F1 2017 Check Out the New F1 2017 'Born to be Wild' Trailer

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Trailer.jpg

Another new F1 2017 trailer has been release - introducing 'Born to be Wild'...

With just nine days remaining until the latest Formula One game from Codemasters releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 25th, (yet) another new gameplay trailer has been produced by the development team responsible for the latest incarnation of the popular Formula One series of games.

'Born to be Wild' runs for a little under 60 seconds and captures much of the spirit of the new Formula One game from Codemasters. Giving us a good look at some of the aggressively styled 2017 specification cars all run in front of an epic soundtrack (something has to mask those 2017 spec engine noises doesn't it?), the new trailer looks good and once again puts F1 2017 in a very positive light ahead of the release later this month.

If you've had enough of watching studio made trailers and want to get into the meat of what the latest game has to offer then fear not! RaceDepartment will be bringing you our very own video preview of the new title as early as tomorrow, with some laps run in the Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda McL32 for you to enjoy as we share our early opinions. Heads up though, the game lacks realism considering the car lasted more than 10 laps and actually managed to overtake someone... can't have it all I suppose...

While you wait on our preview video coming "soon", check out the 'Born to be Wild' trailer below and pretty screenshot attached to this article...

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on August 25th.

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, oh and get yourself signed up for some awesome online racing in our F1 2017 League and Club Racing sub forum too!

Looking forward to F1 2017? Think the game will finally produce a title worthy of the F1 franchise? Let us know in the comments section below!

Reactions: Rob
Any body know the reasoning for no VR? My days of playing this title are done but VR changes everything and would have thought of buying this, am sure a few others would.
For a new title am a bit surprised.....ohhh well , continue with AC and RF2 and look forward to Pcars2

In an interview with Lee Mathers, the Creative Director said: VR will not be supported yet, because the technical focus lies upon a stable framerate, which is not possible with a VR-headset yet.
So they give a :poop: about PC-users is my short translation of that.

That sounds like a problem with your pedals and the way they're being recognized by the game.

HE pedals always had problems since the release of the game, but after some patches the issues was reported as solved, so I don't know if Leynad is saying that his pedals have a big deadzone (i.e. movement is not recognized by the game) or if it's the behavior itself that he doesn't like. I had a similar problem few weeks ago, when I plugged in my CSL PS4 with pedals connected to the base: each axis suffered from a 50% deadzone, which made them useless. I had to connect them separately to PC in order to get them to work properly.

And what's wrong with the oversteer?
What's wrong is that the car still oversteers out of turns even if you're in fifth gear. I don't know if you tried the game or not, to me it felt like if the oversteer was somehow related to the steering wheel angle rather than to the pedal position or gear you were in. Exiting a turn in 5th gear (even when the car was at very low rpms and the gear was too high, giving basically no acceleration) with the steering wheel turned more than a certaing degree would constantly end up in oversteer. You were constantly fighting with the wheel even in fast turns that should have been flatout.

- The ffb is wonderful, much like DiRT.

Hopefully it will be better, as the one in DiRT was not exactly what I would define a good FFB.

HE pedals always had problems since the release of the game, but after some patches the issues was reported as solved, so I don't know if Leynad is saying that his pedals have a big deadzone (i.e. movement is not recognized by the game) or if it's the behavior itself that he doesn't like.

It´s the deadzone plus the behavior. I checked the deadzone a few days ago without any changes. But anyway, check out the Ferrari SF-15T out of the Red Pack or the Formula Raceroom. Not a fan of both, but they are much better in handling, physics and FFB than F1 2016.

Hopefully it will be better, as the one in DiRT was not exactly what I would define a good FFB.

Thanks to Sim Commanders i had awesome FFB and SimVibe in Dirt 4 and both better than in Dirt Rally. F1 2016 is more on the opposite site.

Interesting: According to Steamspy Codemasters sold more than 10 times less copies of Dirt 4 than Dirt Rally so far. Seems Codemaster doing all the failures again for a rollback with F1. Just this time with pCars 2 around the corner, far not enough new stuff for charging a full price again and the missing VR-support.

Probably because only 1% of the customers has a VR headset?
Of all PC-gamers maybe, but certainly a lot more Sim-Racers switched already and especially with the significant price-drop of the Oculus Rift.

