F1 2017 Check Out the New F1 2017 'Born to be Wild' Trailer

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Trailer.jpg

Another new F1 2017 trailer has been release - introducing 'Born to be Wild'...

With just nine days remaining until the latest Formula One game from Codemasters releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 25th, (yet) another new gameplay trailer has been produced by the development team responsible for the latest incarnation of the popular Formula One series of games.

'Born to be Wild' runs for a little under 60 seconds and captures much of the spirit of the new Formula One game from Codemasters. Giving us a good look at some of the aggressively styled 2017 specification cars all run in front of an epic soundtrack (something has to mask those 2017 spec engine noises doesn't it?), the new trailer looks good and once again puts F1 2017 in a very positive light ahead of the release later this month.

If you've had enough of watching studio made trailers and want to get into the meat of what the latest game has to offer then fear not! RaceDepartment will be bringing you our very own video preview of the new title as early as tomorrow, with some laps run in the Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda McL32 for you to enjoy as we share our early opinions. Heads up though, the game lacks realism considering the car lasted more than 10 laps and actually managed to overtake someone... can't have it all I suppose...

While you wait on our preview video coming "soon", check out the 'Born to be Wild' trailer below and pretty screenshot attached to this article...

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on August 25th.

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, oh and get yourself signed up for some awesome online racing in our F1 2017 League and Club Racing sub forum too!

Looking forward to F1 2017? Think the game will finally produce a title worthy of the F1 franchise? Let us know in the comments section below!

Reactions: Rob
Yes it walks the walk - but does it talk the talk?
F1 2016 is still the most disappointing game I've ever bought. No feeling whatsowver of driving an actual car. Will F1 2017 be any different? Probably not. It's time to let anorher company have a try at making a proper F1-game.

Uff

Premium
F1 2016 was a very good racing game, definitely the best title of the series. My only problem with it was that the car used to oversteer in basically almost every gear, requiring to use a little bit of traction control to get a much more realistic behavior. If they finally fixed this issue and improved the FFB (which already was acceptable in F1 2016), then this year we should have a really good game.

I must say, this has been the greatest feeling game yet. The FFB is awesome. Can't wait to share my first career race with you tomorrow with all the new R&D and invitational events as well. Even in a slow car like the McLaren, its still a lot more fun racing than the other games.

I must say, this has been the greatest feeling game yet. The FFB is awesome. Can't wait to share my first career race with you tomorrow with all the new R&D and invitational events as well. Even in a slow car like the McLaren, its still a lot more fun racing than the other games.

I agree. I have played it for a month.

- The ffb is wonderful, much like DiRT.
- The front wings, at least on replay, are low slung and perfect.
- You can catch a slide with gas + brake (my test, which didn't work in 2016).
- The graphics are sunning, as Bram says. I often think I'm looking at a picture, and I only have 1080p and no PC hoopla.
- The depth is unparalleled and underrated, for those into immersion (not you @Bram). But when you combine the track detail now in there, and add the layers upon layers of tire choices for each race, plus the overambitious engineers telling you to change your pit strategy (it's annoying, but real) every other lap, it makes it seem like you are there, even if there are some compromises, like auto pit in the pit lane (but there is a cool feature that mandates you engage the clutch before you can exit your pit stall).
- The A.I. are the best in the business, at least compared to pCARS and Assetto and older F1, but I can't imagine anything being better. It sort of scared me with all the discussion about A.I. being somewhat scary in the wrong hands.
I was racing against them the other day and they were better than people. The only negative is that they still don't block you at the start (although I have been blocked in a race...a first.). A key this year is that the "bumper cars" (and subsequent damage) is gone in wheel to wheel or sidepod to wheel action. Closer to NASCAR I'd say (I know, but they feel close). To me, that's not a bad thing, as these cars do get close on occasion and they can touch w/o damage. Now that has become reality.

The only real letdown is that they didn't update their setup philosophy. It's really unchanged, and desperately needs a replacement. But no worries...it still works like you remember. lol. But the driving is so good, you may not care.

I'll probably get my beta license pulled now, but I'm not bothered. .

