Check out the Brand New Formula E Design

Never understand the whole "no sound" = won't watch the sport argument. To me, there is nothing more exciting than tuning in every event and not knowing who will take the 25 points for the win. Isn't that what racing is about?
In fact, I can think of very few series today that offer great sounds in every car - V8 Supercars and Stock Car Brasil spring to mind as a few stellar examples. WRC, TCR, F1, BTCC don't sound exciting and unique, and thus the racing/ on track action has to compensate. BTCC and TCR nail this with close regs and added penalty systems and WRC cars compensate with the fastest cars since Group B and meaner looking cars. F1 has improved with better looking cars, but the racing is sub par at best.
Formula E offers the whole package - futuristic looks and sound, close racing, accessible events (cheap tickets) and restricted rule sets so costs don't get out of hand. Add a few more events (16-20 would be ideal) and take out Fanboost and Formula E is there in my opinion.

There's a possible marketing opportunity with the lack of engine noise. They could put large speakers to fill the empty space on rear winglets and play commercials or music by some upcoming fame hungry musicians. :)

This looks like it came from a console game. Nice eye-candy but way over the top.

Not sure about the reason why it does not need a rear wing anymore. Perhaps someone realised that there is not a single sweeper during the whole season...

Design is ok to me just... this has less in common with open and much more with closed cockpit looking car to me. And not only cause of halo but everything... spoilers, wings etc. Seriously more of an LMP1 or 2 car to me than some kind of ...formula.

Cover that halo with a bubble and you get yourself a small, neat IMSA prototype. I actually liked those cars on Forza 7. They are incredible fun to drive with the right setup.

I might be in minority (and I am as well missing the grunt and scream), but i hope they won't mod any artificial sounds in it! Any engine is still an engine, and what's even more pathetic than an hairdryer sound is a hairdryer sound pretending to be something else.
I would think of any machinery friction that will add some cool sounds to it, but any of that will drain the battery and power, so i guess that is no.

WTF! I love Formula E now!

this new car look really nice. now they just need new tracks and now exciting races!

really impressive.:thumbsup:

I do like slot cars and they're electric. I know it is racing and its very clean and green, however it also reminds me of the BMW I8 with engine sounds piped thru the car speakers to "enhance" the experience.
It also reminds me of my friends Toyota Prius where its tires are the only things making sounds.
I will admit its a very cool looking car.

I'll be honest with you, it's a really, really cool looking boat.

Come on, am I the only one thinks it looks more like a boat with four wheels than a car?

I've been saying that the Halo should be integrated into the car's design to make it not look **** and here is the proof. Too bad for F1 they didn't do it first. So, looks like F1's paranoia will reach new heights in 2018.

I'm not saying the car looks better for having Halo, but they've done it right. What can we do? It's the price of progress.

very cool. i bet anyone whining (pun intended) about them being electric wouldnt say they were boring if you drove one. racing is about RACING, not the audience hearing cool noises. and if you just cant go without loud race cars, i have good news, none of them are going away because of FE. you can continue to watch whatever you want.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.