner I went a bit sideways, and Jim took the inside line. He "suddenly" apeared in my screen, and scared the sh*t out of me :) Could not recover in time, so went off. Joakim being a smart*ss did not help as well :p. I shall try to remember to stay on the black stuff next time :p.
While cathing up, I made a small mistake, which made me tap the wall gently, but enough to mess up my steering.

Seen some strange things though. Joakim went off in the end, and had his wheel hanging above his head for a while. Real strange bug. Then, when he made the pitstop, he got "shot" out of the pitbox, in the wall. So, when his pitsop was over, he could not drive away anymore.

Also, there seem to be an issue with FPS on 2 places of this track. Will look into that, and update Mianiac about it, so he can look into it.

Overall, it was a blast again! Really had some fun. Thanks all for attending, and the laughs.

Update on the FPS 'drop spots'...

I tested last night and this is the only track that gets such drastic and sudden FPS drops, other tracks such as Mills have low spots, but the FPS drops gradually and then rises gradually around the track and I'm convinced is crowd/statium based.

The sudden and totally repeatable FPS drops on Searspoint are caused ONLY if mirrors are on (real or virtual doesn't matter) and view does not matter either, but I normally drive in cockpit only and this 'feature' is currently unique to the track (I have default, Searpoint and Snetterton installed). I tried turning off most display settings and turning down those that had variable settings, but all that did was boost the FPS over all. With HDR off (it reduces my overall FPS a lot on 3 screens so I'm happy without it) and all other setiings on or full or max and Mirrors set to real and on, I get a little over 100 FPS on Searspoint, apart from 3 or 4 areas. I'll detail the first one as it's so easy to get to.

The first drop happens when going along the pit lane apart half way along the exit straight (just before the movie screen on the right if you are in the pits and lasts until you exit the pits it drops to 44 FPS and then raises immediately at the end of the pit staright to 100+ FPS. I suspected the movie screen to start with (and it still maybe the case) but if I disable the mirrors, no change in FPS is experienced, in fact my overall FPS goes up to about 115 FPS constant with no sudden drops at all.

I'm convinced that if the reason for these drops is ironed out at this spot, then it will be the same reason as the other 3 places on the track, which if needed I will take a screenshot of the intro screen and pinpoint the drop spots as best as I can after work today.

Ok, 4 issues reported.

Tire above car
Jump to pit wall
Both went to ISI. They will look into it.

Fence is non destructive
FPS drops
Both went to the track builder. He suspects he knows the issue, though he thought he had it fixed. He will look into it, so I suspect an update before the league starts.

Thanks for all the good descriptions guys! Appreciated!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%