Is it rly interesting? We are talking about relatively new game vs bundled game or on massive sales (even i have dirt rally, i played maybe 5min). Not to mention Rally was super cheap at the beginning of the early access

I pre-ordered Dirt 4 for 29 Euros and this offer was available in hole Europe. But i doubt that any price drop will trigger anywhere near 600k new buyers and missing VR-support is part of the reason.

Of all PC-gamers maybe, but certainly a lot more Sim-Racers switched already and especially with the significant price-drop of the Oculus Rift.
What exactly is a lot more? 2%? Can you provide a source please?

VR is mainly a PC thing and seeing the sales of previous F1 201x games the majority of the consumers plays it either on a PS4 or XB1. If those are your main fields of operation why focus on the few people that own a VR headset on the PC?

The majority of the PC simmers are probably like me: very average. They own a PC with a single monitor, have a simple wheel with pedals and that's it. The fancy triple screens, VR headsets, motionplatforms and 50K rigs are really for a small percentage of our already tiny niche.

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool if it were supported but I can understand why not. I feel your pain as I have been waiting for 7 years for dedicated server support for the F1 201x series and will probably have to wait another 7 years. And us PC online racers are even a larger crowd than VR users :)

What exactly is a lot more? 2%? Can you provide a source please?
No, but i would suggest that RD is doing a pole-question about that. I would guess it´s over 30%.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-02-29-most-gamers-not-interested-in-vr-in-2016-report
VR is mainly a PC thing and seeing the sales of previous F1 201x games the majority of the consumers plays it either on a PS4 or XB1.

With about 700k sold Dirt Rally copies just on PC i don´t think that PC-Users should be 2nd choice customers anymore and AC sold better on PC by far. Every title other than Dirt 4, F1 and AMS is supporting VR atm and AMS lacks for obvious reasons. That´s certainly the minority.

The majority of the PC simmers are probably like me: very average. They own a PC with a single monitor, have a simple wheel with pedals and that's it. The fancy triple screens, VR headsets, motionplatforms and 50K rigs are really for a small percentage of our already tiny niche.
So you are mixing up 50k rigs with 0.4k $ Oculus Rift Bundles? Better safe some money to buy one, because using single-monitor afterwards is not an option anymore even i run 4k in 55 inch. VR is just so much better and 400 bucks a bargain for the benefit of immersion. It's like sitting in the car instead of in front of your screen.

Last edited:
id bet oculus sold pretty well with recent sale, customers cleaned all places where u could buy one, i had to wait for restock on amazon.de, my friend had to wait for restock on official oculus store. Im not surprised they dont support VR, well i dont even care for the game but i think VR is much bigger now and soon it wont be wise to not include VR in your game

More people play these games with joypads and that is really the target audience, mainstream players. Yes yes I know it supports a lot of wheels, but what are the stats on wheel ownership even on consoles?

Sorry sim pursuits, you can desire all you want for this to be sim focused and accommodate sims fans true requirements but making games tends to be about making money not sim racers happy. Especially when you have a "license fee" to cover you then want mass coverage of your product to sell on various formats and not be clearly different or superior on a single format.

Which in itself may be restricted by legal matters in contracts already signed by Sony Microsoft etc

No, but i would suggest that RD is doing a pole-question about that
RD is really not the right place to find an true representation. We are a highly targeted sim racing website where the majority of users are using steeringwheels, play their sims on a PC and it's memebers are far from mainstream.

Mainstream sales are the biggest, especially with F1 games. RD would not be a true representation of the average customer.

I would like this to be the same hardcore sim as any other sims out there but that will never happen with the F1 license. It's a freakishly expensive license and a lot of sales need to make up for that.

Look I need to know, with all the animated stuff to give it character and authenticity but like a bad FIFA can I get DLC to let me determine how Lewis has his hair, or what earrings, sunglasses etc he wears. What about his dogs?

Come on Codemasters make it happen!!!! :roflmao:

RD is really not the right place to find an true representation. We are a highly targeted sim racing website where the majority of users are using steeringwheels, play their sims on a PC and it's memebers are far from mainstream.
There are no true representative online-surveys, but the result would be interesting anyway;)
The majority of PC-Simracers using wheels i guess and Codemasters wouldn't support so many if this isn't a big enough market for them. VR might be very underrated by Codemasters like by yourself.

Any body know the reasoning for no VR? My days of playing this title are done but VR changes everything and would have thought of buying this, am sure a few others would.
For a new title am a bit surprised.....ohhh well , continue with AC and RF2 and look forward to Pcars2
They cant get it to work on console and in term PC. they hope to do it next year

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%