Last edited:
F1 2016 was a very good racing game, definitely the best title of the series. My only problem with it was that the car used to oversteer in basically almost every gear, requiring to use a little bit of traction control to get a much more realistic behavior. If they finally fixed this issue and improved the FFB (which already was acceptable in F1 2016), then this year we should have a really good game.

Same here and the lowest medium TC is really sim-cadish. And the reason is obvious as well, when looking in the pedal-settings. The first 25-30% of the pedal-throw of my HE Pro pedals are dead and than the output certainly catches up too fast. I wrote a thread at their forums some while ago and still don´t know which pedals have this issue as well...

But without VR no purchase anyway and Codemasters declined VR-support for this version already.

Yes it walks the walk - but does it talk the talk?
F1 2016 is still the most disappointing game I've ever bought. No feeling whatsowver of driving an actual car. Will F1 2017 be any different? Probably not. It's time to let anorher company have a try at making a proper F1-game.

Nothing wrong with F1 2016.To the point of what other companies should take on F1, who is there, EA, Turn 10 (both working on their own stuff) ISI (we know how much of a failure that was with rfactor 2) Studio 397 (not much better then ISI, no information) Reizi (possibly but not a good choice either) Slightly mad (project cars was a horrible game) Kunos (not a very good option for a career mod based game, and no where near a sim) Milestone, potentially. Codemasters are the best fit, and the issues they had previously was Bernie Ecclestone (the dictator) who was a very strict person it seems) Liberty is loosening up F1 again

Same here and the lowest medium TC is really sim-cadish. And the reason is obvious as well, when looking in the pedal-settings. The first 25-30% of the pedal-throw of my HE Pro pedals are dead and than the output certainly catches up too fast. I wrote a thread at their forums some while ago and still don´t know which pedals have this issue as well...

But without VR no purchase anyway and Codemasters declined VR-support for this version already.
That sounds like a problem with your pedals and the way they're being recognized by the game. And what's wrong with the oversteer? You can dial it down with ease. Better yet, you can learn a bit of throttle control to manage it, since the cars react much better and the response is much more satisfying (particularly in the rain) when you modulate it correctly than in, say, all the ISI-powered sims out there that exaggerate the power delivery.

That sounds like a problem with your pedals and the way they're being recognized by the game. And what's wrong with the oversteer? You can dial it down with ease. Better yet, you can learn a bit of throttle control to manage it, since the cars react much better and the response is much more satisfying (particularly in the rain) when you modulate it correctly than in, say, all the ISI-powered sims out there that exaggerate the power delivery.

Modulation throttle with just 70% pedal-throw is nonsense and the physics in F1 sucks anyway. Did some good leaderboard-results in F1-cars in real sims like AMS, so i know how to drive and don´t need you as a nanny *emoji with one finger up*

Modulation throttle with just 70% pedal-throw is nonsense
Fix your pedals then.

and the physics in F1 sucks anyway
Of course they do. Better to blame the game than your own shortcomings, right?

Did some good leaderboard-results in F1-cars in real sims like AMS, so i know how to drive and don´t need you as a nanny *emoji with one finger up*
So have I. It says nothing about your skill, or, in this case, the lack thereof.

Any body know the reasoning for no VR? My days of playing this title are done but VR changes everything and would have thought of buying this, am sure a few others would.
For a new title am a bit surprised.....ohhh well , continue with AC and RF2 and look forward to Pcars2

Fix your pedals then.
Nothing to fix there, because they work fine in every other title including Dirt 4. And as i mentioned in the CM-thread, there is the same problem with DSD-pedals as well, probably lots more and took me 30+ hours to even find out. CM just makes the handling far more difficult by not supporting pedals correctly.

So have I. It says nothing about your skill, or, in this case, the lack thereof.
Always some pricks around RD looking for a fight it seems:poop:. I´m still in the Top 5% in SimRacingSystems global rating and the physics in F1 sucks because of many issues like the worst SimVibe-support ever (even ATS does it better) and this lousy FFB (with or without Sim Commander FFB). Every F1-car i know in any real sim feels a lot better so far.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000