Check out Paint Customisation Coming Soon to Wreckfest!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest Pain Customisation.jpg

Wreckfest is set to get some update love in the very near future, and to whet your appetite let's take a look at the new custom paint feature coming very soon to this entertaining title...

Ok so we know you can mod most (ahem, R3E) racing games to bring in your own customised paint schemes, and Wreckfest is no exception to this rule, however the good people over at Bugbear games have made the nice decision to give those of us less capable behind the photoshop controls an opportunity to insert our own splash of colour into the game, introducing as part of the upcoming new update a customisable in game paint editor! Hurray!

Using plenty of standard templates and presented in a simple and easy to understand fashion, the soon to be released paint customisation tool will according to Bugbear "allow you to choose from a variety of designs, ranging from plain paint to folk-racing and banger racing themed varieties, and then customize the colours to their liking. With this approach, it’s a breeze to make your car look completely different".

Of course Wreckfest is slated for a console release in the near future, so those players without access to the wealth of modding capability enjoyed by the PC crowd will be doubly pleased to hear of this new feature, yet another very apparent sign that finally Bugbear and Nordic Games are well on the path to a full version one release ready game in the near future...

We already have some little introductory information around what the new update might contain, however one thing we do know is the next build looks well set to be a big one. Find out what we know already in our article HERE.

Wreckfest is available for PC with console versions due to release during 2018.

Check out the Wreckfest Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. For added excitement we have a very interesting sounding racing club on its way... check out the info here.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the pain customisation and big build update coming to Wreckfest? How are you enjoying the title so far? Wanting to get involved in our upcoming Wreckfest Racing Club? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
For me everything about the game screams simplicity, switch on, get in, drive.. no need to complicate things
Making a quick paint scheme should also be quick and easy.. no need for over the top decals..
racing numbers spayed on with a aerosol.. its perfect and in keeping with the theme..
maybe the odd stencil to use, but again something simple.

my own personal taste would be.....
i nice mixture of colours, you know the score if you have seen my other skins from other games...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Had a quick install and re-look at this one after a pause of years (?).

This really could be good fun, especially with a few blokes in multi player (I especially enjoy the banger races around proper tracks, not so much the mindless arena destruction type of things).

Wreckfest needs now:

1) clutch and proper manual transmission
2) triple screen multi view support (spinning around and around with uncorrected side monitors makes your head spin)
3) improved FFB - it feels a bit like it is on/off, is clipping fairly fast and feels coggy
4) menu overhaul (this one really screams after a super easy and logical SEGA arcade machine menu)

This one has potential (has had it already many years ago and was left dormant sadly).

This is good news really, but I hope the developers also gives an option to let those people who knows how to use PHOTOSHOP the chance to get working on skins for this game as well and more parts to be paintable on the car as a whole - the better.

We're 3 years away from 2020 and most of the developers (not talking about BugBear Games... yet) these days are thinking backwards when it comes to skin modding funtionality support (ahem, AC).

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
it is only the menu that allows you to set up one at a time.
In session it works as intended (using CSWv2 + CSPv3 + CSS - all assigned and working).

Best is to completely delete all assignments and then assign functions to each device as you want.
In game they will work just fine.

Can't remember how I did it, but my CSWv2 + Logitech G25 pedals (Bodnar cable) + Logitech G25 shifter (Bodnar cable) all work fine. There is the thing when you're making assignments/testing where you have to scroll through keyboard, etc, until you reach the controller you're trying to use.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000